Programs You May Not Know About

Do you guy's have any programs or tips that can help while playing VN's post them here

AppLocale: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=13209 :This program works like change your system locale dose.But some times I still have a game crash on me example: Kingdom.This game had lots of errors while I played it.Then I ran it through applocale and it never crashed again.

Applocale How to:

Cheat Engine :I use this program when I play VN RPG's for cheats like money and level.

Cheat Engine How To: How to use Cheat Engine 6.1! - YouTube

Cheat Engine Pre Made Tables: Cheat Engine :These are pretty much cheats already made and all you have to do is load them

Xpadder: Xpadder.com :This program allows you to turn any controller with a usb port like Xbox and PlayStation into a computer controller.I use this instead of my mouse when I play VN's.If a VN's doesn't let you click on it while using xpadder close xpadder then re-open it in Admin. mode

Xpadder How To:

Edited by Breakthrough

I have Windows Vista and all these programs work on my system.I can't speak for other systems.

I only use AppLocale when a game is crashing to much.I don't know how it helps but it does.I think the program makes the game more stable some how.(dunno know)

Edited by Breakthrough
I have Windows Vista and all these programs work on my system.I can't speak for other system.

I only use AppLocale when a game is crashing to much.I don't know how it helps but it does.I think the program makes the game more stable some how.(dunno know)

It doesn't make it "more stable". AppLocale just makes it so that you can run non-unicode applications without having to changing your Windows locale. Most Japanese games won't run if you have your Windows is set to a unicode locale, that's why they are crashing. Also, AppLocale works on some games, on others you still need to change the locale for it to properly run.

Edited by killerinsidee
It doesn't make it "more stable". AppLocale just makes it so that you can run non-unicode applications without having to changing your Windows locale. Most Japanese games won't run if you have your Windows is set to a unicode locale, that's why they are crashing. Also, AppLocale works on some games, on others you still need to change the locale for it to properly run.

Yea I know that it's the equivalent to setting your system locale.But I all ways have my system set to Japanese and when I played Kingdom it crashed but after i ran it through AppLocale It stopped.

(Or are you talking about something different because my knowledge about computer goes only so far)

AppLocale enables Windows to read non-unicode (i.e. hiragana) filepaths for the target program. Simply put, it prevents 平仮名 from being read as "???".

Xpadder is the only way to play many Japanese games with an Xbox 360 controller. They really hate that gaijin d-pad.

Edited by Melancholic
Ninja'd, kind of.
Well Cool Beans.

I was just to post some kind of useful stuff.

If you guy have anything post it.

Nah don't misunderstand me. I do think that your thread is very useful, especially for unexperienced visual novel players, I was just talking about my own way of doing things.

Nah don't misunderstand me. I do think that your thread is very useful, especially for unexperienced visual novel players, I was just talking about my own way of doing things.

I agree. To anyone that wants to play a lot of VNs and wants to avoid any crashing/headaches due to language problems, keeping Windows in Jap locale is recommended. For those that plan to play like 2 VNs per year, AppLocale is a decent substitute.

Edited by killerinsidee

Yea I know what you were going for I just saying If you guys know of any just post it here to help.

My grammar is some times terrible.

• 3 months later...
never heard of xpadders.

how many of you use it?

i usually prefer pressing down (arrow)

xpadder are great program if you wanna enjoy playing pc games with controller and don't want to destroy your pc keyboard

it works well especially on fighting/actions game but horrible on fps games, you better use keyboard+mouse for that kind of game

download link Xpadder 5.7 (download torrent) - TPB

you can browse youtube on how to use xpadder...

never heard of xpadders.

how many of you use it?

i usually prefer pressing down (arrow)

I have been using Xpadder for ever, and its simple to use.I can up load my copy to media fire if you guys want to try it out.The how to use Xpadder is in my original post.

I also have a driver to get a PS3 controller to work on windows vista .(Just got it working)

Edited by Breakthrough