VISUAL NOVEL OF THE WEEK CONTEST #9 ---the death match ---

VOTE PRECIOUS! VOTES! yes yes you must!  

63 members have voted

1. 1. VOTE PRECIOUS! VOTES! yes yes you must!

• SAYA NO UTA
    • FATE/STAY NIGHT
    • CLANNAD
    • KATAWA SHOUJO
    • HOSHIZORA NO MEMORIA -Wish upon a Shooting Star-
    • MY GIRLFRIEND IS THE PRESIDENT
    • UTAWARERUMONO
    • MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahwawawa... this is rough. I can eliminate some choices right out, still haven't played My Girlfriend is the president, and I couldn't get into either Saya or Hoshizora. Clannad, I did enjoy, but it had some really bad moments, and I don't think it will stack up against the other powerhouses in this poll. Uta was fun, and I quite enjoyed it, but the end was pretty horrible.

So I think in the end, my problem comes down to three VNs I love to death. F/SN, Katawa, and MLA.

Fate was one of the most epic things I've ever experienced. And I love Rin to pieces. However, the adult content felt a bit forced, and the CG art in the h-scenes were lacklustre to me. The story was amazing, and I played every last route, and just sat there overwhelmed after finally seeing the true end.

Katawa was also a great experience. I'm not into slice of life much, but I just couldn't get away from this game. I played through every last route, and loved it. Lilly warms my heart as a character, and she will always be special to me. If I had to think of negatives, It had a few moments that didn't click as well as I might have liked, and there was little to no fantasy or difference from real life.

MLA is the most recent VN that I've read, and it was amazing. I appreciate Sumika, but I'm actually more fond of a couple of the other girls in the game. The h-scenes didn't impress me at all, but the lore blew me out of the water with the depth of the world. Little details and technology were both great, and very slow to take it all in bordering on boredom during some in game lectures. There were so many epic moments, from shock, and combat without really having control over it in a game like situation, and there were the small little animations like blinking eyes, moving mouths, and the cold breath that I've still yet to see in other games.

Ugh a tough choice... I think I have to be honest, and as much as I love Katawa, it seems like it dosen't compare on the plot level of the other two, so I will eliminate it and decide between Fate and Muv-Luv.

I think in the end I was more frustrated with MLA than I was FSN, and MLA effected my emotions quite a bit more than FSN. So while both are really great, I think I have to go with MLA. The plot and lore really pushed me over. The story being FSN was great, and interesting, but it was based more on an almost shounen concept of battle, while MLA had this really great time travel/dimension jumping/harsh as well sci-fi world that you could feel through to your pores.

So yes, after all this, MLA gets my vote.

MVA, despite it's ungodly pacing problems. The political intrigue, three games of character building all climaxing and even the psuedo-science was all amazing. Some of the best production value I've ever seen. Go as far as to say some of the best japanese media ever.

^ no no no best ever japanese media is "one piece".....luffy the troll ftw trolloloololoolololoololololloolololololololo

I used to read One Piece then I start reading and watching what I do now and I never go back

started reading the manga a long time ago, yet.... never got in it (only slightly better then Bleach and Naruto, which I greatly disliked imo...)

well you probably read the fan translated english version which ...well doesn't really give the same atmosphere as the RAW version....

luffy's trolls are awesome in japanese :D

and yeah i also hate bleach and naruto

dont talk bout those anime's that'll never end..

the manga is way better..

though OP is worse than Naruto and Bleach for me..

now..even GINTAMA is unwatchable

Since this is now the quoting area. Just imagine me quoting this 10000 times. Cant say into words how much I agree with this.

Guest loppez

just saying. protagonist is on full retarded mode.

I mean... i left town. some years passed. ok i go back and check "secret place". i am preety sure i will meet the girl i knew. she will be waiting

there for fucking 10 years just to see me again. but no, so sad... she wasn't there. i wonder why?

instead you meet this moon bitch. all dialogs with her look the same. "A: oh hi. who are you? B: shinigami. A: oh. B: yeah.

interesting plot, characters? forget about it.

and if you can endure boring plot and graphic that can kill your eyes... there is more.

your stupid and extremely annoying little sister. you can hear all time her screaming: onii chan! onii chan!

beside you can choose her route and fuck your sister o_O

it is sad that vn like hoshizora is on the same list with fate stay night or clannad.

btw. sorry for my bad english, i know it sucks.

just saying. protagonist is on full retarded mode.

I mean... i left town. some years passed. ok i go back and check "secret place". i am preety sure i will meet the girl i knew. she will be waiting

there for fucking 10 years just to see me again. but no, so sad... she wasn't there. i wonder why?

instead you meet this moon bitch. all dialogs with her look the same. "A: oh hi. who are you? B: shinigami. A: oh. B: yeah.

and if you can endure boring plot and graphic that can kill your eyes... there is more.

your stupid and extremely annoying little sister. you can hear all time her screaming: onii chan! onii chan!

it is sad that vn like hoshizora is on the same list with fate stay night or clannad.

btw. sorry for my bad english, i know it sucks.

again opinions

im amazed you like that terrible manga >.>

i mean RAVE is much better than One Piece..

and both mangaka were the apprentice for Samurai X mangaka..

just see the difference between good art strokes and plots...

unless you used to read BAD ART VN

hey i liked rave master as well one of the first mangas i ever got really into

im just saying again

opinions

Read the true route.

Also just to warn you, that 'I'm back after xx years' setting is pretty common in visual novels.

I do agree that the plot was nothing outstanding (there was some magic though) but the characters were definitely the strongest point of Hoshimemo.

graphic that can kill your eyes

Dude, seriously, buy yourself some glasses or explain why you hate its art.

Well, yeah, she's really annoying but at least always cheerful. But I agree, Chinami annoyed me (partially) as well.

This is totally understandable if you dislike incest. Desi is nevertheless not amused.