Ok, on my travels I've come across no less than 13 ~dere types, and have decided to spread my wisdom to the mortal world, and if you have any more ~dere types just tell me + definitions. Better definitions than mine are welcomed.

Tsundere

Tsundere is a word combining two words, "Tsun Tsun" and "Dere Dere". Both terms describe attitudes of a person. "Tsun Tsun" is used for cold/blunt/curt attitude, while "Dere Dere" is used when a person becomes lovey-dovey in front of his/her love interest.

Mayadere

A mayadere usually starts as an antagonist trying to kill the someone but switches sides after falling in love. This character is unpredictable and dangereous for everyone including the romantic interest.

Deredere

Dere Dere (デレデレ) meaning to become 'lovey dovey' in front of his/her love interest.

Yandere

A Japanese term for a person who is initially very loving and gentle to someone before their devotion becomes destructive in nature, often through violence. The term is derived from the words yanderu (病んでる?) meaning a mental or emotional illness, and deredere (でれでれ?) meaning to show affection. Yandere characters are mentally unstable, and sometimes are incredibly deranged and are not mentally sane, often using extreme violence as an outlet for their emotions.

Dorodere

A new term for a character who’s dorodoro on the inside (messed up and disturbed), but deredere on the outside (sweet and affectionate).

Darudere

This is the term that has spring up to addresss Kyon(ko) or similar character traits. Unlike tsundere or Yangere/Yangire, Kyon isn't much of a proactive individual even when it comes to love interests, thus warranting this term. It would associate with those with a weary attitude, and like Kyon, goes on bouts of ranting, instead of the usual tsun behaviors (which are much more common)

Kuudere

A character, often cold and harsh on the outside; but swirling with feelings inside. The character is kind of impartial or a little hard to deal with, but isn't exactly rude or harsh like a tsundere. From "kuu-" (cool).

Dandere

A dandere is a character archtype that entails someone being quiet which is usually associated with shyness. "Dan" comes from the word "danmari" which means silent and taciturn. "Dere" means to become "lovey dovey"

Goudere

An unstoppable force that does whatever she pleases for her master, out of her love for her master. The gou in goudere is probably from "gougou", which is more or less "boisterousness"

Onidere

Extremely powerful, moreso than most humans. Also extremely attractive but few go near her due to her destructive powers, literally a demon. She may have a love interest but has to hide it to keep up impressions of her being the strongest. From Oni (demon) and dere dere.

Oniidere

(Definitions welcomed) I found this one on my travels but whoever supplied it failed to include a definition. Still, this is a real -dere type, so if you find/write a definition I'd be grateful!

Kamidere

It's in the name. Acting as if she or he is god, but with a ~dere side hidden away.

Himedere

Same as with kamidere, but acting as princess.

Edited by Avenger

Goudere

An unstoppable force that does whatever she pleases for her master, out of her love for her master. The gou in goudere is probably from "gougou", which is more or less "boisterousness"

i not sure whether i'm right but based on your explanation..the word Gou seems to come from Gou shujin-sama~

onidere: able to destroy a wall without thinking, when she is angry enough she becomes strong enough to even hurt beelzebub or sorry enough she can cause a 3 magnitude earthquake, practically immune to harm and can compress snow into a ball harder than steel, nevertheless she is considered very attractive. She harbors feelings for a guy, but has to hide it to keep her impression on other ppl that she is the strongest and biggest man hater

Grannydere - don't ask for an explanation.

Oh and you're mabye interested in this : What type of “Dere” are you? « Culture of Heart Anime Blog

You are the type of person who barely talks. You respond with the word "yes" all the time, and you usually talk to the person you like. You are quiet at times, but shows a nice side to the person you like.

It seems that I'm a Coodere/Kudere. Well not too bad.

Edited by OneManArmy

Kuudere

A character, often cold and harsh on the outside; but swirling with feelings inside. The character is kind of impartial or a little hard to deal with, but itsn't exactly rude or harsh like a tsundere. From "kuu-" (cool).

kuudere

I can't remember the exact meaning but it's something like... the girl hates the protag then eventually falls for him...

you blind brah?

• 2 months later...