If you were caught or seen playing a vn, which one would be the hardest to explain. For example, your roommate or brother uses your laptop when you go the restroom and opens up a game and plays it out or curiosity. Which is the last novel you want them seeing. It will kinda be hard to talk out of playing a game that has girls who look like kids in them. :p

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no need for me to think about it. I never planned to "hide" myself while reading VNs. My bro, as well as my friends knows about it, and I personally showed them myself what VN is. Of course there were laughs and some told me I'm insane but it was all there was no problem with it. As well as they've seen the "weird" parts or w/e you call it, I also met them with VNs good parts so it was just another experience for them.

I know that vns are just another source of entertainment, and i love them. But, it will still be awkward (for me anyway) trying to explain why there is a kid named Mare naked on my computer screen.

first not getting caught is very esay, and second it is esay to explain.. just say, its an rpg and youre just havving a talk with the main heroine

Well, the chances of my family actually seeing one of these games on my computer is like zero.

First of all my pc screen is so placed, that you see the back of it when you enter my room, and no one in my family except me can speak english, and I don't have that much VN's which start directly with sex CG's..

But well, just in case I would get caught, well..

Dunno, I'd probably just say that I like this stuff, so I read it.

Actually that is how it is anyway..

Well if someone "catch me" I would tell them what's all about (actually my friends and my wife (no other family members alive :S ) know that I play VNs), now about the "hardest" VN to explain would definetly be some Dark Lilith game or Guro (definetly explaining why I would fap to Guro would be hard as fuck)

Let try not to get caught in the first place

well my roommate knew what I am up to anyway still I would prefer not to have him saw the nukige game

other than that all-age game are fine

as for my family at home?

Have to go with the above comment "It an RPG game where you talk with the main heroine" but if it a ero - scene then I f**ked lol

It's not like it's forbidden to play them or anything, but I prefer not being caught when reading VNs. Everytime my mother enters my room - without even knocking, mind you - I just nonchalantly switch the window to something else or return it to the desktop. Having an overinquisitive parent is really annoying at times. Especially when your mother asks you if that is the kind of game she would play.

Of course, I tell her that it's not her kind of game, seeing that she doesn't know a single bit of English without asking for translation. That, and the adult content. She doesn't know about that though.

My sister knows about and plays through VNs as well for the stories, and my mother has a vague idea of what they're like minus the adult scenes, but other than that I don't really talk about them with others. If a parent walked in on an adult scene and I didn't change it in time, I'd just tell them it's a minor part of the game I have to sit through to enjoy a deep and engaging story. The only one I've played that might be difficult to explain is Saya no Uta, and depending on the scene they walked in on, I really have no idea what I'd say. Probably that there's more to it than meets the eye? I'll just try and avoid that situation, hehe.

It's usually damn hard to catch me because I'm only playing visual novels at the evening. And around this time of day everybody knocks on my door before entering my room. I can easily minimize the window and stay calm. But yeah, from time to time people tend to forget that knocking rule and just run into my room. I'm normally fast enough to close the window (just in case, I'm talking about the comp. one) but those moments are a little bit annoying. And nobody knows my password anyway, I always log off when leaving my laptop, no chance at all. To make it short, it's unlikely that I'll caught.

But let's speak about a what if story. It always depends. If I'm playing a normal scene then I would just say that I like to play such stuff, I'm sure people wouldn't ask about it anyway. As for h's, kind of difficult. I normally skip them anyway (and also don't fap while reading them) but well, I'm not sure how to react. I'd probably close the window asap and hope that he/she didn't see anything. But dammit, this is a fuckin what if story. So if the person sees that naked girl and asks about it then I would explain that visual novels contain sex scenes but I'm playing them for the story. I guess I'd have to hear the next days some stupid comments but what the heck, it's their fault for not seeing the awesomeness of 2D girls. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

well i alwayls take some pre-caution before reading a VN , like putting it on window mode so i can escape faster and some other stuff. Im also alwayls on "alert mode" when reading a VN , in a sense that i would be more aware of my surroundings , so i can re-act in time

I was almost caught a few times , but lucky for me i was fast enough to move to some other page in time.....

• 3 weeks later...
Well, the chances of my family actually seeing one of these games on my computer is like zero.

First of all my pc screen is so placed, that you see the back of it when you enter my room, and no one in my family except me can speak english, and I don't have that much VN's which start directly with sex CG's..

almost the same as me.

im the only one who could understand english in this house.

and i dont like those VN which has more H-scene than story.

and my position give me some time to close the app.

but what if i get caught?

well,if it's normal scene, then i wouldnt be worried,

but if my parents caught me on a H-Scene then....

i dont know,maybe skip the scene, and explain it to them.

but then again, they dont understand english , so it would be hard for them to believe me.

Edited by evenlaist

Only time I've ever been caught in a h-scene (everyone knows I play VNs but they don't know about the H-scenes) was when my brother walked in without me noticing and stared at my screen. All he said was "Oooh you doing her in the ass?"

Only time I've ever been caught in a h-scene (everyone knows I play VNs but they don't know about the H-scenes) was when my brother walked in without me noticing and stared at my screen. All he said was "Oooh you doing her in the ass?"

i hope he didnt blackmailed you or something xD