Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga iru! - Discussion Thread

Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga iru! (aka One of Them is My Younger Sister! or NAKAIMO)

http://adala-news.fr/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Kono-Naka-ni-Hitori-Imouto-ga-Iru.jpg

Synopsis:

The protagonist, Shougo, has to get married by the time he graduates high school to take over his father's company. There are five girls trying to win his affections, but one of them is actually his sister, who he's been separated from for a long time and can't remember because of an injury he got when he was young. He doesn't know which one is his sister, and she doesn't want him to know, because she wants to marry him. Basically, this is an eroge.

I just watched the first episode. I tried to read the manga a while ago, but there was only one chapter translated. So far the anime is pretty good and I'd recommend it to pretty much everyone who likes anime based on eroge, because that's what it feels like.

This is a discussion thread for this anime, so leave any thoughts, impressions, or questions here.

I didn't want to put this in the first post because it needs spoiler tags. Some guesses:

About who his sister probably is:

http://animeq.ru/uploads/posts/2012-04/1334638401_1.jpg

They make it almost painfully obvious that Tsuruma Konoe is his sister. I don't know if she actually is, but there are so many hints, in the first episode alone, that it almost can't be anyone else. But maybe they're just trying to throw everyone off? Probably not; it's probably her.

The hints: the sister's cell phone looks like her cell phone; she's the only one with black hair like in the picture of his sister; the voice at the funeral sounded like hers; she knew about him before they met in front of the cake shop; and more

About who his sister probably is not:

The girl at the end with the witch hat called him "Onii-chan," but his sister calls him "Onii-sama," so it's probably not her.

Watched the teaser, looks good.The art is not bad too.

But i only watch an anime when the full season is out, i even wait for bdrips if worth the trouble.

Now i wanna play the eroge:o

Thanks for sharing Dan.

watched it a little earlier and enjoyed it, hoping shougo goes after kannagi

I liked her too, but

he's probably going after Konoe - she's "first girl," but it's too early to tell.

Watched the teaser, looks good.The art is not bad too.

But i only watch an anime when the full season is out, i even wait for bdrips if worth the trouble.

I do this a lot too, but recently i've been watching a lot of them as they air. The first ep had a lot of "dark shadows" under the girls' skirts, so there'll probably be more pantsu in the bd version.

Now i wanna play the eroge:o

Me too, too bad there isn't one :(

Just watched the first episode, and I have to say, I'm curious as to how it turns out.

As in your guess who his sister is:

most of this can actually also just mean that she is a childhood friend of him.

Not denying that she might be his sister though.

Since you don't think it is the girl at the end who called him Onii - Chan, the one who sended the cake and stuff might have just been her as well.

Maybe she also just had a random childhood picture of him around, and added that to make it seem more trustworthy

But anyway, I think it is too early to make serious guesses yet, so I'll wait some more episodes before trying to figure it out :p

Just watched the first episode, and I have to say, I'm curious as to how it turns out.

As in your guess who his sister is:

most of this can actually also just mean that she is a childhood friend of him.

Not denying that she might be his sister though.

Since you don't think it is the girl at the end who called him Onii - Chan, the one who sended the cake and stuff might have just been her as well.

Maybe she also just had a random childhood picture of him around, and added that to make it seem more trustworthy

But anyway, I think it is too early to make serious guesses yet, so I'll wait some more episodes before trying to figure it out :p

She could just be a childhood friend, but I think the girl in the picture actually is his sister, and the cake, present, and phone call are from her, since the whole plot is that someone is his sister.

I don't think anyone's trying to trick him into thinking he has a sister - there's no reason to.

The hints: the sister's cell phone looks like her cell phone; she's the only one with black hair like in the picture of his sister.

To me, your bolded felt too obvious to me. I think this is really going to surprise us. In fact,

I bet it's not even one of them. It would be a big twist (imo, due to the obviousness) if the "obvious" choice is correct and the girl on the phone actually isn't his sister. But I'm thinking these two know each other from childhood.

Way too soon to tell, of course. But I hope it gets some sort of conclusion, period, by the anime's ending run.

To me, your bolded felt too obvious to me. I think this is really going to surprise us. In fact,

I bet it's not even one of them. It would be a big twist (imo, due to the obviousness) if the "obvious" choice is correct and the girl on the phone actually isn't his sister. But I'm thinking these two know each other from childhood.

