[Seiha] Little Witch Romanesque Kickstarter Project

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. fan patches with translations are against games owners.

2. in short (because i am sure you still dont get it): fans use original files to make money without permission. still think it is not piracy?

You make a rather weak case because the patch doesn't contain the game itself.

Piracy its primary reason why they will not have any good profits

They aren't supposed to make any in the first place since they practically don't want gaijins to play their games and neither do they want to sell it to gaijins.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf
fan patches with translations are against games owners. whatever you say, if they dont give you permission, you cant do it. supportin new project is not against law.

so???

all the translation patch that available in this world aint allowed by the owners themselves..

and yet you want to argue for just this little side event??

or you actually flame-baiting me so you can orgasm from my insults to you?????

omg... tell me how many people BUY games just to use transtations patch? this guy lives in a dream or what? maybe in your mind it is not piracy but in real world it is. if some fans gain money for transtations patches without permission then it is a piracy.

then tell me the reason why people gathers here??

all you faggots just want to pirate the stuff (i'll buy if my country allows so)

why bothers and make a big fuss out of everything whne you guys just pirate all the stuff yourself??

heck..i can bet you dont even contribute a penny to Arudoc

in short (because i am sure you still dont get it): fans use original files to make money without permission. still think it is not piracy?

in short..(which i believe you dont even use even the minimal 0.00001% of your brain processor)

you have no reason to make a fuss bout piracy since you were another pirate yourself~

You are the one who should use brain...read my post again and again....when your little brain will start to understand

Piracy its primary reason why they will not have any good profits~~

you were the one who didnt understand..

i did say..."provided the buy the original files"

and yet..you blindly react against my post >.>

so..please read properly before you type

i dont understand the need for you to even react to my post..since you dont even buy original stuff here >>>

This thread has the makings of a wonderful and delicious flamewar. Keep going.

im planning to....

until Ivan come over that is >.>

cant help since he just learning new language..

thats why he cant understand that there aint suppose to have translation patch at first place..

guess Ivan being too kind here XD

They aren't supposed to make any in the first place since they practically don't want gaijins to play their games.

Gaijins >.>

i felt insulted with that word...

anyway..drop to SB

Edited by ultimecea

What's up with that senseless discussion/flamewar anyway?

1. Selling translations/patches/mods is obviously illegal because all of them are using/manipulating original files of the game.

2. To demand/ask for money for the duration until the translation is finished is a totally different thing because contributors are officially paying for the hours of work of the translator(s) and not for the translation itself. Although some people also see this as an illegal action (like kickstarter, apparently).

3. Either way, we'll all download the patch for free, be it legal or not.

im planning to....

until Ivan come over that is >.>

Ivan has better things to do than deleting stupid flamewars.

Edited by OneManArmy
you have no reason to make a fuss bout piracy since you were another pirate yourself~

So he can't make fuss but you can?~~

i-am-the-law.jpg

you were the one who didnt understand..

i did say..."provided the buy the original files"

Use the force (brain) luke....

I say that very few people will buy this vn, others will download torrent~~

Its not very profitable...

I dont belive that you will buy this one...in the end you are registered in this forum... you are one of the "faggot(s) just want to pirate the stuff"

I will remember that when you will create somethink like game/vn/film...then i will translate this and take profits from it....i am sure you will be ok with that

and hell yes i am pirate~~

ARRRRRRRRRRR

Edited by Locutus102
Guest loppez
so???

all the translation patch that available in this world aint allowed by the owners themselves..

and yet you want to argue for just this little side event??

or you actually flame-baiting me so you can orgasm from my insults to you?????

i wanted to make it clear. it is illegal. it is against law. thats all.

then tell me the reason why people gathers here??

all you faggots just want to pirate the stuff (i'll buy if my country allows so)

why bothers and make a big fuss out of everything whne you guys just pirate all the stuff yourself??

heck..i can bet you dont even contribute a penny to Arudoc

again i wanted to make something clear. you wrote stupid thing - that people must buy and use original files to use translations. i cant agree with that, thats why i wrote my post.

in short..(which i believe you dont even use even the minimal 0.00001% of your brain processor)

and again and again. i wanted to make it clear. it is a piracy. you wrote it is not. i cant agree with that.

i didnt write i dont do that. try to understand. it is illegal whatever you say. thats all.

1. Selling translations/patches/mods is obviously illegal because all of them are using/manipulating original files of the game.

2. To demand/ask for money for the duration until the translation is finished is a totally different thing because contributors are officially paying for the hours of work of the translator(s) and not for the translation itself. Although some people also see this as an illegal action (like kickstarter, apparently).

well..ye..but i see no point making a fuss just because he wants some money for his work >>>

Ivan has better things to do than deleting stupid flamewars.

you can trust me..

Ivan will clean the forum soon...

So he can't make fuss but you can?~~

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9081[/ATTACH]

Use the force (brain) luke....

I say that very few people will buy this vn, others will download torrent~~

Its not very profitable...

