Diablo 3 BETA!!!!

OneManArmy, go to youtube and find a guy called ForceStrategyGaming.Hes making awesome D3 gameplays with commentaries, you can check everything you want with game there, though there is no much sense in doing that now when beta is out.

It's really hard to judge game from the beta since it's really short. Only thing you can really figure out from the beta is the class mechanics, UI and the other basic stuff. For me it really looked like D2 with updated graphics. Sure, it's a fun game but it seems to be really lacking in the innovation department. There are new features and other stuff, but imo they stick to the D2 formula way too much. Then again, you can argue that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Personally I do think that the game will be the "best game ever" for 1-2 weeks, then it will go stale. Anyways, that's my short opinion on it.

Edited by killerinsidee
That's exactly what I thought after watching some videos...

Not a bad thing though but well, without new things it's just a "D2 with updated graphics".

I'm usually skeptical when a game to overhyped to hell(no pun intended) and I won't "follow the herd" on this one either. Blizzard changed in the last few years, I know since I've been playing their games for a long time. They got really greedy at WoW, SC2 and Diablo is not any different. They are actually forced to push this game out ASAP, because if they wait more the graphics will be even more outdated then it currently is. Also they won't ship PvP on release, since they need to get the game out fast. There are some other issues, like real money auction house which I won't get into right now.

All in all, people's expectations for games have changed over the years. You can't expect people to be happy with a "Diablo 2 Remake" in 2012. So we will see if the game will meet people's expectations.

i was talking about the full one lol :p since i was gonna just play that one in a month but fk it, im dling the beta right now

-apparently, its capped @ lv13 O_O

Edited by Nobu

Still better than EU servers, they dont work lol. So everyone from EU is going over to US(i did :D)

As for the feelings of the game... Honestly game is way too overhyped BUT it doesnt change the fact that it is awesome and worth my money so i will end up buying it either way. Right now i only played Demon Hunter gonna check Monk and Wizard later.

Edited by Daeverius

Cleared SK once with dh got yellow one handed hand bow, now im trying to log in to test monk and wizard but it looks like too many players is in right now. Oh well i will wait, honestly game is good and all but if i had to choose between D3 and GW2 i would most probably choose GW2(not sure, BWE is next weekend so i will check it then. Not to mention i have enough cash for both games ;p)

Yeah, it was called Median XL i also preffered to play with it, so much more fun especially with new abillites(didnt like any original character besides assasin in D2 without this mod).

On the other hand i only dont like Witch Doctor in D3.

EDIT

K, i got some new input. I played monk for 8 lvls(got kicked before fighting SK :p), i had not as much fun as i expected with DH but Monk was pure awesomness i finally got my belief in this game (it was good but it wasnt THAT good ) . Who knows maybe other classes will be more fun to me too and maybe DH is more fun later on( playthrough with her was kinda lacking in action, thats what was her greatest minus).

Thats about it from me, Diablo 3 just got much more awesome then when i played DH.

Edited by Daeverius
  • 3 weeks later...

I shouldn't really bump this thread, but anyway. I saw a video preview of an isometric rpg that I found interesting -

I'm maybe a bit crazy, but that game kinda looks like Diablo 3 with slightly worse graphics(not much). If they updated the effects a bit and some other stuff, that game would pretty much be Diablo(without the nice storyline of course). Also If someone photoshopped in Diablo 3 UI (which looks a bit better), you could fool someone that it actually is Diablo 3. Not to mention that this game will be Free2Play...

This is just my opinion on that, but I do think that Blizzard didn't do an awesome job on it. - I'm gonna get flamed so bad :>

Edited by killerinsidee

Watched the gameplay for 8 minutes, this game really looks like D2 with better graphics(not D3 like killler said). I liked the skill web, well with D3 coming out in less than 6 days i doubt many players will go for it. Unless someone cant afford D3(blizzard and their prices ehh...) they can probably go for this game. Looks nice and after all its F2P.