Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[spoiler=ep8]As killer said, the music in this episode was fantastic. Some nice romantic progression in this episode. Pillow-senpai starting the napping club makes sense now lol... she went to kindergarten where they nap, then she took that habit over to home-schooling, and now she's back in high school where she started the napping club XD Also, her being home-schooled sort of shows why she doesn't mind the chuunibyou-ness from other people... she just sees that as people having their fun :p

EP 9

i liked this ep a whole lot more than the last one. nice to see touka again and explaining just how the hell she can perform those acrobatics so easily. and then the whole thing about Rikka swooning over Yuuta leading to hilarious consequences. And then that ending. I just wonder if nubutani will remain with no love interest for the entire series.hmn.........maybe that dog.

Wooohooo

[spoiler=EP9]The dark singularity was strong in this episode. What a warm and pleasant feeling I got from the ending! A really sweet hug with the evening sun going down in the background. Lovely! I like this stuff. Romaaaaance. Rikka being super moe... and Touka being a cool and funny older sister... as always! des

Edited by Harlequin

[spoiler=ep9]Man, not a weak episode in this entire series, IMO. Deredere Rikka is just funny to watch. I like that not every girl likes the main guy.. definitely a nice breath of fresh air. Guess the plan in the end worked out after all. Nibutani is awesome as always and it was funny seeing her get frustrated at Rikka failing :p And it's nice to see Nibutani and Pillow-senpai cheering them on. It had characters talking about love and ended on a great note. Can't wait for next weeks episode.

HHHHHGGGGNNNNNnnnnnnnnnnnnn... *overloads from moe*

[spoiler=EP10]Wow! Just what I like to see - serious moments. Emotional drama! Romance! It's going to get even more heavy in the last two episodes. AWESOME. Tears will be shed no doubt, with Rikka's mother coming into the picture.

Rikka is soooooooooooooo ultra kawaii. LOVE! http://i.imgur.com/KyVUd.jpg

Oh, and this face of Nibutani is delicious: http://i.imgur.com/S8Gp1.jpg

I'm curious if there'll be something really sweet with Isshiki and Kumin-senpai in the next episodes... I hope so! Des!

"Just the pinky."

*overloads again from massive loveydovey moe*

Harle, that is a great Nibutani image... *bookmarks*

I died of HNNNNG at this episode

[spoiler=ep10]If you've already seen this episode, you don't need me to tell you how good it was or what it was about. This series is very original to me..... they do a great job at avoiding cliche like with Isshiki and Dekomori being told immediately about Yuuta and Rikka's respective feelings. Oh man, I had a great laugh at this scene http://images.4chan.org/a/src/1354744112053.png ... oh yeah, AWESOME music in this episode.. especially in the middle.

P.S: Watch after the ED

Ep 10 -

The 1st half of the episode was so HHHNNNGGG, I got no words for it, really good stuff. The 2nd was a more or less a setup for the last 2 episodes and I'm really glad they didn't go with the "Rikka needs to move away with be to some other city" route. Instead they went with the more drama route - her mom will move in with her (possible "crying like a girl" Clannad moment please). Yuuta has kinda taken the role of Touka, which will be interesting to see because he's "almost-dating" Rikka. The music keeps getting better and better, they keep pulling awesome tracks out of nowhere. Lastly, the Rikka x Dekomori "almost yuri scene" at the start was funny as hell, Dekomori is a closet pervert for sure.

ILGIP.jpg

EP 11

best episode so far in my opinion , less comedy more utsuge , utsuge that is focused not only on Rikka but on pretty much all characters (except isshiki and pillow-senpai obviousy) ...touka is gone , FUCK. i especially liked the part when Yuuta gets angry at dekomori to get her to face reality. i hope kyoani doesnt fuck it up on the last ep , this one is pretty much my favorite.

DAMN...

[spoiler=EP11]Was that a great episode or what! Really interesting development from start to finish. EMOTIONS! I love it. Plenty of seriousness and sadness for everyone. Poor Dekomori, des. The scene that iLT mentioned was nice indeed. Tears

That strangely long moment with the train in the background (15:15 - 15:42) felt very... good and appropriate, actually.

Sad to see Touka leave. But hey, the hugs were really sweet and meaningful at least!

Well, anyway, very much looking forward to the last episode of Chunnibyou. I'm sure it'll be fantastic, considering everything else so far.

