VNs and us (well actually me)

After heading off from the intro thread, making a post asking for recommendations would probably be the next best thing.

I a beginner in playing VNs, but I have started with SHUFFLE! (what prompted me to appear here), and was looking for Fortissimo due to its very appealing soundtrack. Thus I didn't find any translations in progress for Fortissimo (any version) so I decided to post here. Post how you got into VNs, any recommendations, what your currently playing, looking forward to, etc.

Playing:

- SHUFFLE

- Ef a fairy tale of two

- Majikoi (when it finishes patching)

Looking forward to:

- Amagami SS (partial translation)

- fortissimo EXS//Akkord:nächsten Phase (no translation anywhere, really?)

Well, i'm going to be honest and say this should be in the Eroge general section. The Games section is pretty much regarding discussions for anything except VNs/Eroges. It's okay though. fixed now

Playing: Higurashi

Looking forward to (I'll just limit this to translations and only some of them): Comyu, Grisaia sequels, Rewrite FD, Eustia if it ever gets done, I/O, baldr battler sky, subahibi

Edited by desi

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: The next When They Cry, Higurashi Matsuri+Kizuna port, Root Double, I/O, 12Riven, Subahibi, Higanbana 2nd part, Innocent Grey titles, Liar-soft titles, Ace Attorney Investigations 2, Grisaia Meikyuu+Rakuen, Fate/hollow ataraxia, Little Busters EX/ME, Baldr Sky (if that will ever even happen), Comyu, Killer Queen, Sayonara wo Oshiete, Irotoridori no Sekai... etc.

Playing:

Nothing.

Going to play (copy paste from my reading list Ver.1.1):

- Higurashi

- Chaos;Head by Hayashi Naotaka

- Hakuouki ~Shinsengumi Kitan~ *Otome VN

- Sekien no Inganock -What a Beautiful People- by Sakurai Hikaru

- Shikkoku no Sharnoth -What a Beautiful Tomorrow- by Sakurai Hikaru

- YU-NO by Kanno Hiroyuki

- Forest by Hoshizora Meteor

- Moon. by Maeda Jun

Looking forward to (I'll limit this to translations project):

In alphabetical order

12Riven -the Ψcliminal of integral
  • Air (Sheeta version)
  • Aiyoku no Eustia
  • Ayakashibito
  • Coμ - Kuroi Ryuu to Yasashii Oukoku
  • Cannon Ball ~Neko Neko Machine Rage Race!~
  • Cartagra
  • D2B vs Deardrops
  • Furifure
  • Furifure 2
  • Gensou no Avatar
  • Grisaia no Meikyuu
  • Grisaia no Rakuen
  • Hatsusaku
  • Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni - Dai Ni Ya
  • Hikari no Valusia ~What a Beautiful Hopes~
  • Hinomaru
  • I/O
  • Ikikoi
  • Irotoridori no Sekai
  • Kanojotachi no Ryuugi
  • Kara no Shoujo 2
  • Little Witch Romanesque (More Oyari's art is great)
  • PersonA
  • Rewrite Harvest Festa!
  • Rose Guns Days S3 (Ryukishi's best work ever)
  • Sayonara wo Oshiete
  • Seinarukana -The Spirit of Eternity Sword 2-
  • Shinikiss
  • Shi'ei no Sona-Nyl ~what a beautiful memories~
  • Shuukaku no Juunigatsu ~Fuyu~
  • Steins;Gate
  • Subarashiki Hibi ~Furenzoku Sonzai~
  • Supreme Candy
  • Trample on "Schatten!!" ~Kagefumi no Uta~
  • Zoku Satsuriku no Django (Because fucking Urobuchi wrote it)

Baldr Butler Sky isn't here because I've given up any hope on English patch for it.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf

Playing : Higurashi Kai, School Days, Togainu no Chi

(although all of them are currently on hold because these days Rome II and mangas are eating my freetime)

Planning to play : Never7, Rance 3

Looking foward to : Akai Ito, Irotoridori no Sekai, Kourin no Machi, Rewrite Harvest Festa!, Subahibi, Yosuga no Sora, Tayutama, my next salary, hot sex with Dan and Desi (11eyes, Dracu-Riot, Nursery Rhyme, Aiyoku no Eustia as well but their future is unknown...)

Wishlist (includes non-translated games) : onemanarmy's wishlist

Playing: Grisaia, Da Capo

Planning to play: Canvas 2, Wind -a breath of heart-, MinnaDaisukiKozukuriBanchou, Yoake Mae yori Ruri Iro na - Brighter than dawning blue

Looking foward to: 11eyes ~Sin, Damnation and Atonement Girl, 12Riven -the Ψcliminal of integral-, Aoiro Rinne, Cartagra ~Tsuki kurui no Yamai~, Concerto Note, Coμ - Kuroi Ryuu to Yasashii Oukoku, Da Capo 3, Flyable Heart -The future has already begun, Fortune Arterial

And here is my wishlist: nintendo's wishlist

Playing: Tsukihime (taking forever to finish)

Planning to finish (someday) : One to the Radiant season, Family Project, Yume Miru Kusuri, Clannad, Kanon, Kara no Shoujo, Moon.

