G-Senjou no Maou Discussion

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the side routes had something a little special. Tsubaki's had the best story of the three. Kanon's had the description of skating which was neat. Mizuha was the best character of the three.

Too bad Haru's route just blows them all out of the water.

I rewatched the ending about 3 times.

10/10

All the side routes had something a little special.

All the side routes are mediocre.

Tsubaki's had the best story of the three.

I disagree. Her route is trying too hard to be "deep," but it fails.

Kanon's had the description of skating which was neat.

Kanon description of ice skating is mostly wrong and inaccurate. However, ice skating description is a mundane point to begin with, not worth discussing. And if that is supposed to make her route special, that's just sad.

That said, it's her family relationship and character "development" (and I use this word very lightly) on her own route that I liked about, much more than Tsubaki that is. Granted, it wasn't that good.

Mizuha was the best character of the three.

She's the worst "main character" (rofl) in G-Senjou, ever. (Aizawa Eiichi isn't main, so he doesn't count)

Mizuha is just a background character in most chapters, and even during the true route in chapter 4, she exists only to serve [spoiler=G-Sen]moving the kidnapping plot for Tokita Yuki as the damsel in distress and nothing more.

And her "development" on her own route came out of nowhere. lol Tokita Yuki has much more character depth than she ever has.

Haru's route just blows them all out of the water.

I'll agree with this, though.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf

First off, I would recommend this game to anyone. 9/10 rating, a good game, a must play before you die. However, there are some posts about the game I disagree with. To begin, everyone is comparing the side routes to the true route. Uh.....yes the true route will be better. I mean Usami was facing a terrorist that alone blew all the others out of the water. And if you want my personal feelings, the epilogue to me was complete overkill. I mean they could just let the guy die, and Usami and Azai could have still lived happily ever after. And it still would have the same or close to the same effect. Now onto the other girls:

One: the many people who didn't like Non-chan's route. I wouldn't give this a meh. I would give this a pretty interesting. Why simple. It showed the other side of young stars with fame. She was being used by everyone but instead of crashing and burning like young stars in real life(Ex: Lindsey Lohan) She came out of it stronger. That she was figure skater was irrelevant. Furthermore, do I agree that said her problem way too many times, yes.

Two: Tsubaki. I personally didn't like Tsubaki route because it simply stupidity to be ok with people using you. Moreover, a little desire never hurt anyone just don't let it become selfishness. Her route was more about personal growth for azai than anything.

Three: Mizuha: This one was interesting in my opinion because it required Azai to give the notion that everyone has to have something that I can gain from. But mainly for the spoiled princess to gain empathy for others and independence for herself.

Ultimately, game is way better than most. However, each route would have been much better if they too had dealings with Maou like Tsubaki did. I mean after the whole incident with her Maou kept talking for a week or so. It would have made the game better if more of the girls' problems stemmed from Maou than just disappearing.

To begin, everyone is comparing the side routes to the true route. Uh.....yes the true route will be better. I mean

Usami was facing a terrorist that alone blew all the others out of the water.

There's nothing strange in comparing side & true routes. You even admit that true route is better. (That, in itself is a comparison of some sort) And believe it or not, there is a time where side route in a VN is actually better than true route. Furthermore, having a strong true route is no excuse for making weak side routes. ^^

And if you want my personal feelings, the epilogue to me was complete overkill. I mean they could just

let the guy die, and Usami and Azai could have still lived happily ever after.

And it still would have the same or close to the same effect.

You meant excluding the only thing that makes me rate this VN a 9/10? Err...

Well, to each his own.

One: the many people who didn't like Non-chan's route. I wouldn't give this a meh. I would give this a pretty interesting. Why simple. It showed the other side of young stars with fame. She was being used by everyone but instead of crashing and burning like young stars in real life. She came out of it stronger. That she was figure skater was irrelevant.

I will agree with this.

[spoiler=Kanon]I did not predict her to accept that stupid result the judge makes. Kanon really has grown up at that time, and I'm very happy to see it. *shed tears*

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf
There's nothing strange in comparing side & true routes. You even admit that true route is better. (That, in itself is a comparison of some sort) And believe it or not, there is a time where side route in a VN is actually better than true route. Furthermore, having a strong true route is no excuse for making weak side routes. ^^

Prime example: Hoshizora no Memoria.

I just finished the game recently and I can say this is one of the best I ever played. Taking the first place together with Dengeki Striker. Hehe

I enjoyed all girls good ending, every one of them had a diferent yet great story and a nice ending. I am a vanilla guy who always love the "happy ending". I liked how Haru story end, yet with all the bad things she and Azai had to fight, I had mixed feelings.

Still this was a great game. Hope I can find another similar like this game soon. I think the next one I will try is Kira Kira.