I just finished downloading edelweis from the main site.

But I couldn't open the game. The only thing I could read from the error message is a2xxxx.arc

I checked the file, a2000.arc

Could someone upload it somewhere? Or perhaps find me a solution?

Ooh, does that fix the horrendous grammar, spelling, and sentence structure?

Yep, only problem is that you get an error after the reject choices(for the bad ending).

oh yeah, i also heard about bad translation.

compared to atlas, which is better?

Atlas is the worst option, you use that for games that are not translated.

Edited by killerinsidee

I tested all the routes just now. All routes except the bad ending work fine with the patch I posted. The bad end works with the original version of the game (the one with the crap translation). In case you want to see that ending (since the fandisc continues from that end) you need to get the original version + crack.

To get the bad end, you need to pick the wrong last choice at any route and just keep choosing wrong ones after that.

Edited by killerinsidee
1. Awesome

2. Disappointing. Since they messed up something simple, I assume the patch is by Mangagamer then.

There are actually 3 versions of the game on the net.

1. Edelweiss v1

2. Edelweiss v2 Hybrid = Edelweiss + Hybridweiss patch - that patch was made by some guy, it converts v1 to v2

3. Edelweiss v2 (with official patch + crack)

Everyone seem to use the 2nd one. Didn't try the 3rd one yet since it's uploaded on crap hosts only, got no clue what errors that one has. Also no idea what version Ivan uploaded on the site. I just keep a clean v1 for bad end and v2 hybrid for every other route.

Just forget about the bad end and save yourself from the headaches :>

Edited by killerinsidee
  • 2 weeks later...
I can't believe there was a v2 out there and I played this game with that horrible grammar and spelling and every other type of mistake possible.

Nah don't worry, you're not alone. Mangagamer released that improved v2 patch two years after the first one.

Nah don't worry, you're not alone. Mangagamer released that improved v2 patch two years after the first one.

Yeah, but I *just* played it. I finished it a few days ago. And I didn't know there was a v2 patch. I didn't have to go through that torture. But at least the game was pretty good, so I guess it was worth it, but still, I can't believe there was a v2, widely available, and I didn't have it.