Thanks for that, I tried the installation again, and it worked up to a point, but then it froze. I read Smileynator's post on the issue (which seems to be where the problem is), but I can't view the screenshot. I'm just curious if...

Company/Overflow

Program/SCHOOLDAYS HQ

Script/1.00

Version/1.00

are supposed to be the 4 string values, and if so, what does the...

Format:[Name here/Data here]

mean?

When the game installs properly without the error, at the end of the installation it adds these 4 strings. They tell the game info about the script. When you just copy the files from the disc these are missing so you're getting the error, since the game doesn't know the version of the script.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the game installs properly without the error, at the end of the installation it adds these 4 strings. They tell the game info about the script. When you just copy the files from the disc these are missing so you're getting the error, since the game doesn't know the version of the script.

Thank you, but now I realize that this actually wasn't the problem (I was quick to think that something was up and looked to the most related post). The issue that I have now is exactly the same as one that was brought up earlier about the installation getting stuck on Se01. I've tried re-installing it a few times and re-copied Se01 in the install directory, but nothing is working, it still gets stuck on it. Was there ever a solution that was brought up to this issue?

Thank you, but now I realize that this actually wasn't the problem (I was quick to think that something was up and looked to the most related post). The issue that I have now is exactly the same as one that was brought up earlier about the installation getting stuck on Se01. I've tried re-installing it a few times and re-copied Se01 in the install directory, but nothing is working, it still gets stuck on it. Was there ever a solution that was brought up to this issue?

Try to mount it with Daemon Tools instead of the software you're using right now and try installing it like that. Also, you're supposed to copy all the game files to the folder since you're getting stuck really early in the installation and not many files actually copy there. If you still can't get it to work like that, then the most likely problem is that the file is just corrupted.

Try to mount it with Daemon Tools instead of the software you're using right now and try installing it like that. Also, you're supposed to copy all the game files to the folder since you're getting stuck really early in the installation and not many files actually copy there. If you still can't get it to work like that, then the most likely problem is that the file is just corrupted.

I've tried using both Virtual CloneDrive and Daemon Tools and they both won't work. I copied all of the game files to the folder, including Se01, and it still won't finish installing. I would think that the file is corrupted, but I've downloaded School Days from two different torrents (one for a back up) and they both seem to have the same issues. I could try installing the back up again, but I am not sure if that will work. It's also not that early on in the installation that it isn't working, it stops at 9866 MB out of 11392 MB and on disk 2. Is there any way to continue installation without downloading Se01, or would that just not work/mess up the game.

I've tried using both Virtual CloneDrive and Daemon Tools and they both won't work. I copied all of the game files to the folder, including Se01, and it still won't finish installing.

If you copy all the files and add those stings to the registry (which you already did) then there's no need to install the game. It should work fine like that unless it's corrupted, but you said you've downloaded it from 2 sources so it's not that. What happens when you copy all the files and try to run it like that from the folder?

Guys, I've installed the game, updated to 1.02 and it worked fine... until the end of chap V (Hikari's Route). When it was going to show the chapter ending credits, the game enters in a black screen and nothing happens anymore. And the game doesn't stop working, it simply stays with the black screen. Any ideas, please? ):

Ok so i'm completely new at this. In fact, I've never played a graphics novel before. Now i downloaded all the files fine from the torrent link you guys put up, and i have all the of CD 1 and CD 2, error during this process (but my internet is slow as sh*t so it took like 24+ hours, but that's another problem that has nothing to do with the game), so what i supposed i was supposed to do was to extract both CDs into a folder (i made a cd 1 and a cd 2 folder) and tried runing the SetUp.exe that was inside. it then gave me an error that said "please insert CD 1" , so i guess that wasn't the way to do it. then i tried just run the SchoolDay.exe and again "please insert CD 2". it's probably not an error (maybe it is, correct me if i'm wrong) but i just don't know how to set it up. can you give me an installation guide?

wait , you did mount both images right? Use Daemon Tools for example , mount the image file for disc 1 , install it from the virtual drive. then when asked for disc 2 , mount dvd 2's image file and press Ok , it should proceed the installation.

Edited by iLoveTsundere
wait , you did mount both images right? Use Daemon Tools for example , mount the image file for disc 1 , install it from the virtual drive. then when asked for disc 2 , mount dvd 2's image file and press Ok , it should proceed the installation.

where you talking to me? i am extremely lost, if you are what images are you talking about?

Yes , what you finished downloading and extracting , were .ISO files right? Those are image files. You are meant to open them with a virtual drive software , like Daemon tools. Mount DVD1 ISO file on daemon or whichever other program you use , like PowerISO for example , it will create a phantom dvd drive on your PC , its the same as you having put the dvd in it. Go to said drive , and install it from there. When asked for Disc 2 , mount DVD 2 and press OK on the installation prompt.

where you talking to me? i am extremely lost, if you are what images are you talking about?

Here is the FAQ. Click the two links for Installing Daemon tools and Mounting Images using Daemon tools and read them. Shows you step by step how to use the program. After you completely download School Days and extracted the files, you should have the 2 CD images like you said. What you need to do is mount the first cd image and it'll tell you to install it. In a short while, it'll ask you to mount in CD 2. This is where you can unmount CD1 and mount in CD2. After this, it'll finish installation and you can run the .exe file in the installation folder. If something else goes wrong, make sure to read the first post.

another quick question, should i install the Patch? I am running a widescreen (16:9 1366 x 768p) and i like running games full screen. i've been reading there is lots of errors in this game and read that the patch is for widescreen computers. so should i install it and if so, is just as simple as running the .exe after i download the game?

another quick question, should i install the Patch? I am running a widescreen (16:9 1366 x 768p) and i like running games full screen. i've been reading there is lots of errors in this game and read that the patch is for widescreen computers. so should i install it and if so, is just as simple as running the .exe after i download the game?

Yep, just run the 1.02 patch and it should fix a couple of bugs. Yeah, it's a .exe so it should be pretty simple to patch up.

School Days Icon Pack by ~Alucryd on deviantART To everyone who helped me (and well everyone on this thread) i found these cool icons and although i didn't make them or you guys could had found it too, i decided to put it as "a token of my appreciation".

here's a link to an already converted to .ico format .zip file. I take no credit for the work and it's original link also in the readme. (i uploaded that file to make everyone's life a little easier. i personally hate having to convert icon to .ico, they should already be .ico and not .png but whatever.) SchoolDays HQ icons.zip

ive mounted both discs on 2 drives and i run disc ones installation but when it tells me to insert disc 2, i click on the disc 2 i mounted and it wont run. Solution?

Try it this way. Just mount in disc one and install it regularly. When it asks you to mount in disc 2, unmount disc 1 and mount in disc 2. Make sure you don't close the installation window when it tells you to put in disc two so it can continue with the installation.

awesome! thanks desi it worked!! :DDDD

Keep that in mind for some of these VNs that have multiple disks. You usually have to do the, unmount - remount 2nd disk, deal to get it to install. Just something to keep in mind for future VNs you play.