So sad...My experience with Tomoyo After story (no spoilers)

If you want to read the whole story, check it out here [Complete game is spoiled]: Tomoyo After~......AWESOME STORY!!XD - Anime Take Forums

Man, reading that, I'm so heart broken, it's not even funny. I really like Tomoyo, and for her to go through this is so touching (in a sad way). I feel like I'm going to explode (my heart at least).

Why... (you know what I mean if you read it). I still really am looking forward to play the game after the patch comes out from Doki Fansubs the 20th. Played Clannad and it was touching, but I didn't cry when playing, since I had already watched the anime. Cried during the anime though.

I'm so sad :c

If you don't care to skip the story ahead of time (I couldn't resist), please tell me what you thought.

I also just read the 4 chapters of the manga (about one volume), they're about 40 pages per chapter (monthly). GAHHHHH. I'm going to cry later.

DON'T READ THAT FORUM THREAD (OR THE MANGA) IF YOU'RE PLANNING TO PLAY THE GAME!!!

No seriously, those spoilers will destroy the game for sure because tomoyo after is all about the ending. As for your question, yeah it was damn sad and not key like but still fuckin awesome. So yeah that's the only spoiler from me, the ending is sad.

Edited by OneManArmy

If there's even a small chance you might play this game, don't read the spoilers in that link!!!

Due to my experience as a beta tester for Tomoyo After, reading through tons and tons of grammatical and spelling errors as well as bad translations, I thought this thread was about a bad playing experience because of a bad translation. ...But now I understand what the "Sad" in the title meant.

I'll tell you a few things (without giving away any spoilers) about Tomoyo After, as someone who's played the game.

Is this game for me?

• If Tomoyo was your favorite character in Clannad, you will love this game.
  • If you liked Tomoyo in Clannad, you will love this game.
  • If you liked Clannad and other Key games, but Tomoyo wasn't one of your favorites, you will probably like this game.
  • If you liked Clannad and other Key games, but disliked Tomoyo, then this game probably isn't for you, since she's the only heroine in it. But if you really love Key games, you might want to play it anyway, because it's not just about her. (She is a major part of though, so decide carefully.)
  • If you didn't like Tomoyo or Clannad, screw you.

If you've played Tomoyo's route in Clannad, but it was a while ago, you will feel nostalgia.

Is this game sad?

• Yes. If you cried when you played Clannad, you will cry when you play this.

Is this game funny?

• Yes. Maybe not quite as funny as Clannad (I mean the stuff with Sunohara was just hilarious), but it has its fair share of funny moments.

Hmm... That's all I can think of for now, but I would be happy to answer any questions about the game. If it's about spoilers, though, ask me via PM.

Oh, and at the beginning I said I had to play through tons of bad grammar/spelling/translation, but not to worry, I pointed out everything I came across to Doki, and it is being fixed, so the patch should be just about perfect by the time it comes out (which is only five days from now).

Well I personally don't like that link either but the author wrote "If you want to read the whole story, check it out here [Complete game is spoiled]". So yeah, if you're really fallowing that link, blame yourself for that.

well.i did read the chinese patch so im basically fucked up before anyway..

just waiting to read the english ones to enjoy Tomoyo^^

I already warned everyone on the dangers of AFTER STORY it kills everything AVOID it at all cost unless you like punishment.The bad thing is you see the ending coming a mile a way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I could forget....

Edited by Breakthrough
I already warned everyone on the dangers of AFTER STORY it kills everything AVOID it at all cost unless you like punishment.The bad thing is you see the ending coming a mile a way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I could forget....

lol...were at the same page there bud