Way too soon to tell, of course. But I hope it gets some sort of conclusion, period, by the anime's ending run.

I thought about that, but it would be too much of a twist. Anime always uses the same characters and the same jokes and the same plots.

It would be too much if a twist for it not to be any of them. Especially since she's the title character - she has to be one of the main characters. But it wouldn't be too much of a twist if the obvious girl wasn't his sister. It's just too obvious to be right, so it probably isn't.

I don't think anyone's trying to trick him into thinking he has a sister - there's no reason to.

Well, let's just say that the girl at the end isn't his sister (since we both think she's not).

Basically she is already tricking him into thinking that he has a sister (her), right?

And a motif could be, that since he's going to be the next head of the Makidono or however it is called company, she would have a relation to the head person or something like that.

But yeah, just guessing..

Well, let's just say that the girl at the end isn't his sister (since we both think she's not).

Basically she is already tricking him into thinking that he has a sister (her), right?

And a motif could be, that since he's going to be the next head of the Makidono or however it is called company, she would have a relation to the head person or something like that.

But yeah, just guessing..

I don't know what the deal with that girl at the end was (we'll probably find out in the next episode), but I don't think she's trying to trick him either. My guess is either she's a weirdo that calls strangers "Onii-chan" or she's "acting" (she was wearing those witch clothes, so she's either a weirdo or in the drama club or something). Or maybe they're childhood friends/relatives (and he can't remember because of that injury) and she used to cal him "Onii-chan."

This thread is full of spoilers... we don't really need them, since we're only talking about what already happened in the first episode (nobody posted anything from the manga)... but whatever

this anime is perfect for an eroge :)

I thought it was at first; I am disappointed. I can't even think of a light novel that got an anime, then gets a visual novel, so I doubt we'll ever see one. But I would play it (twice)! =P

I thought it was at first; I am disappointed. I can't even think of a light novel that got an anime, then gets a visual novel, so I doubt we'll ever see one. But I would play it (twice)! =P

what about ore no imouto? and i'm sure there are others.

other light novel to animes include hidan no aria, boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai, spice and wolf, the haruhi series, and various others.

but back on topic read some spoilers for the series and it looks to be very promising

liked the show so far , gets u interested , has an VN feel to it

i hope and i think that most likely the twin tailed girl is his imouto , i really like twin tailed girls as imouto characters (thats just me , don't mind that)

Episode 2

After watching two episodes, my guess on who the sister is:

Ikusu Mizutani. When Shougo's little sister said she was with him the entire time at the dance, Shougo's flashbacks didn't even show Ikusu as an option he had considered. It had stated Ikusu has been training to be a "modern day" ninja, and is part of Shougo's corporation, so this could be a way of the father protecting the child and seeing/raising her in secret when he was still alive.

You guys are thinking to hard about who his sister may or may not be. Besides they aren't gonna give it away in the first 2 episodes.

I don't think we will know for sure until ep 10 ish. Since I know a little bit about writing stories I can tell you we will be guessing at least untill then.

Besides if we knew who the sister was wouldn't that take all the fun out of the plot line?

You guys are thinking to hard about who his sister may or may not be. Besides they aren't gonna give it away in the first 2 episodes.

I don't think we will know for sure until ep 10 ish. Since I know a little bit about writing stories I can tell you we will be guessing at least untill then.

Besides if we knew who the sister was wouldn't that take all the fun out of the plot line?

If the sister hasn't been discovered in the ongoing light novels yet, I highly doubt the anime will give it away even at the end, unfortunately. But speculating at who is Shougo's sister and seeing what others believe is part of the fun. Also, this little mystery sets the plot apart from other generic harems.

If the sister hasn't been discovered in the ongoing light novels yet, I highly doubt the anime will give it away even at the end, unfortunately. But speculating at who is Shougo's sister and seeing what others believe is part of the fun. Also, this little mystery sets the plot apart from other generic harems.

it's kind of like Russian roulette with an imouto as the bullet

Episode 03

knowing the light novel , there will be dramatic moments in the anime

You mean like the end of episode 3? xD

Horrible episode.

Why does Shougo have a sex education book in his apartment? Eh, this was a pretty bad episode, aside from the very last minute. I kept hoping the entire first half half and more was a dream, but the girls really did that... Soooo creepy.

I also did think that most of the stuff that happened would turn out to be a dream, but oh well...

Most things didn't really fit in, in my opinion, but I wouldn't say that that made the episode bad.