@Linkman19: Did you just copy the files from the .iso to a folder or did you install it normally? I know someone had trouble with a black screen on certain scenes because he just copy/pasted the files into the folder.

@Littlelist: Here is a list of things you can try.

1. Try installing to another folder.

2. Try installing as admin. With the .iso mounted right click on the drive in My Computer and click open. Fine the .exe and right click on it. Click Run as Administrator.

3. Try to run the game as administrator. Right click the desktop icon. Click Properties. Go to the Compatibility tab. At the bottom check the box for Run this program as an administrator.

4. You can also try to run the program under a different compatibility mode. Following the instructions for step 3 check the box in Compatibility mode. Keep Windows XP (Service Pack 3) as the mode to run it as. This step is only useful if you are running Vista or Windows 7.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Linkman19: Did you just copy the files from the .iso to a folder or did you install it normally? I know someone had trouble with a black screen on certain scenes because he just copy/pasted the files into the folder.

I installed it normally via iso, I can't even get to title screen, it's just a black screen with sound

I installed it normally via iso, I can't even get to title screen, it's just a black screen with sound

Can't really say what the problem might be then. You can try going through the steps I listed for Littlelist in hopes that something might work.

Can't really say what the problem might be then. You can try going through the steps I listed for Littlelist in hopes that something might work.

Tried everything. No luck. Could it be that one of the files could have been corrupt and that would explain the black screen?

Tried everything. No luck. Could it be that one of the files could have been corrupt and that would explain the black screen?

It could be, but I doubt it. You could try downloading it again, but it might not even be worth it. What video card do you have? Also, do you have any codec packs installed on your PC? You are the first case I know of that is only getting a black screen. That is unless someone mentioned the problem in the comments on the erogedownload.com School Days page.

The reason I ask about the video card is it might be unsupported by the game, or a codec pack might be interfering in the game running.

It could be, but I doubt it. You could try downloading it again, but it might not even be worth it. What video card do you have? Also, do you have any codec packs installed on your PC? You are the first case I know of that is only getting a black screen. That is unless someone mentioned the problem in the comments on the erogedownload.com School Days page.

The reason I ask about the video card is it might be unsupported by the game, or a codec pack might be interfering in the game running.

I have an ATI Radeon HD 5450 as my video card and I installed CCCP codec, I don't know what other codecs I have besides the usual microsoft stuff, camtasia and fraps

I have an ATI Radeon HD 5450 as my video card and I installed CCCP codec, I don't know what other codecs I have besides the usual microsoft stuff, camtasia and fraps

Well, I have CCCP installed and that didn't give me a black screen. Ditto for FRAPS. If you had something different I would have said that might interfere, but it doesn't look like it.

Can't really say about your video card though. It's not that old of a model, from 2010. Unless someone with the same model can confirm it works just fine that is my only guess. Sorry I can't help more, but if it's not the video card or something like a codec pack I can't say what it is.

If you have access to another computer try to install on that. Hope someone can help you more then I could.

Well, I have CCCP installed and that didn't give me a black screen. Ditto for FRAPS. If you had something different I would have said that might interfere, but it doesn't look like it.

Can't really say about your video card though. It's not that old of a model, from 2010. Unless someone with the same model can confirm it works just fine that is my only guess. Sorry I can't help more, but if it's not the video card or something like a codec pack I can't say what it is.

If you have access to another computer try to install on that. Hope someone can help you more then I could.

Its cool, Thanks if I can get to work I'll tell you

I am pretty new when it comes to this and I just wanted some help on this issue. When I go to open the game up (for the 2nd time) the error, "Graphicbase initialisation error. Failed to load DX3D Device." pops up and it says there is an error and it needs to close. I have looked at the first post and tried everything there. I am using an Aspire One netbook and it runs on Windows XP Home Edition and most of my drivers have been updated I believe. IF I need to update any specific ones than can you post them? I really don't know what to do so any help would be greatly appreciated!

