• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol thanks, i'm downloading the torrents. i'm just watching this video on why linux suck (and what can be done to change it) and it's like 45 minutes long. i'm like pausing every 5 minutes to come to the forums and honestly my brain fart was so intences i forgot google existed *facepalm*. Why Linux Sucks | LFNW 2012 - YouTube so interesting (I'm kind of a computer geek, i think linux is better then windows but it obviously has some problems)

EDIT: you may have just noticed i'm like the kind of side tracking.

I started watching that video now too and it's actually quite interesting.

Well, to be honest, the first season of clannad wasn't that great. It had its moments but the rest was just slice of life and joking around parts. Anyway, I definitely agree with all those clannad fanboys when it comes to after story, awesome shit. As for the visual novel, again awesome shit but it was a pain in the ass to unlock the true ending. Clannad as your first visual novel isn't the best choice. Source, own experiences. =\

Well, to be honest, the first season of clannad wasn't that great. It had its moments but the rest was just slice of life and joking around parts. Anyway, I definitely agree with all those clannad fanboys when it comes to after story, awesome shit. As for the visual novel, again awesome shit but it was a pain in the ass to unlock the true ending. Clannad as your first visual novel isn't the best choice. Source, own experiences. =\

wait, what, their is a "true" ending? is the true ending the "anime" ending? aren't all the ending technically true ending based on the chooses and routes you take in game or does it like end with like a cliff hanger or something?

aren't all the ending technically true ending based on the chooses and routes you take in game or does it like end with like a cliff hanger or something?

For a vn, there's term like route endings, bad endings, alternative endings, and one true ending. (correct me if I'm wrong please...)

If a vn got a sequel, the story will be based on the true ending.

wait, what, their is a "true" ending? is the true ending the "anime" ending? aren't all the ending technically true ending based on the chooses and routes you take in game or does it like end with like a cliff hanger or something?

Nah, many visual novels have character routes, so the normal ones, and also a true route/ending that will be unlocked after finishing the other routes. Oh and don't worry, the anime shows the true ending of the game, so the epicness of clannad.

For a vn, there's term like route endings, bad endings, alternative endings, and one true ending. (correct me if I'm wrong please...)

There are character routes and true routes with good, true, bad or dead endings. Then again, each their own, it's not that there would be a rule for describing stuff.

Edited by OneManArmy

There is often a true ending in these types of games. It's just the ending that is like the main one or whatever. It's often longer than the other ones. Sometimes you have to play every route before you can unlock the true route. The other ones have real endings too, they're not cliffhangers or anything.

If a vn got a sequel, the story will be based on the true ending.

oh ok, got you.

i don't really see it that way thought. for example i'm playing school days (which as an anime had a sh*t ending and i couldn't sleep until i watch at least 3 episodes of something light hearted like lucky star or something) and i'm just playing for the sake of seeing how the game would end under different circumstances (like, not being a d*uche all the time. just sayin'). So i wouldn't go as far as to say that replaying the story is a pain in the butt, more like a challenge.

Nah, many visual novels have character routes, so the normal ones, and also a true route/ending that will be unlocked after finishing the other routes. Oh and don't worry, the anime shows the true ending of the game, so the epicness of clannad.

woah wait unlock? like you finish game and you replay the same save file? i thought they only changed by the choices you made in game and all ending were accessible from the get go. -____- i feel your pain now, i'm not like a hardcore "VN" player (in fact i just started) so i thought it was a lot simpler, but damn.

Each person has their own reason for playing a visual novel and each person's doing this in a totally different way. Some people are only playing the routes of heroines they are interested in and some people won't stop the game before they saw the last CG. Either way, the most important thing is that you enjoy visual novels.

woah wait unlock? like you finish game and you replay the same save file? i thought they only changed by the choices you made in game and all ending were accessible from the get go. -____- i feel your pain now, i'm not like a hardcore "VN" player (in fact i just started) so i thought it was a lot simpler, but damn.

In most games you can play any route right away, in a few of them you need to complete some to unlock the rest - like the others said before. I wouldn't call it a pain, I personally 100 % finish a VN if I pick it up, so it makes little difference to me. For an example in Clannad (rename the thread to the "Clannad romance" plz) - you finish the routes you have available and then you play the After Story of 1 route. That route has a true ending and believe me it's not a pain to go through all that :>

In most games you can play any route right away, in a few of them you need to complete some to unlock the rest - like the others said before. I wouldn't call it a pain, I personally 100 % finish a VN if I pick it up, so it makes little difference to me. For an example in Clannad (rename the thread to the "Clannad romance" plz) - you finish the routes you have available and then you play the After Story of 1 route. That route has a true ending and believe me it's not a pain to go through all that :>

I wouldn't go as far as saying it was a pain, but the after story in clannad was largely covered in the anime so it didn't feel as good as playing the other routes that weren't in the anime. The reason I played the vn (by the way it was my first vn) was before everything to have the ending with kyou and kotomi that I liked more than Nagisa in the anime. But of course that doesn't change the fact that after story was superior, but since I already knew the story from the anime the vn's after story was not so enjoyable...

And Kappei route was a very good surprise too in the vn, since it wasn't mentionned at all in the anime...

