Edit2: People that have problems with the game freezing in full screen, please what what codecs you are using (CCCP, K-lite, etc.).

I'm using the newest version of CCCP, along with the newest CoreAVC. That's it. I haven't tried removing them, because even if that fixed it, I'd probably end up putting them back on right away anyways since I use them quite a bit. If that is the problem, I suppose there might be other codecs that could run MKVs without causing the freezing, but I don't want to mess with my setup too much since I can stream MKVs to my PS3 right now and it took a good amount of effort to get that working 100%.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using the newest version of CCCP, along with the newest CoreAVC. That's it. I haven't tried removing them, because even if that fixed it, I'd probably end up putting them back on right away anyways since I use them quite a bit. If that is the problem, I suppose there might be other codecs that could run MKVs without causing the freezing, but I don't want to mess with my setup too much since I can stream MKVs to my PS3 right now and it took a good amount of effort to get that working 100%.

That should be fine I guess. Though I never used CoveAVC, so I dunno if it can cause problems.

That should be fine I guess. Though I never used CoveAVC, so I dunno if it can cause problems.

I'm using CoreAVC, and have no problems at all with playing in full - screen and fast forwarding.

Now i can play without the save problem, only the sound problem remain but that is no big deal.

I have managed to do a full install without problem on a windows xp sp3 machine, then i have copied the install folder to my windows 7 machine and voilá!

I´m already on chapter 3.

Thanks for the help people.

Ok, here is what I have found so far. There is a problem installing this VN using Japanese Locale. To test this I ran the installer on my laptop in English(United States) Locale and sound works just fine without messing with the config file. Didn't matter what changes I made, sound started correctly when the VN was re-opened. Moving that config file to a Japanese locale PC did not make the Japanese locale PC's sound work.

I will make edits to this post once I do more tests.

Edit 1: No problems with any saves while running in English Locale. No problems with sound messing up in English locale. This was made using my English locale laptop and not my Japanese locale PC.

Edit 2: Made a config file with the settings I wanted on my English Locale laptop. Moved that config file over to my Japanese Locale desktop in a read only file format state. Manually created the install folders on the drive I was going to install the VN on. Moved the config file into the correct folder. Re-installed SD HQ to the manually created folders. The VN runs with the settings I had for that config file. Remember that the config file is in read only. Sound starts up any time I restart the VN and my settings are still the same from when I transferred the config file.

Edit 3: Installed in English locale after ensuring ALL drivers (sound, video, windows updates, etc.) were update. Changed settings in English locale to ensure I had a changed config file. Changed locale to Japanese and game works just fine. Sound stays on and settings stay on from the English locale. Changed settings again in Japanese locale and VN launched with no problems. Re-launched VN after closing to ensure that there were no problems.

Edit 4: For me this worked. It might not work for everyone. The only driver my PC was missing was the sound driver. Updated that and changed my PC to Japanese Locale. Did a fresh install of SD HQ. Ran SD and changed settings, sound worked fine. Closed and restarted SD. Sound worked fine and settings stayed the same. Reloaded the VN 5 times and sound worked every time in Japanese locale.

From what I gather, either a driver is out-of-date, or there is a compatibility issue with either your sound driver or sound card that is causing the sound to stop working. Unsure as to what the exact problem is but this is all I found. This may/may not be the problem for everyone. This is just what I found to be the problem for me.

Edited by strom
Hey guys so despite the freezing issue I get rare game crashes by pressing the save or load button ingame (seems totally random). Error is "Schooldays hq stopped working" and the game closes. Problem is if I restart the game every single one of my save files is unloadable, error is "Script version does not match" so basically I have to start from scratch over and over again or I could play without saving or loading but thats just not doable without a guide (I dont want to use one) at least not for me. So am I the only one with this issue or has anybody read something about this or maybe got an solution?

every help is really appreciated

You have to install the game correctly. By using the setup not taking files from disc.

Hello I just downloaded this game and every time I try to start it it takes a while to pop up. I haven't tried playing it yet because I want to figure out why it takes so long just for it to pop up. Do you guys have any ideas?

Hello I just downloaded this game and every time I try to start it it takes a while to pop up. I haven't tried playing it yet because I want to figure out why it takes so long just for it to pop up. Do you guys have any ideas?

