Well, seeing as the goal of the DLC is to get out from under the mountain of dislike for the ending, they had no choice but to make it free. If we had to pay for it, they'd just be digging themselves deeper. But as I've been saying, no amount of DLC is going to get them out of the pit they've already dug for themselves. Makes me feel bad for Bioware... I'm willing to bet they really were rushed to finish the game and had to make the crappy ending because of it.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, seeing as the goal of the DLC is to get out from under the mountain of dislike for the ending, they had no choice but to make it free. If we had to pay for it, they'd just be digging themselves deeper. But as I've been saying, no amount of DLC is going to get them out of the pit they've already dug for themselves. Makes me feel bad for Bioware... I'm willing to bet they really were rushed to finish the game and had to make the crappy ending because of it.

Maybe they were rushed, you never know with EA.

Maybe they were rushed, you never know with EA.

EA just wanted an open ending with no explanations at all, so they can milk us with future dlc, and just to make sure they can make a mass effect MMO, or gears of mass 4.

Hello all. ME fanboy reporting in to say ME3 is pretty great until the ending tears down the universe with a sledgehammer.

I'm an avid supporter of the "retake" campaign, but also a believer in the ability of BioWare to make things right in the extended cut.

It's really depressing the bitterness over the ending overshadows what is fundamentally an excellent game.

If anyone in Europe wants to farm credits in gold play multiplayer, add Melancholic2 on Origin. Just don't expect me to have a mic.

Hello all. ME fanboy reporting in to say ME3 is pretty great until the ending tears down the universe with a sledgehammer.

I'm an avid supporter of the "retake" campaign, but also a believer in the ability of BioWare to make things right in the extended cut.

It's really depressing the bitterness over the ending overshadows what is fundamentally an excellent game.

If anyone in Europe wants to farm credits in gold play multiplayer, add Melancholic2 on Origin. Just don't expect me to have a mic.

Still haven't got an answer from you, sent you a friend request on origin. :(

The multiplayer is actually pretty fun, but I can see how it could get boring if I play it too much (the repetition of gameplay gets kinda obvious after a while). The level cap is 20 for each character right? I've only got a lvl 14 human male soldier right now lol

The multiplayer is actually pretty fun, but I can see how it could get boring if I play it too much (the repetition of gameplay gets kinda obvious after a while). The level cap is 20 for each character right? I've only got a lvl 14 human male soldier right now lol

Yep the cap is lvl 20. I was surprised at how fun multiplayer is. When it was first announced, I was pretty pissed because I only wanted a single player game... guess I was wrong... multiplayer is pretty fun when you have a decent team.

Yes. Multiplayer surprised me in a good way. Getting a decent team can be a problem, though. Lone wolves and vanguards who were trained by the main game to think they're invincible everywhere. :rolleyes:

That's true, i have one of those "OP" vanguards. Cause most of the time people don't work together much anyways. An asari vanguard lvl 20 with hmm can't recall the exact name, but she has 2 biotic powers that you can keep spamming and auto regenerates your shields, and are super effective.

Also: Why the hell didn't bioware include an ingame chatbox?? It was in the demo multiplayer, why not in the final release! I don't like talking to douches that i don't know with my headset. These kind of things are pretty basic for any multiplayer pc game.

Maybe it's to keep Xbox users from being butthurt about PC players getting a feature they don't. It's "their" franchise, after all, "best" on their platform.

I saw a post about the lack of text chat on the BioWare forums the other day, and it was ridiculed from the start because "you wouldn't have time to type, anyway". :D

All a vanguard really needs is fully upgraded biotic charge and all the cooldown reducing traits you can muster. Just spam charge and you'll be almost completely invulnerable in bronze and the first half of a a silver match. Charging anything in gold is suicide. An asari vanguard has the bonus of being able to incapacitate phantoms with stasis, which turns Cerberus into a shooting gallery. However, you end up accidentally kill stealing a lot, and you constantly risk the charge glitch (charging and dying at the same time: does not compute) that will make your character spaz out uselessly for the remainder of the match. Both tend to annoy the other players.

I love vanguards, though, because they have the ability to detonate my biotic explosions! :rolleyes:

Edited by Melancholic

After all the hating and dislike of the ending it was nice to see something besides rants and parodies ( im looking at you hitler parodies).

Someone meshed the dialogue from Gurren Lagann and edited ME3 scenes to make it so much better and logical.

already saw that one like 100 times

• 2 months later...

extended cut still sucks

they fixed their plotholes yes, but what i really wanted to know is what happened with my crew and li.......

a little more cutscenes + 10 min slideshow.... i'm surprised the download was 1.8 gb.

Bioware you have disappointment me...

Bought the digital collectors edition of ME3.

ME2 is way too better.

ME3 Crap ending...:mad:

Edited by Maou
Hash check error

Well, recently played through it. No in-depth analysis from me but at least they addressed some of the plot holes. Still feel let down by the ending and having no closure with crew members and relationships. Although I must say, some of the epilogue slides are pretty epic (zaeed comes to mind).