Visual Novels Translation Status [06/17/2012]

Dan..you checked the updates from TLwiki??

finally..Asahi^^

I was giving QC on TLWiki, so Nekoyasha, the translator/hacker/everything else asked me to QC the final patch before he released it (which I am doing right now).

I was giving QC on TLWiki, so Nekoyasha, the translator/hacker/everything else asked me to QC the final patch before he released it (which I am doing right now).

oh..i just saw that/...

btw Dan..is Nekoyasha going to include a all-age option or he remove the H scene??

oh..i just saw that/...

btw Dan..is Nekoyasha going to include a all-age option or he remove the H scene??

After I release the last patch (or concurrent with it, if things turn out well), I'll also be releasing a new patch or an option to the existing patch to remove ero scenes. I'd like everyone to be able to enjoy Period, and I know some people are uncomfortable with ero games. I'd hesitate to call it an "all-ages" version since it will still contain salty language and casual nudity... so maybe 15+ or 17+? Age ratings are kind of silly anyway...

tl;dr - yes

hopefully its a patch..not a full erasure~

From what I understand, it will be a patch just like the regular patch. It shouldn't erase or mess up your saves or anything, except maybe if you have a save during an H-scene and you try to load it.

An update about the Period translation patch:

2012/06/21 - A quick clarification. When I make the final release, there will be three different patches, of which you need only one:

1. An English installer for the full game - this will install the game from scratch, instead of running the Japanese installer from the game disk (the game disk must still be inserted). This is the one you would normally use when installing for the first time.
  2. An English installer for the full game with ero scenes removed; otherwise the same as 1 above. This is the one you would use if you want to play the game without ero scenes. There's no option to turn them on in this patch, or turn them off in the patch above; the two are completely separate.
  3. An incremental patch, exactly the same as the incremental patches I've been releasing (i.e. you must already have the game and the previous incremental patch installed). You should only grab this one if you've been following the incremental patches, and don't want to re-install the game.

Also, after that release, I'll investigate translating and adding the extra scenario available in the Fanclub edition of the game. This will be released afterward, so I don't delay the real release for those who don't have/want the extra scenario.

Word from San Diego! Shipping of School Days is expected to begin Thursday. Last chance to preorder for discounted shipping!

That's next Thursday.

2 good VNs released in a short amount of time with this and Dengeki Stryker.

a definite god news..plus a further option for extra scenario..what more can i expect..DAN..give my thanks to NEKOYASHA~

Oh, and about the extra scenario:

The extra scenario I was talking about is a disk called the Mini Story Disk that came with the Fanclub edition of Period. I've never gotten around to installing it, so I don't know how long the scenario is or what it's about, but I'm guessing it's not very long. Sweet Drops, on the other hand, is a full fandisk 1/3 the length of Period. It's pretty fun, but I have no plans on translating it at the moment - I've been working on Period too long...

It's the Mini Story Disk that came with the Fanclub edition of Period, not the Sweet Drops fandisc.

In talking with EvoSpace from MangaGamer Evo said that they would be making a thread after AX(when they are announcing new titles) that will have all the titles and % complete in it. Evo also said they would try to keep it as updated as possible.

It may just be me on some unknown drug, but under Mangagamer's list, I noticed Sexy magic title from Score - finished testing:

Isn't that referring to Magical Teacher, which has been out for a while now?