Violet Hill: A Community VN Project - Development

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So there will be an unlockable scene/image/something if you see all the possible routes?

I just noticed Aselia has a bonus ending scene when you complete all the routes and i thought it would be funny, it would be a way to motivate the player to see all the routes even if he doesn't like some heroine (like me who wasn't able to motivate myself to start emelita's route on kamidori)

Edited by Maoh
So there will be an unlockable scene/image/something if you see all the possible routes?

I just noticed Aselia has a bonus ending scene when you complete all the routes and i thought it would be funny, it would be a way to motivate the player to see all the routes even if he doesn't like some heroine (like me who wasn't able to motivate myself to start emelita's route on kamidori)

That's a good idea :D

If I finish the script before January I will include game clear bonus content.

Update: bad news :(

@Geass

@killer

Asked about making a demo build at the Ren'py support forums.

Launching the distribution files locks all content with no possibility of further editing

We'll have to wait till the VN is complete I'm afraid :(

Edit: nevermind someone else at the forums told me of a way to make a demo without risking locking up my files.

(working on it right now)

Edited by Helvetica Standard

^

Can't you like cheat it? Make some lose-lose choice (instead of the one that's normally in the game) that doesn't let you progress further no matter what you do. Then make them both lead to some splash screen that says "look forward to the full game" or something. That should be fine for a demo.

Edit: Nvm then.

Edited by killerinsidee

Connecting....connecting...connecting...

God dammit >.

Also, for the record, I don't mind at all how long it takes for the full game to come out. I'd actually be happier if it came out later but in a more polished form...Games that come out later polished are better than games that come out earlier and are less so...that said if you're confident you can polish everything off by January that's fine

Connecting....connecting...connecting...

God dammit >.

Also, for the record, I don't mind at all how long it takes for the full game to come out. I'd actually be happier if it came out later but in a more polished form...Games that come out later polished are better than games that come out earlier and are less so...that said if you're confident you can polish everything off by January that's fine

We'll, I'm a designer. Perfectionist to the core! x3

If I believe the VN still needs more QC by January I will most certainly delay its release till it's perfect mint for launch.

Update :3

Built a demo! This is Chapter 1, Alpha version XD raw, unedited (please overlook the many mistakes you'll come across XD)

Enjoy!

Looking forward to your feedback

Link to torrent: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=938D34964F65B39B!353&authkey=!ADrebCse-_BSHcw

So basically we're kinda beta testing the game, telling you the bugs and stuff and then giving you feedback?

So basically we're kinda beta testing the game, telling you the bugs and stuff and then giving you feedback?

Nope.

I made this demo at the request of @Geass @killerinside.

You're free to try it and if you'd like, you can tell me what you think about it :3

There's no need to tell me about errors or bugs since this DEMO is an alpha version of chapter 1 XD

Beta testing phase will begin once VN is completed (You can volunteer to be beta tester if you want.)

Screenshots for ambient lights:

Added lightning effects filters for sprites. Now they'll match the background lightning.

http://i.imgur.com/70Lq8Kz.png

Afternoon

http://i.imgur.com/4dSHtRx.png

Night

P.S. it's been a while since the DEMO was released and still no feedback? :'( upupupu...

Is the VN so bad that you prefer not commenting on it? XD

c'mon guys I wan't the stone cold truth! it's better than beating around the bush. :p

P.S. it's been a while since the DEMO was released and still no feedback? :'( upupupu...

Is the VN so bad that you prefer not commenting on it? XD

c'mon guys I wan't the stone cold truth! it's better than beating around the bush. :p

well im still trying to download the torrent. probably should try the derect link thing

alright just finished downloading and iv played the game for about ten minutes and iv got to say it's good not winning any awards but it's still good the music and sound effects are perfect storyline seems interesting. the funny moments are funny. Granted iv only played it for 10 minutes but i figured seeing as how nobody else has posted anything yet i might as well do it early