Hoshizora no Memoria problems

Didn't work unfortunately. I'll try another fresh install.

If the fresh install doesn't work (be sure to delete all of the leftover files in the game folder and documents), then either the game files you have are corrupt or game patch 1.1 (game fix, not translation) is corrupt. There's nothing else reported that can cause this error.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the fresh install doesn't work (be sure to delete all of the leftover files in the game folder and documents), then either the game files you have are corrupt or game patch 1.1 (game fix, not translation) is corrupt. There's nothing else reported that can cause this error.

Actually, there is.

This sometimes happens when your timezone format and location don't match your locale language *cough* hoshimemo-eternal heart *cough*

Under control panel in language settings try selecting "Japan" as your location and under timezones pick "japanese" format

If this doesn't work, then try to redownload the game again (if you downloaded vía torrent or in parts, one of them might have been corrupted, retrying it would solve this issue)

Actually, there is.

This sometimes happens when your timezone format and location don't match your locale language *cough* hoshimemo-eternal heart *cough*

Under control panel in language settings try selecting "Japan" as your location and under timezones pick "japanese" format

If this doesn't work, then try to redownload the game again (if you downloaded vía torrent or in parts, one of them might have been corrupted, retrying it would solve this issue)

Which is pretty much what is outlined in Issue #7 (which he couldn't get to work). This is why killer said there are no other reported ways.

Which is pretty much what is outlined in Issue #7 (which he couldn't get to work). This is why killer said there are no other reported ways.

lecturing me on "error codes" is not going to help him either ¬¬

btw sorry, didn't know.

he/she should also try to update Directx and graphics card drivers, I've read some rumours about integrated intel chipsets not working with this game though. (sorry again if this has been suggested already)

Edited by Helvetica Standard
  • 1 month later...

I have done a quick search and cannot find if anyone else is even having this problem and from a quick search of this thread did not see it mentioned.

I reach the point in the game when I start speaking with Mare about swimsuits and meeting for the beach and have just dodged an attack by her when the following error message appears "etc/094 followed by Japanese characters" (please see following screen capture): Error094.jpg. The game screen is white at the time and the game then crashes. Is there a fix for this problem? What is causing it?

Just wanted to add I have the locale set properly and it is patched up to version 1.2.

Thank you all for your help.

Error094.jpg

Edited by Patches
I have done a quick search and cannot find if anyone else is even having this problem and from a quick search of this thread did not see it mentioned.

I reach the point in the game when I start speaking with Mare about swimsuits and meeting for the beach and have just dodged an attack by her when the following error message appears "etc/094 followed by Japanese characters" (please see following screen capture): [ATTACH=CONFIG]8815[/ATTACH]. The game screen is white at the time and the game then crashes. Is there a fix for this problem? What is causing it?

Just wanted to add I have the locale set properly and it is patched up to version 1.2.

Thank you all for your help.

You have the bugfix applied, right? I know you get the etc/038 error if you don't have the bugfix applied. Haven't seen the 094 error with hoshizora before. Try applying the bugfix again and running it.

You have the bugfix applied, right? I know you get the etc/038 error if you don't have the bugfix applied. Haven't seen the 094 error with hoshizora before. Try applying the bugfix again and running it.
That worked! thank you very much. I reapplied the bug fix and so far at least the problem has not reoccurred. Thank you again.

Hey, so I'm having major issues with the game involving the fonts. At first, it worked like a charm, things were going perfect. But now, the custom font is gone. Literally, where it was before in the menu is now replaced with a blank space, and I can play the game, no words or names are shown at all. I've tried re-patching the game, didn't work. I tried re-installing the font, didn't work. (As well, I couldn't seem to find it in my fonts even though I made sure over and over again that it had installed) No idea what's going on or how to fix it, I would really appreciate some help!

EDIT: Here are some screens I took from one of my saves and the options menu showing the blank space where the font originally was.

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

Also, if I was going to delete the custom font from my fonts folder, which one should I be looking for?

Edited by Karakkan

Well, then just use another font. I personally prefer this one : MOONP.TTF, its ingame name is S2GP+[some japanese letters]. Actually, I'm always using this font if possible lol.

Also, if I was going to delete the custom font from my fonts folder, which one should I be looking for?

It's called Staircase Subs Custom Gothic-Something Whatever. Also, try to re-install the font.