Anyone else have a feeling this may end with a not so happy ending? Well' date=' that is just me. It is more likely to have a very happy ending that may put people in tears. Dunno, I am leading into not so happy ending. If it does, he must have tripped the wrong event flag.[/color']

Yep, I feel the same.

Unless them writers set up some good last minute fix for todays "everyone break and go apeshit" thing

then we are heading for a bad end (or normal end at its best.)

Ep 11 -

In addition to what everyone else said, Dekomori sure took crapload of abuse this episode. The crying animation really reminded me of a certain character in a certain field from an another KyoAni anime. The inevitable Deko x Nibutani moment was finally shown, it was rather nice to see. Every character (including Yuuta in the later parts of the episode) thought that it was wrong to change Rikka so suddenly. We'll see where the last ep takes it, but I'm pretty sure that not everyone will end up "just normal" in the end. My wish for the last ep is to see Nibutani in "Mori Summer mode", come on Kyoani! Lastly - while there was almost no comedy in this episode, I thought that Rikka calling other characters "properly" was amusing, especially Sanae-chan and Yuuta-kun xD .

@Hongō Kazuto -

Doubt it's gonna be anything but a happy end tbh. They wouldn't put a depressionfest episode (11th) and follow it up with an another depressionfest one. It would just break off the show's contrast way too much.

Edited by killerinsidee

@Hongō Kazuto -

Doubt it's gonna be anything but a happy end tbh. They wouldn't put a depressionfest episode (11th) and follow it up with an another depressionfest one. It would just break off the show's contrast way too much.

What he said. Cant remember the last time I watched an ending that awesome.

[spoiler=ep11]Damn, what a good episode. Previous comments really explained why it was great. Deko x Nibutani scene was really nice and yeah, I agree with killer about the crying scene from a certain other anime :p Looked exactly like it. Prediction for next episode: Rikka's train gets derailed, Kumin-Senpai is actually the devil incarnate, and Dekomori ends up in a mental asylum. Serious Prediction: A pretty bittersweet ending. Not exactly sure how it's going to go down, but I don't think it's going to be a "rescue" scene.. guess we'll see. Oh, and the VAs did a marvelous job this episode.. seriously.

Hell yes. Don't you think we all want that?

However, let's consider the following:

-This is 90% anime original

-This

sobfest

was built up 3 episodes ago and with careful and proper momentum

(this drama land ep was plotted!)

-It's Kyoani we're talking about

(and they resorted to their trademark crying scene)

I'd love a happy ending, of course. But everything here points to a bittersweet ending... (more bitter than sweet, the way I see it.)

Ep 12

feelsfeelsfeelsfeelsfeelsfeelsfeelsfeelsfeelsfeelsfeelsfeelsfeelsfeelsfeelsfeelsfeelsfeelsfeelsfeelsfeelsfeelsfeelsfeelsfeelsfeelsfeelsfeelsfeelsfeelsfeelsfeelsfeelsfeelsfeelsfeelsfeelsfeelsfeelsfeelsfeelsfeels.....and so on. Seeing dekomori without her pigtails was strange at first but made her more moe , also lulz at Kumin inheriting Rikka's chuunibyou , though that was just her way of getting him to Rikka. And then the feels fest of Yuuta giving in to his dark flame master persona just to get Rikka to say her goodbyes to the Ethereal Horizon (her own metaphor for everything her father meant to her). kyoani , you have done well. /salute

Edited by iLoveTsundere

And so it ends!

[spoiler=EP12]Not exactly a surprising finale, but one that felt good. I had such a big smile on my face during the last minutes of it... Chuunibyou is just a really beautiful anime overall, and that shows to a great extent in this final episode. Preeeetty! That last monologue about eight-grade syndrome was very nice and meaningful.

Dekomori without her twin tails and outside her syndrome was pretty cool. Though she's still more awesome as the DES Saavanto equipped with the Mjolnir Hammer. Oh and, Kumin-senpai possessed by the Second Tyrant's Eye? YES PLEASE! Haha, well it was funny to see anyway.

No Mori Summer, but oh well.

Well, I feel happy now. Chuunibyou was really really great, enough said. From the (few) anime that I've seen so far, it ended up being one of my favourites.

Indeed, everyone has eight-grade syndrome all their lives...