I dont belive that you will buy this one...in the end you are registered in this forum... you are one of the "faggot(s) just want to pirate the stuff"

i agree i pirate stuff..

but i buy original license stuff like anime because i'll do so to support them

I will remember that when you will create somethink like game/vn/film...then i will translate this and take profits from it....i am sure you will be ok with that

and hell yes i am pirate~~

ARRRRRRRRRRR

i cant wait to see that happens

so???

if you were that good and abide by the law..

then you shouldn't be here...

again i wanted to make something clear. you wrote stupid thing - that people must buy and use original files to use translations. i cant agree with that, thats why i wrote my post.

i didnt write the word "must"

you just making bullshit out from yourself..

i did said "provided they bought the original files" though~

and again and again. i wanted to make it clear. it is a piracy. you wrote it is not. i cant agree with that.

i didnt write i dont do that. try to understand. it is illegal whatever you say. thats all.

i wrote its aint piracy for Arudoc's translations...

its not illegal....

but if you were to claim its illegal..

then heck..go back and cry because all translation patch that you have were illegal

and you need to be mama's boy that always follow the rule~

/me revels in all the hate.

I find it funny that the topic is done and done by now and still there's ways of discussing it , and on a flamewar format no less. Just when i thought the week would be a dull one.

nah..it wont be dull if im involved..

and like what ivan says...

we'll have at least a flamewar a week~~

Edited by ultimecea

Like I've said, it is a weak case. The patch itself doesn't have the original copyrighted material included in it.

Hahaha, like you have the buurain to do it. lulz

Hahaha, like you have the buurain to do it. lulz

It is just simple assumption cus, like you said, i dont think you have the buurain to do these :p

Still i am glad that meybe i will earn some illegal money~~

Weak or strong case...its still illegal.

It is just simple assumption cus, like you said, i dont think you have the buurain to do these :p

Still i am glad that meybe i will earn some illegal money~~

Weak or strong case...its still illegal.

"meybe"

so shut up "loppez"~

Guest loppez

Like I've said, it is a weak case. The patch itself doesn't have the original copyrighted material included in it.

people use original files to make a patch. they don't have permission to do that. patch will influence on original files, it will change a game. they don't have permission to do that. they will make money making patch. it is illegal. i think you are too stupid to understand it.

they can't gain money making something that can change original files. they share it with others too which should tell you kid - it is not legal.

Locutus102 you should know one thing. if you have different oppinion than others here, you are troll/idiot etc. even if you are right. they use so strong arguments, you can't beat it. sorry man. you are the bad guy.

Edited by loppez
people use original files to make a patch. they don't have permission to do that. patch will influence on original files, it will change a game. they don't have permission to do that. they will make money making patch. it is illegal.

I do not think the first two points makes fan translation illegal.

2. To demand/ask for money for the duration until the translation is finished is a totally different thing because contributors are officially paying for the hours of work of the translator

Somewho this post got lost in all that madness.

Edited by bLaZiNgReD
/me revels in all the hate.

I find it funny that the topic is done and done by now and still there's ways of discussing it , and on a flamewar format no less. Just when i thought the week would be a dull one.

Thats what happens when Ultimecea comes into play, he starts flaming around never accepting other people opinion (whether its wrong or right doesnt matter to him, its different to his thats enough) and starts flaming, the moment it happens GTLW comes here after Ultime to support him not making much point either. This happened everywhere many times. Kickstarter project was started, was closed by KS and now we know there most probably wont be more of projects like that. On the other hand we also know that THERE ARE people who would support good translator like Aroduc so they could translate more which he can use if done right. End of topic. Someone close this thread please.

Thats what happens when Ultimecea comes into play, he starts flaming around never accepting other people opinion (whether its wrong or right doesnt matter to him, its different to his thats enough) and starts flaming, the moment it happens GTLW comes here after Ultime to support him not making much point either. This happened everywhere many times. Kickstarter project was started, was closed by KS and now we know there most probably wont be more of projects like that. On the other hand we also know that THERE ARE people who would support good translator like Aroduc so they could translate more which he can use if done right. End of topic. Someone close this thread please.

Wasn't the person who started this the person who said that fan translations are illegal?

I go on a hiatus for 2 days and my thread goes up in flames.

But, just to clarify where the flame war actually started:

haiz...

do you really want to piss me off??

i dont give a damn bout piracy..doesnt that explain why im here??

and did you even finish reading my post??

if you did..please use your brain and try to understand my words in the bracket~

I think it's pretty clear who started it. :p

Wasn't the person who started this the person who said that fan translations are illegal?

By the letter of copyright law, licensees are not allowed to distribute modifications of copyrighted works (e.g., a patch) without permission of the license holder. This is enforced via DMCA procedures. I think the spirited debate in this thread is more centered on morality rather than legality, with the key factor being the license holder's lack of interest in a legitimate release. Is there any reason to enforce a license holder's monopoly of an IP if the license holder has no plan to capitalize on that IP? One could argue that such enforcement runs counter to the entire premise of copyright law, which is to promote the generation and proliferation of ideas, not suppress.

But really, the entire doujinshi market in Japan falls under the category of unlicensed use of copyrighted works (and involves money too). It's not a legal issue until the copyright holder complains.

I'll just quote myself because of obvious reasons.

4. Ivan has better things to do than deleting stupid flamewars.

Wow, quoting yourself feels amazing.