Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Dog Days' ep 1 is finally released by Doki!!!!! Just from ep 1 it looks like it will be as good as Season 1

All I have to say is

WHY SQUIRELS!!!!!!!!!! and his harem is getting bigger.

Shinku! Shinku!

*hugs him tightly and wags with tail*

just too cute..

I love this show and am totally looking forward to this season :)

There hasn't really been any indications what this season will be about though :/

Episode 1

I really enjoyed it, and how Shinku's rival/the only person to best him in athletics is the hero for the other country.

Also was touched by Millhi and Shinku's reunion. That made me remember their separation in the first season. And I wonder how their relationship will develop from here on since in the finale,

they had proclaimed their love to one another. I hope it doesn't ignore this/romance completely.

i can only guess that whatever the climax is, one of his friends is gonna be at the center of it. I.E. One of his friends is gonna go bad or somehow turn into a demon. I think it makes sence

If that happens, I'm going to guess Becky turns into a demon, because I suspect she has feelings for Shinku, which would be unrequited. Somebody/something malicious might take advantage of these feelings.

I am slightly ashamed to say that I love this series. As rather weak-plotted and cheery it is. I still wish they would drop the ninja warrior stuff and get a demon army attacking or something.

If they did that and lost the incredible seiyuu, this would be a done-to-death cliched "Person gets transported to another world with fantastic creatures to become its hero who stops the destruction of their world from an evil army." No thanks.

I am slightly ashamed to say that I love this series. As rather weak-plotted and cheery it is. I still wish they would drop the ninja warrior stuff and get a demon army attacking or something.

I do think a hero from another world save the new world from destruction is a little to cliche for me. But why say you are ashamed a little? We all play r-18 games, we all (probably) watch some pretty silly anime, and the only people who care are the ones that don't understand.

I.e. This guy.

oreimo_03_21.jpg

[

Episode 1

I really enjoyed it, and how Shinku's rival/the only person to best him in athletics is the hero for the other country.

Also was touched by Millhi and Shinku's reunion. That made me remember their separation in the first season. And I wonder how their relationship will develop from here on since in the finale,

they had proclaimed their love to one another. I hope it doesn't ignore this/romance completely.

His name is properly spelled Cinque as his mom is French or British.

Okay what I have below may contain spoilers to the first season but not to the second season which is what this thread is about.

Unfortunently they kinda of have to ignore it (the event as Cinque leaves) for now because:1 She is a princess (therefore she is most likly already betrothed), 2 He is from another world and therefore probably not genetically compatable (i.e. not one of them, I expect this bit to change somewhat), 3 the japanese lanuguage is complex Suki (Love) also means Like...okay my arguement on her part just went out the window

she says daisuki (great like or love), as does Cinque

bascially my point is that there could have been a misunderstanding there on one or the others' side (or even a translation error, not likly like but still).

[

Episode 1If that happens, I'm going to guess Becky turns into a demon, because I suspect she has feelings for Shinku, which would be unrequited. Somebody/something malicious might take advantage of these feelings.

I hadn't thought of that. I was thinking would be Manami because in this world Cinque is better.

Edited by warrof

I think I looked into this when I saw a.. Let's just say "Interesting" Konachan picture of 4 girls, turned out they were from Dog Days, Didn't pay much attention to it though and never found the energy to watch the first episode.

http://i49.tinypic.com/291kqgx.jpg

There really is far better Rule 34 for Dog Day's out there than that. XD But yes, I suppose the ecchi is what keeps me watching. It just feels so flat and less fulfilling than other anime I pass on, so I feel like I'm doing something I shouldn't when I watch it. As silly as that may seem. I guess it just doesn't feel as mature as the other anime I watch, ecchi or not.

There really is far better Rule 34 for Dog Day's out there than that. XD But yes, I suppose the ecchi is what keeps me watching. It just feels so flat and less fulfilling than other anime I pass on, so I feel like I'm doing something I shouldn't when I watch it. As silly as that may seem. I guess it just doesn't feel as mature as the other anime I watch, ecchi or not.

