Play before it's done?

I've been waiting for the translation of To Heart 2 since i started playing eroge basically, and because the release date isn't for about another year or so I was wondering if you think I should just play the partial patch. Do you think it would be worth it?

And then you are halfway or however far the patch is through the story, and BAM..

You have to wait another year.

I'd personally just wait till it's done.

You'll most likely find enough decent stuff to read until the patch is ready.

I would wait. I know its hard to do, especially when you've been looking forward to the VN for a while now. I faced the same dilemma with Majikoi. Wanted to play it for a few months now but I've held off for now.. i just think it'll be a better experience going in once the full translation is done instead of stopping halfway through it and waiting again.

I would wait as well, unfinished translations are usually not very polished and you get a worse experience. If I would play some game that has been 50 % translated and the full patch releases 6 months later, I would probably forget most of what's going on.

The unpolished nature is the usually the biggest issue, grammatical issues or bugs are usually detected and suffered by those who use the partial patches. Of course their inconvenience ultimately leads to a higher quality 100% patch for you to enjoy hassle free.

Last year I read the trial version of 11eyes and since then I'm really interested in the visual novel.

Bad thing, the whole translation project is more than just stuck. This makes me a sad panda.

So never play any trials, you'll regret it. Waiting for years is just sooo uncool.

I've been waiting for the translation of To Heart 2 since i started playing eroge basically, and because the release date isn't for about another year or so I was wondering if you think I should just play the partial patch. Do you think it would be worth it?

I played To Heart 2. Although the common route is not completely translated, it's about 80% done (random conversations aren't translated, but enough of the story is to understand what important events are happening), and select heroine routes are 100% (not counting Tama-nee's, where for some reason just the H-scene is not translated). However, I would recommend playing the routes that are translated because I REALLY enjoyed Manaka Komaki's route (*cough* current signature and ava *cough*). If you haven't seen the anime, I would recommend researching the heroines first to see if any catch your eye; else, don't play.

As for playing with partial patches in general, I'm not a fan. Unless the common route is mostly finished, I won't think of playing it, because you cannot really get the full story that the author has, I hope, through "sweat and tears", attempted to write for you. Grammatical errors don't bother me, because I deal with them every day - subs in anime, manga, video-games, etc.

Edited by Zaig