Violet Hill: A Community VN Project - Development

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Major update:

http://i.imgur.com/hJlj5J8.png

*UI overhaul, I've taylored the textbox to be less simple and more stream-lined. :3

*Side images confirmed (See that massive left panel? yeeeesss, that's the area for side images!)

Please note that while I'm adding side images this doesn't mean side images will match the characters emotions.

there'll only be a side image for telling you who is talking, why? because adding expressions to ALL of the

side images(Those would be "Conditional Side Images") would essentially require to rewrite the entire character wrapping of the script

and i would need to crop and resize the 400+ sprites of the VN to add all those. I simply don't have time for that, sorry :(

Petitions answered: Because I love you, guys

*Xandyr44, our graphic resource provider just sent me 3DCG mods for KIMONO WEAR!!!

Thus, Festival scene is pretty much a done deal.

*Onsen scene is so done too. (I just need your opinions on the matter of censorship: Should I "steam censor" the girls unmentionables? or should I let them go commando and expose their flower petals? Your call.)

Edited by Helvetica Standard

Update:

Sorry for the late update this time, but it was a busy week at work! x3

That said I went all out today and added a bunch of stuff that has been on my mind for a while. Hope you like the new additions :3

*The title screen image will change depending on what route/ending you achieve! :D

http://i.imgur.com/tgWS7Mj.png

Aoki's screen, available if you run into one of the many bad ends at chapter 2. xD

*Bad Ends have their own screen too now, a nice feature for completionists

http://i.imgur.com/snbWK2p.png

Bad end #8 screen, there are several more.

*UI overhaul, again :)

Added several elements to the UI:

http://i.imgur.com/T4aXNdg.png

1. Side Images! :3

2. Added game icon

3. Added mouse cursor

4. Added "click to continue" button

Other updates:

*Script version is 0.50

*Chapters 1 to 6 fully scripted (Chocogami will soon check them followed by desi's/Kaskade's QC)

*Work has been a bitch and other RL stuf has me a bit bogged down, but progress will remain steady, only slower XD

Stay in touch! i lov you guys

Hmm just checking, the text will continue if we click anywhere on the screen ( like most vns ) or only on the continue button?

Did you enabled any other way to continue reading other than mouse clicking? like pressing Enter, mouse scroll down or some auto read feature?

And niiice one on the bad ending screens, i love to get every possible ending before i call a game completed, and is hard to keep a track of every ending you get when there's no clear way to identify them

Hmm just checking, the text will continue if we click anywhere on the screen ( like most vns ) or only on the continue button?

Did you enabled any other way to continue reading other than mouse clicking? like pressing Enter, mouse scroll down or some auto read feature?

And niiice one on the bad ending screens, i love to get every possible ending before i call a game completed, and is hard to keep a track of every ending you get when there's no clear way to identify them

Text will continue if you: click anywhere on the screen/press enter/scroll down with mouse/click on the continue button. All control features are present as well as auto read and skip. :3

O: How long is each chapter right now? An hour ish or more? Just curious.

5, 6 hours per chapter more o less 7000+ lines to work on for each chapter....... LOL, JUST KIDDING!! xD

NOW , SERIOUSLY, EACH CHAPTER LASTS 1+ HOUR, WITH SOME CHAPTERS BEING A LITTLE LONGER.

Condensed framework consists of 12 chapters + Yaoi event arc. I'm 2 chapters away from completing common route, which

will clock at 10 hours approx. Next are the heroines routes: Kanade's and Akane's being the shortest at 3 hours long each.

Yuki's route will be 4 hour-ish and Rin and Satsuki routes will be 5+ hours long each. (30+ hours total).

Update: :3

-Drawing ending screens on my own (yes that means those will be made entirely by me, no placeholders. X3)

-Creating an opening video! :D

Hardest thing ever! but don't worry I'll manage, the most troublesome part will be to sync the music.

The song I'm using for the opening is: Kiri, by Monoral. (Ergo Proxy anime op) For those that haven't heard it, heres a video:

Update:

Here's a sneak peek at one of the several alternate main menu screens :3

This one will appear as your title screen once you clear Kanade's route.

NOTE: These screens were drawn by me using photoshop, custom brushes and a drawing tablet.

Hence they're original. NO PLACEHOLDERS! :D hope you guys like them :)

http://i.imgur.com/qWNxt0A.png

More on this update:

-Each heroine has her own title screen

-There's a special title screen once you clear common route (a la Da Capo III)

-Bad ends share an alternate version of the default title screen, featuring Aoki instead of Rin (see previous posts)

-Normal end has it's own title screen

-Worst end has title screen too

Update:

NOTE: These screens were drawn by me using photoshop, custom brushes and a drawing tablet.

More on this update:

-Bad ends share an alternate version of the default title screen, featuring Aoki instead of Rin (see previous posts)

I love that picture actually, great job! (Now all you need is to use custum backgrounds for EVERYTHING... ;) )

Edited by Chocolatemilkgod
Update:

More on this update:

One simple thing, wonderful artwork and nice little touch to the game to make it look nice. Got to say looking extremely forward to what the completed product will be like

• 2 weeks later...

Update :3

Sorry about the late post but my job's been very demanding recently. XD

I'll keep you guys updated albeit less often.

*Checking of the script (Chapters 1 to 6) Once I'm done checking I'll begin programming chapter 7.

*Editing and proofread will be delayed till Beta (I don't have time to correct the script or apply QC fixes right now)

*All heroine's screens and CG's are ready :D

*Opening Video is 40% done :3

*Script version 0.65

Update :3

Sorry about the late post but my job's been very demanding recently. XD

I'll keep you guys updated albeit less often.

*Checking of the script (Chapters 1 to 6) Once I'm done checking I'll begin programming chapter 7.

*Editing and proofread will be delayed till Beta (I don't have time to correct the script or apply QC fixes right now)

*All heroine's screens and CG's are ready :D

*Opening Video is 40% done :3

*Script version 0.65

Yay, more progress

Update:

More on this update:

Out of curiosity, what tablet did you use?

If the story was in helvetica standard too, that'd be some real meta shit; I think the art community would really take notice. You could always use initials or a pen name I guess... Or just go for it and use your real name, whatever works :p.

EDIT: The advantage of having your real name somewhere makes the copyright easier to enforce (not that it'd be an issue... but yeah).

Edited by Chocolatemilkgod