I am pretty new when it comes to this and I just wanted some help on this issue. When I go to open the game up (for the 2nd time) the error, "Graphicbase initialisation error. Failed to load DX3D Device." pops up and it says there is an error and it needs to close. I have looked at the first post and tried everything there. I am using an Aspire One netbook and it runs on Windows XP Home Edition and most of my drivers have been updated I believe. IF I need to update any specific ones than can you post them? I really don't know what to do so any help would be greatly appreciated!

it seems like DirectX problems...try to update your DirectX to newest version

Edit: as killer said try to uninstall your graphic driver (use software like revo uninstaller to have complete uninstall of your driver) reboot your pc and install the newest driver

Edited by Ero-ero Majin

I'm having a similar problem as Dark Eclipse, when I go to run the game the following message pops up every time: "GraphicBase initialisation error Failed to load display adapter information". I'm going to go update DirectX but since the message was different I thought it would be best to update some other codecs or programs as well but wasn't sure where to begin, any recommendations of what I should do?

Apparently downloading just DirectX wasn't enough, nothing has changed. Downloading this thing didn't work either http://www.cccp-project.net/download.php?type=cccp -_-

Edited by Groz

Just found out that it isn't my Graphics card, by chance I found a site where a guy has the same card as me, and he says he plays School Days HQ

http://samsunggalaxygio.latvianforum.net/t1298-what-games-do-u-play-on-pc - Site where the comment is

Just found out that it isn't my Graphics card, by chance I found a site where a guy has the same card as me, and he says he plays School Days HQ

What games do u play on PC ? - Site where the comment is

If it was as simple as "everyone with this graphic card can play it and people with this other one can't" that would be great, but it's not the case. There are a lot of things that can cause problems, even if you have the same hardware as some other guy.

Didn't anyone check the system requirements? You need

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviewimages/nvidia-geforce-gtx-690/nvidia-geforce-gtx-690.jpg

to even play at acceptable settings.

No in all seriousness i haven't got any problem whatsoever. I do have a beast rig though, updated drivers & latest direct X so......

If it was as simple as "everyone with this graphic card can play it and people with this other one can't" that would be great, but it's not the case. There are a lot of things that can cause problems, even if you have the same hardware as some other guy.

I am simply going by process of elimination with this, seeing what could be wrong and what might not be wrong, at the moment I know it is not based solely on my Graphics card, I could just have had a corrupt file or something along those lines, heck I might not even meet the system reqs and not realise it

Alright updated DirectX to the latest one (9.0 for me I believe since I use Windows XP) and it still doesn't work for me. The Graphics Driver that I use on my computer is I think Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 (checked after searching around for a bit), but I don't know where to download it from to reinstall it. Sorry if it seems like I am annoying, I just don't want to mess up my computer in since I don't go in-depth when using computers so I don't know much on how to do this.

Alright updated DirectX to the latest one (9.0 for me I believe since I use Windows XP) and it still doesn't work for me. The Graphics Driver that I use on my computer is I think Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 (checked after searching around for a bit), but I don't know where to download it from to reinstall it. Sorry if it seems like I am annoying, I just don't want to mess up my computer in since I don't go in-depth when using computers so I don't know much on how to do this.

here's the link to update your intel driver Intel® Driver Update Utility

I am simply going by process of elimination with this, seeing what could be wrong and what might not be wrong, at the moment I know it is not based solely on my Graphics card, I could just have had a corrupt file or something along those lines, heck I might not even meet the system reqs and not realise it

you could also try by try to uninstall some software to see if one of them are cause conflict with your game

it's an old game anyway, so you should be able to play this unless you have an ancient PC....:D

anyway, here the system requirements to play:

from jast

CPU: Dual-Core 2.0Ghz

Memory: 1GB

Video: 64MB VRAM, DirectX 9.0c

HD Space: 12GB

from overflow

CPU: CPU: 2GHz Multi-core clock speed greater than 2GHz

MEM: MEM: 1GB 1GB or more

HDD: HDD: USBHDD And external USB HDD can not be used

VIDEO: VIDEO: 800x600 Full-color or higher

PCI Express x16 VRAM 64MB PCI Express x16 VRAM 64MB or more

DirectX9.0 DirectX9.0 compatible

SOUND: SOUND:PCM PCM audio

Hi, I have a non-installation related question. Is there any way to increase the timeout at conversation option selection?!? I don't know if it's related to my hardware, but the timeout is very short for me - maybe 2 secs or so. I'd very much prefer to spend a bit more time to consider my responses. Is it possible to set this timeout somewhere? I'm ready to patch the timeout value in the executable if that's what it takes, assuming someone can tell me the offset.

Alright I used the Driver Update Utility and it shows this when under Graphics Driver:

Product Detected Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3150

Current Driver Installed 6.14.10.5260

A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer.

So not sure if its the latest one or not, kinda unfortunate.