The Visual Novels/Eroge games you like and not like

I have make theard where we can talk about whis VN/Eroge games you like and dont like and sure you can tell me Why you like the game and what you dont like about the game.

The VN i like whas Litte Buster and it whas good story plus the animation whas very good but the annyoing about the game whas at the progranist whas partial voice and not full voice so we couldnt hear the progranist speak trough the game but differnt from that the game whas awasome.

The VN/Eroge i dont like whas Wind Breath Of heart, i didnt feel to play this game at all, the characther whas boring and not so good plus some Of the story whas not good.

I hope somebody whould talk Whit me about whis game you like and dont like

I made this thread so that we can talk about the visual novel we like and the ones we dislike.

My favourite visual novel is Litte Buster because of its good story and animations. Well it was damn annoying that the protagonist was only partial voiced though. But that's the only bad point of this game, the rest was awesome.

A visual novel I dislike is Wind Breath Of heart. The game wasn't able to suck me in, probably because of its boring characters and lame story.

I would be interested in your favourite and least favourite visual novel.

I thought you said that Wind -A Breath of Heart was one of your favorite?

My favorite VN are Litte Buster, Kanon, Wind -A Breath of Heart- and Wanko to Kurasou

Yep, it's probably a hate-love. =D

the worst VN i ever played is water closet:the forbidden chamber.

Now,I can't even remember why i play this VN.It is plainly suck.The voice actor sucks,the CG sucks,the story sucks,everything is just fucking sucks.It is not like i hate scat and pee.It is just that everything is so weird that i can't take it .

My favorite VN is muv-luv and muv-luv alternative.It is the best VN in term of character development IMO.The alternative is so touching that i shed tears of sadness.After finishing this VN,i feel myself a little more mature than before.(maybe i am just exaggerating).

My favorite VN is muv-luv and muv-luv alternative.It is the best VN in term of character development IMO.The alternative is so touching that i shed tears of sadness.After finishing this VN,i feel myself a little more mature than before.(maybe i am just exaggerating).

I always was thinking should i try this VN or not

well after seeing this ,i think i would have to try muv-luv already!

I always was thinking should i try this VN or not

well after seeing this ,i think i would have to try muv-luv already!

Muv-luv is good(the top rated VN in VNDB) . Muv-luv extra and unlimited are a little boring,but they are just setup for alternative.(think of them like clannad anime season 1,which is the setup for AS)Alternative is fucking awesome,u will not be disappointed with this one.

Muv-luv is good(the top rated VN in VNDB) . Muv-luv extra and unlimited are a little boring,but they are just setup for alternative.(think of them like clannad anime season 1,which is the setup for AS)Alternative is fucking awesome,u will not be disappointed with this one.

alright ! , thanks for the info , will be looking forward to it ;)

I love most old eroges, specially True Love. Also Ever 17 and FSN.

And I hate Gun Katana. It was my first experience with eroguro and yaoi (I had no idea there was a shemale in the game and I discovered in the worst way possible -_-'), and I don't intend to repeat it. Besides, the FPS part was boring as hell and the story wasn't good enough (at least the part that my poor Japanese knowledge let me understand) to keep me going through those boring shooting levels.

• 3 weeks later...

Among story-driven VN, I prefer comedy and slice of life eroges, such as Snow Sakura, A Profile, and Flyable Heart, with or without fantasy/sci-fi/other twists, such as My Girlfriend is the President and Kira Kira. I'm strongly turned off by games with excessive utsuge (especially unavoidable downer/bittersweet endings to routes, such as Kanon) and horror content (I wouldn't play Saya No Uta at gunpoint). I like good dating sims, too.

Among nukiges, I like ones where story premise or characters are decent or there is a good comedy element, or the main character has to do at least a little effort to get the girls (e.g. Tottemo Pheromone, Harem Party). I can't stand torture/training ones with unavoidable rape/humiliation, but I fancy mahou shoujo/fighting girl ones with female protagonists that get raped/corrupted by enemies/monsters as the penalty for wrong choices (although without unavoidable RPG elements). Another nukige fetish of mine is sex-change games such as the X-change series (a real pity that Crowd games stopped being translated).

Gore VNs with a deep plot like Saya no Uta are great in my book , also utsuges like Kana little sister and its sort. Im not a huge fan of nukiges unless it is just to take a break from drama plot in VNs. Harem is fine with me as well as rape (oh Rance rape). Also nakiges are good tieeeeems if its done right.

In short the thing that would piss me off the most in any kind of VN with lots of multiple heroines would be not having a single tsundere heroine in it , but thats close to impossible in this day and age.

Gore VNs with a deep plot like Saya no Uta are great in my book , also utsuges like Kana little sister and its sort. Im not a huge fan of nukiges unless it is just to take a break from drama plot in VNs. Harem is fine with me as well as rape (oh Rance rape). Also nakiges are good tieeeeems if its done right.

Well, whatever works for you. I sure don't mind a healthy amount of senseless action-adventure violence and interspecies romance/hot sex with cute monster girls, but a whole world of gore, cannibalism, and mating with eldritch abominations that aim to destroy the world are a couple steps too far in my book, plus I find the whole horror genre rather boring. Sadness for sadness' sake, as apparently typical of many utsuges, also pushes my wrong buttons.

I agree nukiges are great to take a break from story-driven VNs (and vice-versa), although I prefer more comedy than drama in plot. Apart from "lose and be raped" and sex-change stuff, I might also fancy imouto-focused games. There aren't many translated ones though, even if admittedly there is a fair amount of non-blood-related sister heroines in translated VNs.

As for nakige, in moderate amounts. Above all, an optimistic/uplifting ending should always be available with the right choices.

In short the thing that would piss me off the most in any kind of VN with lots of multiple heroines would be not having a single tsundere heroine in it , but thats close to impossible in this day and age.

Yep. And liking tsunderes is one thing we may agree upon. I typically go for the tsundere or sister/childhood friend routes first and foremost.

Edited by Wanderer
Well, whatever works for you. I sure don't mind a healthy amount of senseless action-adventure violence and interspecies romance/hot sex with cute monster girls, but a whole world of gore, cannibalism, and mating with eldritch abominations that aim to destroy the world are a couple steps too far in my book, plus I find the whole horror genre rather boring.

Yep. And liking tsunderes is one thing we may agree upon. I typically go for the tsundere or sister/childhood friend routes first and foremost.

First of all , its great to find yet another tsunderephile. Second , its like you said , cant argue tastes , in the case of Saya no Uta with the whole cannibalism and screwing a mass of tentacles for me its more than just the shock value of it , sure its meant to shock the reader , but it also adds another facet that VNs dont really usually explore , it puts more "dark" into dark in an already heavy psychological plot. As for utsuge sadness shock , it goes beyond than just depressing , though i can understand why that would be a no-go for you and many others , if i was only reading through heavy plotted utsuges all the time i think i'd hate it eventually. In my case i find reading VNs more enjoyable if i cycle VNs by mood periodically.