Visual Novels Translation Status [10/21/2012]

There's 5 possibilities, someone recognize some of the pics?

Classified Information - Visual Novel Translation Status - CraneAnime and Ero-jiji's eroge

Unfortunately I do. (¬_¬)

(1st Pic is ....erm I forgot.

(2nd Pic is Marguerite Sphere) Go translate this, I don't care about this VN.

(3rd Pic is Your Diary) Please not this one.

(4th Pic is Hiyoko Strike!) Erm, not this one either.

(5th Pic is Akatoki! -Yume Koso Masare Koi no Mahou-) Definitely not this one, please.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shame because I was really looking forward to this visual novel (mainly because the art seemed gorgeous) but now I'm reluctant. I mean, of course the english in the screenshots is understandable but it's pretty bad imo :(

I think the problem comes from their terrible english, as we can see in the patch release article :

"We are need money for our third secret project. It's all for you guys too. I can assure you it'll benefical for everyone. So please corporating with us, especially if you can't help us by donating."

By the way, I'm french so feel free to correct me if I spell anything wrong. I'm not fluent yet :p

Well... I just played the patch for a bit. Wording and grammar flow completely seem off.

"Please expect it. Since I went all the trouble buying it."

"At least in the day we met, I didn't act like exchanging greeting in our passing 30 minutes when our faces met." - this was the third frigging line

"It can't be. Such thing like the inside is human." - Referring to the chick in the cardboard box

These are just three random ones. There are MANY more.

Same terrible wording from the screenshot tease is there. It's a LITTLE better knowing the context, but it's still terribad.

If you played through the FH translation just fine, this would probably be an upgrade. I think some people will have no problem playing through the current state of the demo patch, but it's really something I personally wouldn't touch. They need a good native English editor to fix some of the grammar flow/wording problems. Of course, the problem still remains about the actual translation. Although I can't judge how accurate the translations are, even all the editing in the world can't fix terrible translations.

Edited by desi

^i agree with desi..

and it does a better translations than FH in a way..

but its still unreadable in terms of proper english >.>

and i counter checked with my chinese patch..and its roughly 90% the same...

though somehow...its better in chinese >.>

Actually, I don't think that those who complain are English elitist. I mean, maybe it's because I'm not a native english speaker but I have a hard time trying to understand the meaning of the sentences quoted by desi from the game. I guess I won't be playing this game even if it's entirely translated :(