Visual Novels Translation Status [10/21/2012]

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't lol, it's cool.

Also, it was a legit question, people who can't speak english very well probably can't understand correct english very well either, but what if what they read was along the same lines of what they speak?Would they be able to understand it better than people who can understand good english?It's curious.

Yes, let's completely change the topic to something relevant and exciting to all of us... REWRITE

Akane Route

Scripts: 0.35/3 (11.63%)

Lines: 1645.88/10440 (15.77%)

KB: 58.33/376.95 (15.47%)

Total Lines: 77138.88/101220 (76.21%)

Yes, let's completely change the topic to something relevant and exciting to all of us... REWRITE

Akane Route

Scripts: 0.35/3 (11.63%)

Lines: 1645.88/10440 (15.77%)

KB: 58.33/376.95 (15.47%)

Total Lines: 77138.88/101220 (76.21%)

Hooray!!

yes, let's completely change the topic to something relevant and exciting to all of us... Rewrite

akane route

scripts: 0.35/3 (11.63%)

lines: 1645.88/10440 (15.77%)

kb: 58.33/376.95 (15.47%)

total lines: 77138.88/101220 (76.21%)

hooray!!

hooray!!

Edited by OneManArmy
I wanted to write HOORAY, so only capital letters, and I tried some stuff, like using the link tag, but I wasn't able to do it. =\

Yeah, that happened to me too before. There's some sort of anti-uppercase filter on this forum. I think it's a conspiracy.

I'm learning japanese and I must admit that it will take a couple of years to read vns. It's easy language but speaking and reading/writing are 2 different things.

How long have you spent so far, if you dont mind me asking? And how much can you actually read and understand?

How long have you spent so far, if you dont mind me asking? And how much can you actually read and understand?

I'm learning for about 4-5 months. My way of learning is harder cuz I started with kanjis. With 2 basic alphabets + maybe 400 kanjis I can read only the most simple sentences because most of vns are using a lot of kanjis. At this point 1 unfamiliar kanji can make all the sentence unreadable. I think it will change after I learn all the kanjis. I don't understand Japanese well because of my way of learning, only basics. Still, as I can speak English I can understand plenty of text written in basic alphabets. English is extremely helpful in Japanese:p

Edited by Ignazzio
anyone feel like giving me a spoiler free summary of rewrite, all the talk about it here has me interested.

Copying the description from vndb for you:

Rewrite is set in the fictional city Kazamatsuri where treeplanting and afforestation have caused the city to become overgrown with trees and flowers in much the same way that other cities are filled by buildings. However, while most of the city appears to be rural, there are many traditional city elements as well. While set in a modern setting, the city also gives off a strange sense of nostalgia. The basis of the story is set in a high school setting. The first half of Rewrite primarily consists of the characters interacting in many everyday, enjoyable scenes. The latter half, however, is more serious, emotional, and carries a sense of mystery to the plot.

As indicated by the title, rewriting is the theme of the game's scenario. The tagline for the game is, "Could it possibly be rewritten, that fate of her's?".