Visual Novels Translation Status [08/05/2012]

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have finished my part in testing and finding corrections/errors in Harukoi. How much they use and what they use I can't say for certain. Came up with some problems like different translators for a section of scripts that I had to try and 'fix' to match the rest of the VN. I hope I did a good enough job of that so you won't notice too much.

people dont go for best route first...

it kills off the mood to finish it~~~~

I never understood this logic.

"Hey, let's start with the garbage, after that i'm motivated for the good stuff!"

When I start with a bad route the risk that I don't like the game at all is high. When you start with Ciel you won't appreciate Arcueid as much due to all the repetitions. And that would be really,really sad...

Some people don't like to ruin the mood of the VN by going for the best route as they loose incentive to complete the rest of the VN. The same could be said for choosing a bad route to play and hating the VN because of it.

I usually research a VN, pick which characters I like, and play them by randomly drawing their name from a hat.

I agree with you on this Cross. Most of the time I start with the character I like the best, then the one I like the best after this one, etc... Anyway I'm ashamed to say I didn't even know they were doing a remake for Tsukihime I'm gonna search the forum inside out to see if there more infos on this but right now I'm going on Type-Moon website.

1, 2, 3 ... *Dashing toward Type-moon website.*

Personally I'm always troubled by wich heroine to go first.Usually I choose one because of her appearance, but as the game progresses, usually during the common route still I end up liking another heroine more so I switch up midway.

Wich is why I also hate VNs that have choices popping up in your face before they even introduce all heroines.It's like, how the fuck am I supposed to know what I want to do if I don't even know who I'm going for yet?=(

Personally I'm always troubled by wich heroine to go first.Usually I choose one because of her appearance, but as the game progresses, usually during the common route still I end up liking another heroine more so I switch up midway.

Wich is why I also hate VNs that have choices popping up in your face before they even introduce all heroines.It's like, how the fuck am I supposed to know what I want to do if I don't even know who I'm going for yet?=(

Ummm... You might not take to kindly to Harukoi then. Choices pop up very frequently to start. But, before any major route decisions it's pretty obvious what selections you should make to get onto a characters route, and you will have all the character introductions before then.

I am also making a walkthrough for Harukoi for it's release, along with a 100% save file. To help manage all the choices.

Well, I think I overdid it when I said I hate them, it's just that it's annoying.Also, that's only an issue on your first playthrough, any subsequent playthrough won't have that problem obviously.

By the way, best thing about Majikoi S so far : Guile and Gates now have sprites!!!!=OOOO

And Gates looks hilarious lol

Well, I am not a big fan of choices in particular. Especially when they are overdone. Some of the routes in Harukoi.... TOOOO many choices. Some have barely any. I am enjoying Majikoi S too. Always good for the laughs.

Well, I am not a big fan of choices in particular. Especially when they are overdone. Some of the routes in Harukoi.... TOOOO many choices. Some have barely any. I am enjoying Majikoi S too. Always good for the laughs.

I like choices when they're done right.Like, when the choices you make can actually influence the outcome of a certain situation, such as leading to bad ends for example.

I don't like choices when they're like in hoshimemo for example.So, just saying thank you to a girl makes her fall in love with you?Yeah....if only it worked in real life lol.

I like choices when they're done right.Like, when the choices you make can actually influence the outcome of a certain situation, such as leading to bad ends for example.

I don't like choices when they're like in hoshimemo for example.So, just saying thank you to a girl makes her fall in love with you?Yeah....if only it worked in real life lol.

Well, Harukoi has a lot of, what I call them, pointless choices that I can't think of a reason for them being there. There are bad ends which I will have outlined. But really... too many pointless choices that detract from the whole point of them. I like choices that affect which route you plan on going on (just a few to get you started to the route of choice) and then a few choices for during the route to split it between good and bad ends. Like I was counting the choices for good and bad ends for a route on Harukoi. While some choices are repeats and some choices are never seen again, all in all you have to make a 'choice' like 72 times to view all the endings for just this one route.

Edited by strom
Well, Harukoi has a lot of, what I call them, pointless choices that I can think of a reason for them being there. There are bad ends which I will have outlined. But really... too many pointless choices that detract from the whole point of them. I like choices that affect which route you plan on going on (just a few to get you started to the route of choice) and then a few choices for during the route to split it between good and bad ends. Like I was counting the choices for good and bad ends for a route on Harukoi. While some choices are repeats and some choices are never seen again, all in all you have to make a 'choice' like 72 times to view all the endings for just this one route.

Thanks for the hard work... XD

I'll be waiting for it's release... hoho

Usually I choose one because of her appearance, but as the game progresses, usually during the common route still I end up liking another heroine more

I totally know what you're talking about bro. The only thing you can do is playing both routes.

Rance 3 - new translator starting on it

So all current progress has been lost?

Yup. HGTP forum recently died too. Considering that the owner of the website and the leader of the group disappeared, it's safe to say that they're dead.

The Rance VI translator said that he would help the current Rance Quest translator after he was done, so HGTP's death isn't a problem as far as Rance translation goes.

Very pleasant surprise for those playing Majikoi S out there.Apparently Iyo's (Mayuchi's baseball maniac friend) mini route is translated in the Monshiro Patch.

Just tell her that you like baseball when asked then choose the answers that make her react positively, after that tell her you accept to go to the game with her and bam, you're on her route.

I got into her route thinking that it would be some offscreen thing, I didn't have the heart to turn her invitation down lol.