A Way To Spice Up Your Source Games.

So I've seen many people on here have Steam and play stuff Like CS:S, L4D2, GMoD etc etc, but if you're like me, you get bored of the default valve weapon skins, animations and such, so I customize like 99% of the source games I play and you can to :D

Plus I figured that if we all played the same games then we should play together and take our friendships to the next level ;) ( Was clearly a joke so don't take it to seriously ), Was playing L4D2 with Cael earlier for a bit and it was the first time I played it in a while, I know others have games like this so Cael pretty much figured that it would be a lot funner to play with a whole lobby fully of erogegames members ( I know there's already a thread that has peoples different steam names and such but I cba posting in there, any who if you wanna play L4D2 or CS:S or HL or whatever game it is, then add me on steam, Steam Community Profile : Đubs ♪

Anywho on to the posts meaning, I was going on about not being able to play unless it was customized or something along the same lines, I also remember having a Hatsune Miku mod for L4D2 as well as a Kagamine Rin mod as well, at the time I couldn't remember the link for the mod so I made a quick video which even has a panty shot in it ( The skinner actually included striped panties >_> ) but you'll have to forgive me for the bits where Cael's chat pops up, Later I was checking through Google Chromes bookmarks and Firefox's bookmarks as well and found the link, the website which you get them from also pretty much has modifications for every game out there which normal people like us create, All on one website.

If you've never edited Steam folders before then there are plenty of Readme files and Tuts to show you how to do it, It's as simple as Copy and pasting or click and dragging folders over into the steam directory :D.

Meh mah crappy vid ( Forgive me for Cael's crappy chat popping up )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjtn9836DtQ

Main Page of Mod Site:

GameBanana - The Home of PC Game Customization

Left 4 Dead 2

Hatsune Miku Mod: Hatsune Miku Nick Replacement

Kagamine Rin Mod: Kagamine Rin Rochelle Replacement

Miku's Leek and Rin's Meltdown Guitar Weapon Replacement: Bat And Guitar Replacement

Lucky Star Mod: All Player Model Replacement

Other Anime Skins For Valve Games: ( This guy skins a lot of different anime player models )

GameBanana - Bernkastel Skin Submissions

Hatsune Miku Mod Pic:

http://archer.gamebanana.com/img/ss/skins/4f02432ec1e45.jpg

Kagamine Rin Mod Pic:

http://archer.gamebanana.com/img/ss/srends/4f023e095cfa8.jpg

Leek Mod Pic:

http://archer.gamebanana.com/img/ss/skins/4f1d902035836.jpg

Guitar Mod Pic:

http://archer.gamebanana.com/img/ss/skins/4f1d901e099dd.jpg

Lucky Star Mod Pic ( Bad Image Quality I've not actually tried this Mod myself ):

http://archer.gamebanana.com/img/ss/srends/4e9326dce8460.jpg

The guy who made these has also made Lucy from Elfen Lied,

http://archer.gamebanana.com/img/ss/srends/4e94496de6373.jpg

Black Rock Shooter ( In her badass form ) from Black Rock Shooter,

http://archer.gamebanana.com/img/ss/skins/101399a.jpg

Sekai, Ito and Kotonoha from School Days as well as a load of others from other VN/ Animes,

He's also made a Humanoid GLaDoS form which is pretty damn moe,

http://archer.gamebanana.com/img/ss/skins/4e936538b616c.jpg

Meh the video is still processing so it may take a while but the rest if there, enjoy :D

Edited by Dubs
Lol why don't you like Steam?

They do have a crappy downloading system...at least for me they do. One minute it would be about an 800 kb/s transfer rate then it will go down to a 30-60 and stay there for about an hour then go back up and back down. It never does it for direct download sites and torrents. Took me about a day to download Shogun 2.

They do have a crappy downloading system...at least for me they do. One minute it would be about an 800 kb/s transfer rate then it will go down to a 30-60 and stay there for about an hour then go back up and back down. It never does it for direct download sites and torrents. Took me about a day to download Shogun 2.

Crappy downloading system? Lol

Make sure your primary download server is located from your region to boost speeds. I ONLY download at 3 mb/s, 3.5mb/s on steam, i never get lower speeds. Depends on where you live and how good your internet is ofcourse.

I'm out~

I'll never support steam, NEVER!

That's cause you don't like buying your games probably? Otherwise i can't really see a reason to be anti-steam (as a pc gamer) in this day and age.

And dubs i want that lucy skin mod.

Edited by Caelistas
Crappy downloading system? Lol

Make sure your primary download server is located from your region to boost speeds. I ONLY download at 3 mb/s, 3.5mb/s on steam, i never get lower speeds. Depends on where you live and how good your internet is ofcourse.