1. move to c:\windows\fonts

2. search for Staircase Subs Custom font

3. copy that font to your desktop

4. delete the font from c:\windows\fonts

5. install the font again (using the file from your desktop)

See, that's one of the other issues I have. I thought I would just go into fonts, delete it, and then re-install it, but according to my search bar, nothing has the term "Staircase", "sub", or "custom". Yet, when I try to install the font I get from a 1.2 patch RAR file, it asks if I want to re-install it since it already exists, and nothing changes whether I choose yes or no. Could there be another folder it's installing itself to?

Untitled.png - Pop up I get when trying to install the font.

Untitled1.png - Option menu now that I installed the font you linked. Note that the space between the rest and the one you got me to install, where the custom font should be.

Could there be another folder it's installing itself to?

I don't think so because all fonts are usually installed to c:\windows\fonts

Can you upload some screens from that font folder? The staircase font literally has to be there.

PS : I still have that font under c:\windows\fonts and here's my font file, try to install it : http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?cnoj6ng7ne57eio

Edited by OneManArmy

Thx but damn, that's really weird because windows gives you an error that the font's already installed and that folder is the only one for the fonts. Or is there a font file somewhere in your hoshimemo folder? Because I'm not really sure if I used the font patch or just installed the font manually. Anyway, I'm not sure if you already saw it but please try to install the font from the file I uploaded because I personally never had any problems with that font.

PS : I still have that font under c:\windows\fonts and here's my font file, try to install it : http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?cnoj6ng7ne57eio

Unfortunately it gave me the same error.

When I went into my registry and checked the fonts, oddly enough I could find it there, but not whenever I tried to look at it through the normal c/windows/fonts folder. So I'm going erase it from the registry, reboot, and do a clean install/patch of the game, hopefully this fixes it. Thanks for being as helpful as you've been with my problem, I greatly appreciate it.

So I'm going erase it from the registry, reboot, and do a clean install/patch of the game, hopefully this fixes it.

That's probably the best idea and don't forget to make a copy of your save file before deleting the game.

In the worst case you've to find another font which didn't give you too many broken lines.

Oh and please tell us if reinstalling solved your problem

Edited by OneManArmy

Alright, I report back with good news! After finding the saves and saving them on my external, I deleted everything else related to the game, including the custom font from the computer's font registry. Re-did everything, put the saves back where they belonged, and I had success! Hopefully this never happens again. Again, thanks for having put up with my issues and trying to help as best you could :).

• 1 month later...
I am new at doing this so... Would someone tell me what I have to do after I have downloaded each part...?

1.set locale to japanese

[spoiler=xp]

Click Start, Then Control Panel.

Click Date, Time Language and Regional Options.

Now Click on Regional and Language Options.

With me so far? Now on the region tab go to location and you will see a scroll option for languages, scroll up to Japan.

Next you need to click on the advance tab.

Okay now this is part is tricky but still simple to do, on the other half of this tab you will see "code page conversion table" Click in the Japanese option to install the language.

In order to install you will need your windows xp disc that came with your computer, just put that disc in and it will install the language pack you need. Click apply then restart

Wa la your computer is now ready to play Japanese visual novels and other games from Japan

[spoiler=windows vista/7]

The same for XP really, Click start then control panel.

Now click "Clock, Language and Region".

Click "Region and Language".

Okay now this is different from XP so pay attention, Click on the "Administrative Tab".

If you have followed me so far click on "Change system Locale" and click "Japan". After that just re-start your computer no disc needed for Vista or 7.

Now your vista and 7 PC are ready to play Japanese games/Visual Novels

2.open the first part with winrar or 7zip

3.extract everything into a folder

4.mount the image (usually .iso or .mds file) with daemon tools lite or virtual clone drive

5.install the game (in japanese)

6.install the english patch

7.play the game

Edited by OneManArmy

I feel foolish for posting this because I'm certain the answer is right in front of my nose but for the life of me I can't see it.

I have followed the instructions to the letter, multiple times, in this thread but the game is still censored (noob here so I'm assuming "dolphin censorship" is the pixelation stuff). I deleted the graph_vis folder in the install location (Program Files (x86) since I'm running a 64bit OS) and I checked the AppData location but there was nothing there to delete. Any ideas? ):

I'm continuing from a save so hopefully I don't have to start over from square one (currently on the third play through).

Edited by ImmortalNobody

the dolphin censorship is not the h-scene pixelation (that is in every eroge that is not localized) The dolphin censorship was the Mare h-scene cover up. Instead of her h-scenes, a screen of dolphins came up. If you followed the instructions, you won't see them.