It is true that it isn't mature, heck the original naruto is more "Mature" than this but i still love it

Edited by warrof
  • 1 month later...
As of episode 6, Now they are just having fun with it. I give it 3 more episodes, max, then they get serious.

BTW I still love this series.

but most anime with 12-13 episodes get serious after 6 episodes...

hmmm... I wonder what the crew who made this are planning...

I'm a little disappointed by this second season because it looks like it's just there to provide fanservice without any meaningful plot. I like the series, but it could be so much better.

I hear what you are saying, but the first season didn't have any overall plot line that was complex. And as for it being better, it wouldn't be "dog days" if it were any better. I just hope they have a reason for all the new characters they are introing.

• 3 weeks later...
As of episode 6, Now they are just having fun with it. I give it 3 more episodes, max, then they get serious.

BTW I still love this series.

Who Called It?!

As of the ending of Episode 8 "tomorrow" is the start of the 3 way "war" thus signaling that they are finnaly getting serious. "they" being the story writers.

I hear what you are saying, but the first season didn't have any overall plot line that was complex. And as for it being better, it wouldn't be "dog days" if it were any better. I just hope they have a reason for all the new characters they are introing.

This time the plot line has actually been a little more complex, since they do have a reason for all the new characters.

As for the little event that happened at the end of season one between Cinque and Milhi, there has finally been some developement.

As for how I think this season (hopefully not the whole story) is gonna end now, based on certain event's throughout the season I think that this time Cinque is gonna stay behind in Flonyard, possibly the whole group.

In ep 8 Milhi finally gives a reason as to why she hasn't brought up their confessions to each other, then what is said right after that by Becky indicates to me that that is gonna be a major factor in the final episodes. As such everyone else will want Cinque to stay as well along with at least Becky, Manami hasn't made close relationships, as far as is shown, and seems to treat this whole time as one big game. Becky on the other hand HAS made close relationships, particularly with Milhi and Couvert, and if Cinque stays in Flonyard so will she.

Everyone will want Cinque to stay since, 1 Milhi is in love with him (ep 8), 2 Eclair has some feelings for him (ep 8 and ep 13 of season 1), 3 there is now evidence that a human and a "flonyardian?" are genetically compatable (the Hero King in an ancestor to Couvert, assuming the hero King is a human [i know her eyes have stars in them but i believe that is a side effect of being in flonyard and having some much power for so long{she is like 300 years old}]), 4, It would be a good way to end the series (if they do that).

To summarize: Cinque and Becky will stay in Flonyard, Mannami will go home, Cinque will Mature (emotionally) and officially declare his love for Milhi (go DOG GIRLS) they all live happily ever after, the end.

Either that or The 3 heros return home, then they do an epiloge of some form and everyone is grown up and they are in flonyard living happily ever after.

Or The Flonyardians come to earth and everyone bounces between the 2 worlds and the live happily ever after.

Thats a lot of happily ever afters aint it?

Edited by warrof
  • 4 weeks later...

ill be honest, the second season is not as good as the first, it's too "bright" unlike the first season where there was an undercurrent of darkness that resonated well with the environment that was created by story writers. In the second season, it seems to be all about having a good time, which equals a not-so-good story to me.

If they are gonna save this anime they need to do it fast.

Edit: But why do I still feel sad that the season is ending. I always get depressed when a story ends (thats the only reason non-ending [the series is over but the story isn't] stories are tolerable for me), I had it particually bad of Fate/stay night Fate route end. I wonder if watching "Watchmen" for the first time put perspective back in my head?

Edited by warrof

Whelp Season 2 is over, and it definately was different from season 1.

But anyways based on the ending of ep 13, season 3 is in the works, and if I'm guessing right, it'll be out sooner rather than later.

Anywho this is also my last post in the thread since I'm the only one who posts.

Whelp Season 2 is over, and it definately was different from season 1.

But anyways based on the ending of ep 13, season 3 is in the works, and if I'm guessing right, it'll be out sooner rather than later.

Anywho this is also my last post in the thread since I'm the only one who posts.

I haven't seen the 13th ep... were there hints for a 3rd season???