Tamako Market

• 2 weeks later...
Kyoani doing a good job exploiting my weakness to girls with tanned skin.

Heroine with tanned skin, flat chest, tsundere personality and a wheelchair AND she's a blood related imouto.

Is Desi able to resist her? We'll never know...

Edited by OneManArmy
Heroine with tanned skin, flat chest, tsundere personality and a wheelchair AND she's a blood related imouto.

Is Desi able to resist her? We'll never know...

you forgot to add "blood-related imouto"

There we go.

http://sadpanda.us/images/1296093-K7G6O02.jpg

Also, I just have a thing against very large breasts.. no fetish for flat chests here :o

• 2 weeks later...

Finished episode 1 -

To start off, the OP wasn't anything special, overly cutesy and all over the place. At least it wasn't epileptic as the Chunibyou OP v1.0 (it got changed after a few episodes).

As you start off the episode, you'll find the character design to be very similar to that of K-ON and Hyouka, I would say that it's not a good or bad thing, but you may see people say that it's a "K-ON clone" or something along those lines. Overall animation is still great, maybe a bit less detailed then Hyouka, but it's still one of the best you'll see nowadays.

The premise of the show is rather simple and revolves around that bird/chicken or what ever he is, I really didn't like him and he failed to make me laugh as the main comic relief. While it is hinted at the end of the episode that there's some "larger plot" involving the chicken, this episode didn't make me care about that character all that much.

The other main character is Tamako, the girl who everyone in the area(small town?) loves, it's like she won the "Best Girl Ever" award 5 years in a row. KyoAni did a great job at animating her silly expressions and movement, however it seems to me like the seiyuu voicing her can't handle the character in some scenes. It's almost like the expression animation is too good and the voice can't hold up, you may disagree though.

Even though the other 2 girls are listed as "Main" on MAL, they only have around 5 minutes of screen time and don't do much. Apart from them, there is a childhood friend who likes Tamako (it's probably for comic relief only, don't expect much), their fathers, Tamako's loli sister and the rest of the townsfolk. The loli imouto was kinda amusing, but the rest of the cast wasn't anything special, apart from Ono Daisuke voicing the female blonde florist - that was a nice touch. Lastly, the ED was pretty good and very catchy, ED Single please.

Overall, I didn't like this anime as much as I hoped to. The pilot episode didn't get me all that interested in what happens next, while they did attempt to get me hooked with the last few seconds, it didn't work. This anime didn't need such a strong emphasis on the "chicken gimmick". Giving it a few more episodes to see how it develops, but it may the first KyoAni anime which I'll drop.

Edited by killerinsidee