Edited by Sokyra

Here are some of my anime recommendations

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Even no Jikan (Time of Eve)

Kara no Kyoukai (7 part + epilogue movie series)

Gunslinger Girl

Juuni Kokuki (Twelve Kingdoms)

The Place Promised in Our Early Days (Beyond the Clouds)

Last Exile

Macross series

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

Mawaru Penguindrum

NHK ni Youkoso!

Romeo x Juliet

Scrapped Princess

Texhnolyze

Gunbuster + Top o Nerae!

Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei

I know some of these aren't romance but a lot of them are great and emotional animes.

Hopefully, some of these will be to your liking so check them out

I also cried buckets when I watched Kimi ga Nozomu Eien.

Other animes/manga/eroges that made me cry a lot were Muv-Luv Alternative (eroge), Saishuu Heiki Kanojo or SaiKano (manga) and Steins;Gate (visual novel)

• 2 weeks later...
There are 2 seasons. The second is called Clannad ~After Story~

Here are some torrents:

clannad

after story

If you want streaming:

clannad

after story

OMG, DUDE, i NEVER cry. NEVER. Like i left a country at 15, lost all my friends (and girlfriend) and some family as well, nothing. I saw this anime, i teared up man. It was amazing, if the original poster hasn't seen it, i give my full recommendation. Also all those bonus episodes were a nice breather, it took my mind out off all the sad parts, so if you want a nice cry, but don't want to look depressed the next day, this is perfect.

OMG, DUDE, i NEVER cry. NEVER. Like i left a country at 15, lost all my friends (and girlfriend) and some family as well, nothing. I saw this anime, i teared up man. It was amazing, if the original poster hasn't seen it, i give my full recommendation. Also all those bonus episodes were a nice breather, it took my mind out off all the sad parts, so if you want a nice cry, but don't want to look depressed the next day, this is perfect.

And thus another clannad fanboy was born.

And thus another clannad fanboy was born.

tell me, don't you like clannad? the only problem i can say about clannad, well it's not really a problem but let me check if spoiler thing works

check?

Edit: ok it works, here it is

I didn't understand which was the real ending. the one where both nagisa and their daughter were alive or the one where they both died? are they alternate endings?

off topic context: i liked Kyou arc, i don't know, i always liked her better.

Edited (again):

Ushio, totally forgot the name

Edited by wiitoy200
tell me, don't you like clannad?

Eh? Clannad was the anime which made me play my first visual novel*, so how could I dislike it? And the real ending was obviously the first one. Japanese people like happy endings after all...which isn't always a good thing.

*Don't ask about my first vn, just don't.

@wiitoy200

Well, the true ending is when everything is alright.. Nagisa and Ushio are well and alive. That was the point of gathering all those orbs. So yeah, that event where Nagisa and Ushio died really happened.... but with those those orbs, Tomoya was able to go back and it ended up resulting in a healthy Nagisa and Ushio. If you recall in episode 23 or 24? the one where they recalled the entire story of Clannad in a single episode.. Tomoya is talking to Ushio and when Ushio falls asleep, Tomoya recalls the events that happened when Nagis and Ushio died... this is a pretty condensed version but it should give you an idea.

Why the hell are you using '>'

And I've got a couple of recommendations ,

Kannon, AIR, To love-ru, Toradora, Rosario Vampire.

I've been told Kannon 2007 is better then the 2002 release. is it true, should i watch both (to get the full story) or do they have no continuation what so ever? because people tell me to SKIP the 2002 version completely.

I've been told Kannon 2007 is better then the 2002 release. is it true, should i watch both (to get the full story) or do they have no continuation what so ever? because people tell me to SKIP the 2002 version completely.

Yeah, just go with the kyoani version (06 or 07) It's the same with Clannad.. they had a Clannad movie out but it wasn't a good adaptation... just stick with the kyoani versions.

@wiitoy200

Well, the true ending is when everything is alright.. Nagisa and Ushio are well and alive. That was the point of gathering all those orbs. So yeah, that event where Nagisa and Ushio died really happened.... but with those those orbs, Tomoya was able to go back and it ended up resulting in a healthy Nagisa and Ushio. If you recall in episode 23 or 24? the one where they recalled the entire story of Clannad in a single episode.. Tomoya is talking to Ushio and when Ushio falls asleep, Tomoya recalls the events that happened when Nagis and Ushio died... this is a pretty condensed version but it should give you an idea.

episode 24, the only one i skipped because i didn't want to hear the whole story again, seems i missed a pretty good chunk huh

oh and OneManArmy ... guessing you didn't enjoy you first VN too much did you.

episode 24, the only one i skipped because i didn't want to hear the whole story again, seems i missed a pretty good chunk huh

oh and OneManArmy ... guessing you didn't enjoy you first VN too much did you.

you didn't miss much. It was just Tomoya explaining a very condensed plot of Clannad and the after story to Ushio. And the ending is pretty nice because you have Nagisa calling Tomoya and Ushio so you know that they have a family and that they're all together now and what not

I've always believed that you should find out for yourself if somethings not too be watched, can't always rely on "the word". I watched both and enjoyed the anime a lot. Lots of feels to be had.