Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything I wanted to say was already said by killer..

Other than that.. I was right!! Well.. kinda.. When I said that

Nibutai could secretly be a chuunibyou or is like Yuuta(a former chuunibyou victim)

Well.. I think no one remembers me saying that anyway.. XD

Edited by Ryugenzawa

My opinion on this episode

[spoiler=Episode4]I don't really mind the personality change. In fact , I sort of saw it coming. Well.. I didn't totally expect a huge character shift. But now it's pretty much apparent and totally obvious.. now that Yuuta's idealized vision of Nibutani has crashed and burned, the field is totally clear for Rikka to be the main girl... not that anyone didn't think it wasn't going to be her.. it just makes it much easier for the story now since they don't have to put a huge emphasis on rejection since it isn't really that type of anime.

My rambling for the 4th ep.

Had just finished watching the 3rd episode. XD

And for Nibutani, I hope it was this...

"she was like Yuuta and is repressing the delusions"...lol It would be hilarious to see what kind of imagination that she has.

Yes, looks like I guessed right. However, it didn't exactly turns out like the way I thought it would be.

I thought

when they revealed her true intention, that moment will be spectacular/memorable or full with hilarios stuff that would make me laugh. Instead, the revelation moment was downright predictable, boring, and not even interesting. Why do they need to show her reaction when Yuuta mention that the book is in his house is beyond me. For the first half of this episode, I feel like watching something that I know is going to happen, only to see it happening, and then be disappointed with it. >.>

Second half of this episode is about Nibutani and the Mabinogion book. The sudden changes of Nibutani behavior is kind of a gamble imo. There's bound to be people who like the old personality better and people who adapt/accept the current characteristic. Luckily, I like the changes. Yes, here comes "Eiiji female version" into this story. Muahaha. XD But, there's one problem. She's not funny. -.- Which also make the latter half of this ep. not funny enough.

I like the changes, but I hope Nibutani doesn't take the spotlight much for the next episode. I wanted to see more of Touka, Dekomori, and Rikka. This characters provide lulz and cool moment.

P.S. The fighting scenes is getting crazier. I loved it. XD

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf

Episode 5 is out.

Solid episode overall. My heart.

[spoiler=Ep5]Inb4Nibutanihate. She definitely adds a lot to the comedic banter as a second and harsher voice of reason in the group. The second half focused very nicely on Rikka and Yuuta and showed the developing romance and relationship. No big time visuals and battles, just pure character development. I think the question still remains.... is Rikka coming to terms with reality, or is Yuuta coming to terms with Dark Flame Master? Guess we'll find out.

Episode 5...ahhh~~~ (。♥‿♥。)

woah, this totally washed the dreadful ep4 out of my mind~~

oh that ending, oh that face...ah my heart~~~~Rikka is kawaii

Just one thing, I want more Touka. lol

P.S. Unfortunately, there's no awesome fighting scene with fantastic visual this time. But I've got something better. Yaaay \o/

(EP5) DES!

There was alot of DES to be had, atleast in the first half. Much DES! Alot of DES! Love all that, love all that. DES.

Since I care much less about the "battles" and their visuals than the other things in this anime (romance hinting, comedy, character development, rare serious moments), this episode was really good for me.

Oh right, kudos for these two fine specimens: http://i.imgur.com/FE3nL.jpg http://i.imgur.com/nJiq3.jpg APPROVED!

Ep 5 -

Don't have much time to write anything long, so - I loved this episode. Deko vs Shinka is hilarious, Yuuta x Rikka moments were really great in this one and there were sooo much moe and hhhnnnggg moments this time. It seems that Yuuta is slipping back to his old self - he got into "number conversation" with Deko and Rikka and the ending stuff. If Yuuta goes to the "dark side" again, he may convert Shinka as well, that would be nice to see. Once again it took me 1 hour to watch the episode xD

g2g to work - http://s16.postimage.org/ve1c1b9kj/Untitled2.jpg

Edited by killerinsidee

Ep 6 -

as previously stated - nibutani vs dekomori scenes were the best part of this episode. That whole "love letter" thing wasn't all that great imo, I didn't really care much about that side character. The holding hand scene was really nice, even though it came out of nowhere xD. As the show goes on, I feel like it's turning into Nichijou more and more. Next ep = umi/mizugi fest \o/.

Episode 7 is out

[spoiler=Episode7]Damn, for a episode that looked like it was a bit of fan service, this episode truly advanced the plot. What Rikka said in the end was pretty powerful. "Banishment... this world." It looks like her chuunibyou is related to her her inability to move on from the loss of her father. Also, it looks like almost all of them get along better now and are growing closer as friends. Very good episode.

Episode 7 is out

[spoiler=Episode7]Damn, for a episode that looked like it was a bit of fan service, this episode truly advanced the plot. What Rikka said in the end was pretty powerful. "Banishment... this world." It looks like her chuunibyou is related to her her inability to move on from the loss of her father. Also, it looks like almost all of them get along better now and are growing closer as friends. Very good episode.

Yeeees,

[spoiler=EP7]Very good episode indeed. This is what I wanted to see more of... Some nice and serious emotional moments. And there'll be more of it next episode of course. DES.

Alright, finished Episode 7. Touka~~~~!!!♥‿♥

There's some Pillow Sempai fan-service this time, lol, and only a little beach scenes. But the revealing in this episode is totally unexpected. :o I shed a tears at the end of it. (_)

"Banishment... This world!" The pain and the suffering, I can feel it clearly. This phrase has a deep meaning to me now.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf

Ep 7 -

This was a very nice surprise from the "expected umi fanservice episode".

How I look at the show so far: if it was only comedy and random school stuff - it would be awesome, now that it has a deeper plot and some touching/sad moments (getting a Clannad vibe from the great music + sad scenes) it pretty much turned into my top 10 at least. A another thing about this episode - it could have easily been an "11/12" episode, serving as a series final cliffhanger with a resolve on the last episode, yet it was only the 7th ep. Can't wait to see what they have planned for the ending of the show.

As Desi said, the cast is getting along better, even Dekomori and Nibutani are on better terms, kinda. The BGM at 7:50 was so damn nice, it made the scene very touching. Can't wait for the OST to come out.

It goes without saying that this was the best episode so far and I can't find any faults with it. Next Thursday can't come sooner.

Ep 8 -

I can already see the title for this episode on Seventhstyle - "Moeblob in love" xD. Not a whole lot to say about this episode except HHHNNNGGG. Rikka has fallen for Yuuta 100%, now it's his turn (do not disappoint, KyoAni!). I'm guessing that the "romance progression" will stop until like episode 11 since the side characters got kinda neglected for 2 or so episodes.

Once again, the music was really great in this episode, they even put a full song in it (which URW subbed) which was a nice touch.

Lastly, I guess I was right about this, but I'm not 100% sure yet - https://erogegames.com/social/anime-lobby/1376-chuunibyou-demo-koi-ga-shitai-4/#post36896 (the them knowing each other from before high school). There is a very brief flashback scene where a(younger?) normal Rikka is looking at Yuuta in DFM mode, similarly to the scene in episode 1. My speculation about it - Rikka maybe came to visit the town where Yuuta lives after her father died (maybe because her mother lives nearby or something like that). She saw Yuuta doing his DFM routine, thought it was cool and she basically got the "chuunibyou illness" from him to cope with her father's death.

Oh, I forgot - Deko said "Uguu" in the bath, Ayu

Edited by killerinsidee