Visual Novels Translation Status [12/23/2012]

Not that interested in RGD, but progress always make me happy so, yay~~!! \o/

Not sure if it's been posted but Craneanime announced a second project, Your Diary and has released a prologue patch for it

Now I am unhappy. If they screw this one up, I'll personally go there and kick their face.

(0)_________________________________(0)

Tenshin Ranman patch Here. I'll check out the quality later to see if they improved.. hopefully they did because of the addition of the native english editor.

Desi, could you please check

Your Diary too?

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks pretty good but that just means it will be easier to read. It's still a machine translation. I could take a machine translation and edit it into sentences that look good, but it still wouldn't improve the quality of the translation itself. You'll probably still be missing a lot with that translation.

Better editing ≠ correct translation.

Bonus2 - Da Capo III 18+ version in the works ? - “Da Capo III” Now An Eroge? | SeventhStyle If that's the case, then MG can actually pick it up, maybe...Assuming that it's not just one of those countless spin-off games instead of an adult version of the original game.

lets wait and see, do hope its true and gets translated

Not sure if it's been posted but Craneanime announced a second project, Your Diary and has released a prologue patch for it and supposedly Tenshin Ranman

first Tenshin Ranman now Your Diary? today is a good day lol

Now I am unhappy. If they screw this one up, I'll personally go there and kick their face.

lets hope it doesnt come to that :rolleyes:

Thanks desi. The translation seems better than before from the screenshots.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7836[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]7837[/ATTACH]

see the translation got better and from this we can hopefully see the same quality put into Your Diary

Edited by udizzle

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7836[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7837[/ATTACH]

Well, at least it's more understandable, even if it's not properly translated I just need to understand what's happening, thanks to years of anime and VNs I have a fair amount of knowledge to know what they are saying by ear, but that's it.

Hope to see the next updates from them.

And lol at the amount of truth in this quote

1. Release All-Ages VN; everyone interested will buy it.

2. Wait a few months.

3. Release the same VN with added 18+ content and/or a new heroine; everyone interested will buy it again.

4. Profit.

And that, kids, is why you shouldn't feel sorry for VN developers when you download their products from your favorite torrent site.

So, Circus is the Activision/EA of the VN community?

Edited by Ryu

Honestly, I don't believe it's machine translation. I just think that the translators don't have a good grasp with English (In which case, yeah, they should have a better grasp with English) They have openly admitted to this. Well... who knows for sure.

Edited by desi

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7836[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7837[/ATTACH]

definitely sounds better..

but..if thats their final editing..

they just a bit better than FH and Aaeru non-MT

Skipped to a random part in the prologue and had the pleasure of reading these sentences.

http://sadpanda.us/images/1314790-SLB0220.jpg

Skipped around a bit more. It's definitely improved from last time, but there are still very questionable sentences. The new English editor isn't all that good. I guess it'll look fine to most people though....

Skipped to a random part in the prologue and had the pleasure of reading these sentences.

http://sadpanda.us/images/1314790-SLB0220.jpg

Skipped around a bit more. It's definitely improved from last time, but there are still very questionable sentences. The new English editor isn't all that good. I guess it'll look fine to most people though....

that sounds so wrong~~

That looks pretty good but that just means it will be easier to read. It's still a machine translation. I could take a machine translation and edit it into sentences that look good, but it still wouldn't improve the quality of the translation itself. You'll probably still be missing a lot with that translation.

Dan goes tsundere lol.

Oh and there's always the chance that the new translation is more awesome than the correct translation.

Honestly, I don't believe it's machine translation. I just think that the translators don't have a good grasp with English (In which case, yeah, they should have a better grasp with English) They have openly admitted to this. Well... who knows for sure.

I'll play it either way.

koestl did a great job translating this VN, 2 thumbs up for him...

Take my thumbs as well.

I guess I won't try their "Your Diary" translation just because I don't want to dl the whole game. I'll read their Tenshin Ranman trial translation though.

upd. Looks like Tenshin Ranman patch is not for the trial version too... well, looks like I've got to wait for the full patch then ^^;

Edited by Chipp12

That's true but then again this is at least readable.Unlike let's say...Flyable heart?If this VN has good english in it and the scenarios actually make sense, even though it might not be a perfect translation it is probably good enough that it doesn't need to be remade, unlike FH.

I agree with this somewhat.My guess is that they're translating the general meaning by themselves and then asking someone better at english, probably a native speaker to retranslate it into better english.

And come on guys, let's face it.These guys were doing a bad job before, but they listened to the community and worked hard to get a better quality translation.Even if the translation isn't perfect, at least their attitude of trying to improve and meeting the community standards is certainly admirable.

And come on guys, let's face it.These guys were doing a bad job before, but they listened to the community and worked hard to get a better quality translation.Even if the translation isn't perfect, at least their attitude of trying to improve and meeting the community standards is certainly admirable.

Only reason why they pulled the previous patch is because the new English editor told them to. Before when people were pointing out mistakes, they were calling some.....people English elitists. I remember it all to well. Oh well, at least it's an improvement nevertheless.

Only reason why they pulled the previous patch is because the new English editor told them to. Before when people were pointing out mistakes, they were calling some.....people English elitists. I remember it all to well. Oh well, at least it's an improvement nevertheless.

Didn't know that.But well, an improvement is an improvement.We shouldn't look at a horse gift in the mouth.

Edited by Soren619

As an English elitist, I feel it is my duty to tell you that that should have been "too."