Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally finished the 1st ep (fucking work -.-).

To start off - the OP is rather messed up, don't know what they were thinking with that image flashing, I like the "Lite OP" much more. The intro gets you up to speed on what Chuunibyou actually is and the MC's background. I would prefer it to be done in a less direct way, but it's not a big deal.

I really like the comedy in this show (even though there's not that much of it yet), the scene with Rikka entering the train was hilarious imo, it looks like Nichijou x Hyouka.

As usual in KyoAni's animation it's about the little details, there was something about Rikka's movement/facial expression animation in the infirmary (don't ask me what, can't explain it xD), it was very well done.

The ED was nothing special, Lite one sucks as well.

I have to note about Yuuta and Rikka's teacher, she's not added on MAL yet, but I'm damn sure that it's Sanae from Clannad (Inoue, Kikuko - MyAnimeList.net).

About the side characters introduced so far - I don't know how relevant they will be in the later episodes, but I don't think they can develop them much in 12 episodes. Doubt that we'll give a shit about them anyway.

The last scene had really great music and a nice feel to it, I'm starting to think that KyoAni can make a whatever scene, put nice music in it and it's gonna be awesome.

Overall I liked the first episode, it had a decent introduction to the characters, some comedy scenes, random interactions which will probably take most of the screen time in the later episodes and a really great ending scene. I just hope that KyoAni put in more comedy then in Hyouka. The premise and the characters are nothing really new. Rikka conveniently moved to the same building as the MC and they conveniently have/had the same "disease". Nevertheless, Rikka is retardedly moe it's almost scary xD.

I see the show going in 2 possible directions - 1. Rikka getting "cured", 2. Yuuta getting into the cosplay thing again. Don't think there will be that much romance though it would be VERY nice if there was.

Looking forward to the weekly torture yet again :>

Edited by killerinsidee
Yeah, the OP was pretty trollish.. my eyes were hurting like hell trying to follow it.

lol i didn't quite like the opening either, too flashy, i kept blinking in order to follow it ( didn't felt good at all )

my favourite scene in episode 1 XD

still hoping to see how well it turns out, even though the plot is abit predictable.

Second Episode is out.

Man, this anime is nothing short of awesome. The fight scene was hilarious as hell and just judging from the first two episodes, I have huge expectations. The quality is tremendous.. at times, I forget that she doesn't really have those powers. The new senapi was pretty funny as well and had some good chemistry with Rikka and Yuuta.... she seems to be really amused by the delusions. Onee-chan wasn't bad herself either :p Also had a good laugh at the very first dream scene. Like I said, great quality so far. Even though they're only 2 episodes in, the characters are nice so far. Also noticed that Rikka has been calling Yuuta "Yuuta" or "Dark Flame Master" since the first episode and Yuuta calls her by her family name instead. It's nice to see that at least she has some awareness of this whereas we see Yuuta either doesn't care or doesn't notice. He's a classic tsundere.

Edited by desi
It did prove different from what I expected.

There's actually no fantasy, it's just an anime about Daily Life and the Syndrome of Eight Grade xD

Still, pretty much worthwhile, lots of fun.

patience my friend...

in almost every anime, ep 1 & 2 is most likely for character introductions...

I agree with desi about this episode and I liked Kumin, though personally I found the first episode slightly better (dat train scene). Both both episodes were great and the pacing was just great in the 2nd ep. I thing is kinds strange to me:

why does Rikka's sister have a recording of Yuuta from 2 years ago ? She said that it was from the balcony when he was doing the cosplay thing, she couldn't have lived there back then though. Maybe she just found it. Also, Kumin said "You're such good friends, did you grow up together?". It sounds a bit fishy to me...or I'm just over thinking it.

I'll leave this here - Dat eye

Edit: Lite ep 3 is out - http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=361091

Edited by killerinsidee
I agree with desi about this episode and I liked Kumin, though personally I found the first episode slightly better (dat train scene). Both both episodes were great and the pacing was just great in the 2nd ep. I thing is kinds strange to me:

why does Rikka's sister have a recording of Yuuta from 2 years ago ? She said that it was from the balcony when he was doing the cosplay thing, she couldn't have lived there back then though. Maybe she just found it. Also, Kumin said "You're such good friends, did you grow up together?". It sounds a bit fishy to me...or I'm just over thinking it.

I'll leave this here - Dat eye

Edit: Lite ep 3 is out - NyaaTorrents >> Torrent Information >> [gg]_Chuunibyou_Demo_Koi_ga_Shitai!_Lite_-_03_[A5917609].mkv | Anime, manga, and music - Just say the word

hohoho...

part of the mystery in this anime I guess...

Another awesome episode. Epic engrish throughout. Definitely had a good laugh with the Rikka and Sanae scene.

Had a good laugh at most of these:

Class reaction in the beginning.

Rubber band shot.

Twin tails spin

Don'tshoooot

Wink at the end.

Yuuta always complains about Rikka, yet he still hangs out with her. Probably because she sort of represents Yuuta's former self and it's a way for Yuuta to experience the nostalgia without actually being the Dark Flame Master. In a way, you might be able to see it as a struggle.. guess we'll see later if he fully embraces it or sets it aside for good. Or they just like being around each other and won't fully admit it yet. Oh yeah, what do you think is Nibutani's motivation for joining that club? Maybe she was like Yuuta and is repressing the delusions... or maybe she just likes him. Probably the last one again.

Edited by desi

Gonna be honest, comedy alone is never enough to interest me in something... well, with some exceptions here and there maybe, but in general it's not. Great storytelling, mystery, intrigue, drama (not heavy psychological drama), interesting romance and happy aftermaths - that's some of the stuff I value most.

But this anime is funny, of course. Funnier than alot of other things I've seen. It's cute comedy. The characters are cute. The animation is fantastic.

That said, it actually does have something more than just comedy. And it shows itself in the last part of the first episode. If you've seen it then you know what I mean. That scene was really sweet. Hopefully, there'll be some more similar situations later on.

Also, the romance bit will probably be very nice after some more episodes aswell.

Oh and, napping club? Everyone in my school was part of that club I think. :rolleyes:

Finally got around to watch the 3rd ep -

best episode so far imo. There was so much comedy that it took like like 45min to watch the episode, due to replaying of the hilarious scenes.The crazy blonde is awesome, gotta love the hair spin scene and the way she says "desu", I'm worried that I'll like her more then Rikka, hopefully not. Think this show almost reached the insanity level of Nichijou, though it will probably surpass it soon. The "fight scene" visuals are getting more and more ridiculous and over the top, I'm wonder how a "serious" fighting anime from KyoAni would look like with those insane visuals.

And now the waiting continues...again :/ . At least Lite ep4 got subbed.

Edited by killerinsidee

Episode 4 -

fuck Nibutani, don't like the personality change. Beside Nubutani turning into a bitch, I loved the Rikka and Sanae's shenanigans - Yutta trolling them with the book xD. Fight scene was epic as usual, my only wish is to see Yutta go Dark Flame Master mode and show them who's boss. The reason for Nibutani to join the club is kinda meh, but I guess this opens a path for her character development (if they can do that in 12 episodes), I still don't like her. Till next week.

Edited by killerinsidee