Visual Novels Translation Status [Weekly Updated][05/20/2012]

After TLwiki was C&D'd by CUFFS, they chickened out and Visual Novel Aer took over the project but I pressume they probably were C&D'd by CUFFS again so you can pretty much consider Yasuga No sora a dead project until by some miracle they post an update.

They did post an update about a week ago saying the Akira route was about 9.5% translated. Guess i'll believe it when I see it.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After TLwiki was C&D'd by CUFFS, they chickened out and Visual Novel Aer took over the project but I pressume they probably were C&D'd by CUFFS again so you can pretty much consider Yasuga No sora a dead project until by some miracle they post an update.

Dammit, at least give me sora's route, I'm not interested in the rest anyway.

Dammit, at least give me sora's route, I'm not interested in the rest anyway.

That's exactly the reason they're leaving it for last. They know as good as everyone that once partial patch with Sora's route gets released noone will give a dammn about rest and project will lose all attention.

Acchi Muite Koi - Crossdressing - YESSSSSSSS

Lolz. Check out Shield 9 if you're into that. Seems like a pretty good comedy so far, although only 2 of the routes have been translated so far I think.

Too bad Ixrec has explicitly stated he won't be considering translating Rui wa Tomo wo Yobu anymore too. So for now, only cross-dressing game I know of is Shield 9, and Acchi Muite Koi...if the translator sticks with it, and the patch gets leaked.

Too bad Ixrec has explicitly stated he won't be considering translating Rui wa Tomo wo Yobu anymore too. So for now, only cross-dressing game I know of is Shield 9, and Acchi Muite Koi...if the translator sticks with it, and the patch gets leaked.

Just for you to know, Ixrec only translated games with a 7.5-8 rating in VNDB, so don't expect nukiges from him because it's not his thing.

Just for you to know, Ixrec only translated games with a 7.5-8 rating in VNDB, so don't expect nukiges from him because it's not his thing.

It's not a nukige and Ixrec did like it (8/10). It's just not good enough for him to bother translating.

Speaking of which, I wonder what he's going to translate after Rewrite. I hope it's a WAB.

It's not a nukige and Ixrec did like it (8/10). It's just not good enough for him to bother translating.

Speaking of which, I wonder what he's going to translate after Rewrite. I hope it's a WAB.

Even a 8/10 isn't totally out of the question for translation. For instance, he gave A Profile a 8/10 and MOON a 8/10 and translated those. Parfait is the next translation project, although that's more of a side project for Ixrec kind of like Baldr sky is right now. Anything else is too early to speculate.

Even a 8/10 isn't totally out of the question for translation. For instance, he gave A Profile a 8/10 and MOON a 8/10 and translated those. Parfait is the next translation project, although that's more of a side project for Ixrec kind of like Baldr sky is right now. Anything else is too early to speculate.

Mahoutsukai no Yoru will also be a side project for Amaterasu in the near future.

Mahoutsukai no Yoru will also be a side project for Amaterasu in the near future.

I forgot they were going to help out with that. Good catch. Should be a relatively quick one if they are involved in it.

It has a different translator though so it depends on how fast he works. Same thing goes for Baldr Sky.

Shouldn't worry too much about Baldr Sky. Futsuu works pretty fast. Not Ixrec fast, but then again who the hell can work as fast as him?

Man, no offense but, why do they always pick the crappy and unpopular games to translate?

Arudoc is pretty much the only one that translates good shit (Kamidori was in Top 5 selling games of 2011 and it had decent H-scenes).

Mangagamer will have to stop their shit sooner or later, they rarely translate nukiges, and when they do pick up one, it turns out to be shitty.

Only thing worth checking here is Grisaia no Kajitsu and probably Dracu-riot, at least i'm certain Grisaia was popular in japan and its sequel was among the top 5 of 2011 along with Kamidori.

Oh and Baldr also, Not top sales, but still decent nonetheless.

Anyone knows if The amagami being translated is the PSP one?

Man, no offense but, why do they always pick the crappy and unpopular games to translate?

Arudoc is pretty much the only one that translates good shit (Kamidori was in Top 5 selling games of 2011 and it had decent H-scenes).

Mangagamer will have to stop their shit sooner or later, they rarely translate nukiges, and when they do pick up one, it turns out to be shitty.