Looking Foward to: Higanbana Second night, Grisaia sequels, Subarashiki Hibi, Yosuga no Sora.

Currently playing: Grisaia (My God, I didn't find enough time to read that...), Yumina as read n' play...And F/SN...

Next: Higurashi or Umineko series maybe...

Waiting for:

-Rewrite Harvest Festa

-Kara No Shoujo 2

-Comyu...

-Rance 9...(Heck...I play that shit even if it is untranslated like Rance Quest)

so, the first time i watched fate anime(it was in 2006 i think), i was a huge fan of it. One day, searching through the net, i found a sakura H scene from the fate vn! At that time, i knew nothing of vn's. And so, as they say..the rest is history. From that moment on, i dedicated myself to being a holy crusader of vns and um..practiced countless hours in front of the pc.

now, you probably think i'm some guy who faps all the time well..that isn't entirely wrong, but i know my vn list can convince you otherwise : pramit's visual novel list

ahem..

anyway,

currently (actively)playing : Grisaia no Kajitsu

recently finished : sengoku rance

tsumihoroboshi, Minagoroshi (higurashi)

My recommendations : Fate, tsukihime, any KEY vn's you can get your hands on, g senjou no maou, higurashi, muv luv series

Playing: mainly Umineko Chiru and Grisaia no Kajitsu

Next: depends

Looking forward to: mostly, in order

- Subarashiki Hibi: it's a bad approach but I can't help having high expectations for this one

- Cartagra

- Kara no Shoujo 2: more like I'm waiting for it with fear... I wrote more than once that

[Touko alive/dead is a 50-50 but actually for me the worst case scenario, for various reasons, would be one with Touko still alive

- (ex aequo) Comyu, I/O, Sayonara wo Oshiete, Air, Shuukaku no Juunigatsu ~Fuyu~ and Zoku Satsuriku no Django

Edited by Uzuki Sepia

Currently Reading:

-Da Capo III (The hard way, of course = My fractured Japanese+VN reader+giant eng/jap dictionary) might finish it in a year. XD

-Yumina the Ethereal

Looking Forward To:

-Harvest Festa

-Grisaia Sequels

-Supreme Candy

-Da Capo III R (Once MG releases it)

-Toradora PSP

-Kokoro Function (Assuming someone picks it up XD)

-Koichoco

-Mashiro iro

-Flyable Heart (The new TL project)

My Recommendations:

What can I say.. I LOVE romance VN's but I also like Sci-fi and mystery. Based on that:

-Steins;Gate

-Grisaia no Kajitsu

-Sharin no Kuni

-Utawarerumono

-Muv Luv Series (Trilogy)

-CLANNAD

-REWRITE

-KANON

-Da Capo

-Da Capo II

-Hoshizora no Memoria

-Fate/Stay Night

-Kono Oozora Tsubasa wo Hirogete

-Dengeki Stryker

-Snow Sakura

Stay away from:

-Anything by Overdrive (Except for Dengeki Stryker, of course)

-A profile

Welcome aboard dude :3

Edited by Helvetica Standard

Stay away from:

-Anything by Overdrive (Except for Dengeki Stryker, of course)

-A profile

I'm soooo glad no one told me this before or I would have missed good games. (It's not like I would listen to them anyway though.)

Anyway, don't stay away from:

-Grisaia no Kajitsu

-Rewrite

-Sharin no Kuni

-Muv-luv series

-Utawarerumono

unless you've bad taste.

I'm soooo glad no one told me this before or I would have missed good games. (It's not like I would listen to them anyway though.)

-Grisaia no Kajitsu

-Rewrite

-Sharin no Kuni

-Muv-luv series

-Utawarerumono

unless you've bad taste.

Mmmhmm mhhm mhhmm...

that vn is on a list with utawarerumono and muv-luv, so is automatically good

downloading now

I think I should also go out of my way to say that A Profile is actually very good for what it is. However, to enjoy it will depends on why you read A Profile in the first place. If people are looking for a sweet love story (expectation can be really amusing), they're obviously going to be disappointed because of the heroine's circumstances, but that in no way make the actual story less great.

I also don't get all those complaints about Rizu's being very annoying either. She's actually a pretty good imouto character, and her route is the best in A Profile followed by Mio and Miku. In fact, if it wasn't because of G-senjou no Maou true route and the damn epic epilogue, I would say that A Profile is equal to G-sen. Granted, the story and the character isn't for everyone taste and that's the only reason why I don't recommend it to people. An amount of tolerant may be required for some readers.

tl;dr A Profile is great so read it if you think you could handle it. :p

That is all.

-Grisaia no Kajitsu

-Rewrite

-Sharin no Kuni

-Muv-luv series

-Utawarerumono

unless you've bad taste.

Why u copy/pasting my recommendations list!!? XD

and yeah, overdrive sucks! hahaha. It's just personal taste. I'm not exactly holding the dude at gunpoint while saying "don't read those or you die!"