Well, I just think steam doesn't like me, so I don't use it much. I usually buy physical copies of games most of the time if possible. My usual download speed is about 1.5-2 mb/s when I'm on base, and I've tried the different servers and it never gets above 800 kb/s transfer rate on any of them. Not saying that Steam itself is bad, just that it doesn't seem to like me.

Lol why don't you like Steam?

Because it's a waste of time, it's not needed, it spies on you when you're playing and hides it by using total hours played etc so you think it's ok to give permission, it's buggy, you don't have a choice in using it if you want to play the game, you need an internet connection else you can't play the game, it takes away the ability to modify an exe so you can't use things such as the oblivon loader, it doesn't do what its supposedly intended to do and that is stop piracy, it stops people buying the game so developers don't make second and third editions. I fuckin hate steam.

Because it's a waste of time, it's not needed, it spies on you when you're playing and hides it by using total hours played etc so you think it's ok to give permission, it's buggy, you don't have a choice in using it if you want to play the game, you need an internet connection else you can't play the game, it takes away the ability to modify an exe so you can't use things such as the oblivon loader, it doesn't do what its supposedly intended to do and that is stop piracy, it stops people buying the game so developers don't make second and third editions. I fuckin hate steam.

Besides downloading game you dont need to have internet to play game on steam, yes you can use mods and modifications to exe,steam might have been made to stop piracy at start but now its function is more to having a digital copy of the game so you dont have to worry about cds, dunno about it making people stop buying game, actually it made me BUY some games i wouldnt buy otherwise. Im not some kind of fan for steam and i know its buggy and all that ,im not trying to protect it because i think its awesome, but i really have no idea why you dont like steam, for me its just one of things in the internet that might be usefull or might be not. The only bad thing i can say is that prices are too big for me so i mainly buy things when they are on sale.

One of the best things about Steam would have to be the Holiday Sales, It's also made me buy some guys that I might not of even thought twice about playing as well, It's the same as if you were to buy the game from a normal store, just with the convenience of being able to download the game onto any PC that you have access to Steam on so you can download it without the inconvenience of having to carry round the disk, If a disc gets scratched or corrupted then you have to go buy a whole new one, But if one of the games you've bought from Steam gets corrupted, all you have to do is uninstall is and redownload it, It makes life a lot easier, as for the Piracy thing, The only Online Game Marketplace which I've known to go through your stuff would be The Client that you have to have to play BF3 on PC, in the T & C you actually agree to allowing them to send parts of your personal information from your PC to third party companies.

yes you can use mods and modifications to exe

Didn't work for me. Had huge problems with oblivion, medieval 2 and half life 2. It's also a pain in the ass that you HAVE to update your games, otherwise you're not allowed to play them. Not sure what's the situation these days but I stopped playing computer games besides visual novels since 2 years anyway. So yeah, I don't care about steam, just answered a question.

dunno about it making people stop buying game, actually it made me BUY some games i wouldnt buy otherwise

That's what I said, you bought games via steam and not via the normal CD/DVD case way. So why should producer make special editions if they can sell it via steam? That's the living hell for people from the old CD cases generation like me. *cry*

but i really have no idea why you dont like steam

Well...actually...didn't I explain this in my previous comment?

The only Online Game Marketplace which I've known to go through your stuff would be The Client that you have to have to play BF3 on PC, in the T & C you actually agree to allowing them to send parts of your personal information from your PC to third party companies.

You're way too naive. It's sad but nearly every online program is these days a damn spy, especially google stuff.

Edited by OneManArmy

You're way too naive. It's sad but nearly every online program is these days a damn spy, especially google stuff.

You're judging "Nearly Every Online Program" as a spy.. And you're calling me naive? Lol, And where exactly are you getting this information from? Or are you saying you've nitpicked through "nearly every" online program that there is to find this spy stuff?

You're judging "Nearly Every Online Program" as a spy.. And you're calling me naive?

Yes.

Lol, And where exactly are you getting this information from?

From my own experiences. You just have to check your outgoing/ingoing connections. Be ready for some great surprises. Oh and btw, let's stop our discussion. I don't want to start something useless. I dislike steam and you like it, everything's alright.

Edited by OneManArmy

From my own experiences. You just have to check your outgoing/ingoing connections. Be ready for some great surprises. Oh and btw, let's stop our discussion. I don't want to start something useless. I dislike steam and you like it, everything's alright.

I agree with you on that spy thing,and i would like to end this discussion aswell but theres one more thing i have to say, everytime people buy game on steam some % of that goes to producers,etc so why should that be a reason for them to not create more games ? Also about all that cd thing, i do always preffer to have a hard copy of the game just for the feeling :D but if i would have to choose between having hard copy and no digital and digital and no hard copy i would take digital one , why ? It was said before why i preffer digital so lets leave it at this, also i bought D3 hard copy just for the box and awesome feeling it brings so i understand what you mean.

• 8 months later...