Only thing worth checking here is Grisaia no Kajitsu and probably Dracu-riot, at least i'm certain Grisaia was popular in japan and its sequel was among the top 5 of 2011 along with Kamidori.

i believe most people here vouch for great story lines compared to H scene...

further more...

amagami..i believe is the PC version...

it'll be sad if i need to read Tsukasa,Sae and Haruka route on my PSP

Lol sorry but since when do the VN's that people translate HAVE to be a nukige?

Plus everyone has different taste, some people may like more Rape in their game, Others may like mostly H Scene, I for one will play a VN that either looks good, has a good story line or something that a lot of other people will suggest playing.

Plus everyone has different taste, some people may like more Rape in their game, Others may like mostly H Scene, I for one will play a VN that either looks good, has a good story line or something that a lot of other people will suggest playing.

haha...

great minds thinks the same....

While nukige is very popular in Japan and keeps localization companies afloat (though that's more because they are cheap rather than because they sell well) many of us here don't care too much about them. Not to mention that translating sex scenes one after another can get dull and boring.

Well, I heard Eroge was a legitimately good nukige. I'm a bit interested in its hilarious and absurd premise.

Edited by encrypted12345

Lol sorry but when did i say they must translate only Nukiges?

exactly, everyone has different tastes. but the fact that what you wrote is merely YOUR opinion is still there.

i believe most people here vouch for great story lines compared to H scene...

further more...

amagami..i believe is the PC version...

it'll be sad if i need to read Tsukasa,Sae and Haruka route on my PSP

I'd apperciate if you speak for yourself, a great story line is a must, But just because an eroge has a good story doesn't mean the H-scenes should be thrown away or made crappy, after all, it's called "Ero-ge" Ero-gemu for a reason.

And there is no Amagami for the PC...proves you know nothing.

While nukige is very popular in Japan and keeps localization companies afloat (though that's more because they are cheap rather than because they sell well) many of us here don't care too much about them. Not to mention that translating sex scenes one after another can get dull and boring.

Well, I heard Eroge was a legitimately good nukige. I'm a bit interested in its hilarious and absurd premise.

Yup, Nukiges are very popular in japan and they do sell well, the fact they're also slightly cheapter than regular eroge's also plays a big part in the sales. Not to mention most H-animes are adapted from Nukiges.

again, Speak for yourself, Not everyone here plays eroge's for the story and vice versa, though i do understand that there's a big culture difference between the west and japan, which is why japan is far ahead and is successful in the anime industry while us foreigners will probably never even attempt to create an eroge.

Eroge! isn't really that great, the only thing going for it is the comedy and the "Eroge company" concept, the H-scenes were totally crap, nothing vanilla or worth fapping to there.

haha...

great minds thinks the same....

I really doubt the "great minds" part ;/

It's the Ps2 Version of Amagami that is being translated. Also, I disagree with Grisaia and Dracu-Riot being the only ones to check out. To each his own but lots of good shit is coming out this fall and winter. Amaterasu usually picks up pretty good VNs to translate. Rewrite should be a nice one to check out. Little Busters EX is also being translated. If Dracu-Riot seems pretty interesting, Fortune Arterial is sort of along the same lines. Majikoi and Aiyoku no Eustia, which probably will not be done for a while, are going to be good ones to check out as well. Plenty of others to at least give a chance.

It's the Ps2 Version of Amagami that is being translated. Also, I disagree with Grisaia and Dracu-Riot being the only ones to check out. To each his own but lots of good shit is coming out this fall and winter. Amaterasu usually picks up pretty good VNs to translate. Rewrite should be a nice one to check out. Little Busters EX is also being translated. If Dracu-Riot seems pretty interesting, Fortune Arterial is sort of along the same lines. Majikoi and Aiyoku no Eustia, which probably will not be done for a while, are going to be good ones to check out as well. Plenty of others to at least give a chance.

CRAP!! Why did they go for the Ps2? Damn it.

Uhh yeah i know, but Those two are one of the very few ones on here that are popular in japan.

Definitely checking rewrite.

Fortune arterial is not really that good, but like you said, to each his own.

And yes, Amaterasu translations do pick good VN's, thanks to them i got to play Muv luv.

Lol apparently Majikoi is worth checking, it was the top selling eroge of 2009, and it's pretty long and entertaining with good H-scenes and story. played partial patch, gonna wait for full.