How long does it take to pop up? Mine can take like 5-10 seconds. It also might take longer if you have an older PC.

Here's my report aswell on the sound/config problem, as an addition to strom's:

* Custom install location, japanese locale installation, playing in japanese locale, PROBLEM STILL EXISTS.

* Custom install location, swedish (home) locale installation, playing in swedish locale, PROBLEM STILL EXISTS.

* Custom install location, english (usa) locale installation, playing in english (usa) locale, PROBLEM STILL EXISTS

* Default install location, japanese locale installation, playing in japanese locale, using strom's english locale config file and using it the way he describes in his post -> PROBLEM STILL EXISTS.

In other words, nothing I've done so far has gotten rid of the problem. I still need to either delete the config file or make it blank and read-only in order to make the sound work again after restarting. Nothing else has made any change so far for me.

If the problem actually had to do with the game being installed in a certain locale or being played in one, then that solution should also work for me just fine, but it doesn't, so it can't be that. And yes changing locales works just fine for me.

Edited by Harlequin

Quick Q, Did you guys download the torrent version?

Cus' I downloaded a Direct version which hadn't been compressed and I've received absolutely no problems at all, Works fine both sizes, voices, movies all work fine.

I didn't have to have any surplus codecs like CCCP or anything like that and I'm running it on Windows 7 64Bit.

^ I downloaded the torrent version, but I also had the hard copy to test this with. The only thing that I found to effect me was my sound driver.

More than 5 minutes and I have a laptop that runs fine

To this I don't know. Here are the specs to run the game though:

Windows 7 32/64 bit, Vista, or XP

Dual-Core 2.0GHz

1GB RAM

12GB free space

DirectX 9.0, 64MB VRAM, 1024X768 resolution

Edited by strom
^ I downloaded the torrent version, but I also had the hard copy to test this with. The only thing that I found to effect me was my sound driver.

To this I don't know. Here are the specs to run the game though:

Windows 7 32/64 bit, Vista, or XP

Dual-Core 2.0GHz

1GB RAM

12GB free space

DirectX 9.0, 64MB VRAM, 1024X768 resolution

I have all of those but it doesn't really matter as long as the game works. Thanks for the help

You have to install the game correctly. By using the setup not taking files from disc.

Okay if Issue #5 is caused by copying the game files of disc 2 instead of using the full installation I got another problem. Like I stated earlier if I run the installer it asks for disc 2 at some point so I mount disc 2 in the same virtual drive (also tried a different one) but after pressing ok on the "please insert disc 2" screen it immediately pops up again with "please insert disc 2" and I have no way to continue from there.

I've had nothing, but trouble. Game freezes when I try to start a new game, or when I try to load a saved game. *Sigh*I don't feel like diagnosing this problem on my computer right now after all that work I did to try and get it to run with sound the first time. Running as Admin doesn't work. Installing and running as Admin doesn't work. Installing as Admin, running as Admin, and using XP compatibility doesn't work. I'm tired :p

Well my comp is windows 7 32bit, i installed folder outside program files with japanese locale on. My graphics driver is most recent and my old nvdia 8400gs is able to run the game with no lag.

I dont run as admin and it works fine, as for compatibility im sure HQ is designed to run on 7.

Hope my information helps, ganbatte. The game is definitely worth the effort.

I more the surpass the needed hardware specs to run this VN. Just keep running into one problem after another. I'll look into it another day when I can drudge up enough care. Spent too much time yesterday just fixing my sound issue.

I want to ask a question, i'm on chapter 4 now, where makoto and kotonoha is having sex (school festival). but in that screen, everything turn black and there are only subtitle and options given, is it supposed to be like that or should there be any button that should show the whole thing? Thanks in advance.

I want to ask a question, i'm on chapter 4 now, where makoto and kotonoha is having sex (school festival). but in that screen, everything turn black and there are only subtitle and options given, is it supposed to be like that or should there be any button that should show the whole thing? Thanks in advance.

No that's the only rare problem i have. Press back and the scene will play with images.

Yea, after the scene, it goes back to normal, the replay are shown after the chapter? Or after you complete the game

It seems like all the scene including after the sex scene with kotonoha are all black images