Random Games

So I just saw a game called New Super Marisa Land being played on AGDQ (Awesome Games Done Quickly)...

It pretty much speaks for itself with just the title of it. It's a 2D platformer like Mario but with Touhou characters, locations and references to previous Touhou games, more or less. I've only briefly played one of the main Touhou games myself so I basically know nothing about Touhou other than that Patchouli is awesome. But even then I'm interested in this platformer because it looks like it's really polished... at least for a fangame. Didn't watch the whole AGDQ speedrun since I figured I might wanna play it myself.

http://doujinstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/eh0v3l.jpg

Also I'm kinda interested in that Clannad spelunker game that Pasa mentioned now that I've actually finished the VN.

Edited by Harlequin
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Game 36: Forward To The Sky

http://i.imgur.com/CYq81rz.png

Once upon a time, there was a great tower in the sky.

People were mining crystal with delight during the prosperous days.

Until that disaster happened…… Time past, the history had been forgotten.

And now, it emerged from the clouds again – the sky tower!

Features:

- Be the saber loli and beat the crap out of skeletons and puzzles

- Relaxing mood, bright art, adventurous but peaceful music, simple control and combat

- Find your path to discover the story in the sky!

Download: ???????

Pics or it didn't happen:

Forward-to-the-Sky-Combat.jpgt6jYFfP.jpgTTS03-570x356.png

• 3 weeks later...

Game 37: Alphadia Genesis

http://i.imgur.com/tiO2VBm.png

Alphadia Genesis chronicles an epic adventure with Fray and his investigative team from

the Archleign Kingdom as they set out to solve a mysterious murder case in a nearby city.

After some initial investigations, Fray and his companions are joined by delegates from the Ghalzabine Kingdom.

This causes tensions to run high, as the Archleign and Ghalzabine Kingdoms have shared an

uneasy relationship since the clone-centric ‘Energi War’ 15 years prior to the joint investigation.

Twists and turns lie await as Fray and his fellow investigators soon discover

that there may be more than meets the eye with this particular case…

Download: Alphadia Genesis

ss_82feb5c142fc0be03900611f9b3dce8978f03f4d.600x338.jpg ss_7e868eedc754287548c8e6ac9eb1f9a036fb7dab.600x338.jpg ss_3e729d1920a9a931b29622dc7edcc87eaa77c1fc.600x338.jpg

Edited by Pasa
  • 1 month later...

Game 38: Woolfe – The Red Hood Diaries

http://i.imgur.com/4tKemnV.png

Woolfe – The Red Hood Diaries is a cinematic fable featuring a vengeful Red Riding Hood.

All grown up, cried out and armed with an axe, our heroine embarks on an odyssey to avenge the death of her parents.

Buckle up for a surprising take on the Red Riding Hood tale as you know it, some good old-fashioned action platforming,

fun combo-based hack ‘n slash combat and rewarding environment puzzles exploring the attractive fantasy universe.

Features:

- A twisted fairy tale story – Our take on the Red Riding Hood legacy is not an ordinary bedtime story.

Four years ago, Red Riding Hood’s father Joseph, lead engineer for Woolfe Industries, died in a work accident.

At least, that’s what his family was told. All grownup, our heroine is ready to unveil the truth and present the bill for her tragic loss.

- A Rich, Visual Experience – Woolfe’s atmospheric artwork lets the player explore a rich fantasy universe centered around a city paralyzed with fear and occupied by tin soldiers. Sneak through the slums, descend into the city sewer system, run through the harbour and escape the city into an evil forest, where gravity, wolves and scary fairies are out to get you.

- 2.5 D Action-Platforming – The tale’s 2.5 D levels combine the simplicity of side scrolling gameplay with three-dimensional puzzles to solve.

- Fast, Axe Wielding Combat – Armed with her trusty axe, Red will need to skillfully execute combos to strike at her foes’ weaknesses.

- Deranged Fairy Tale Enemies – On her journey, Red faces some bloody encounters with “familiar fairytale faces” such as The Pied Piper, tin soldiers, big bad wolves, scary fairies and -of course- her nemesis B.B. Woolfe.

Download: https://kickass.to/woolfe-the-red-hood-diaries-multi7-fitgirl-repack-t10367017.html

woolfe-the-red-hood-diaries.jpg Woolfe.jpg woolfe.jpg

Game 38: Woolfe – The Red Hood Diaries

http://i.imgur.com/4tKemnV.png

Woolfe – The Red Hood Diaries is a cinematic fable featuring a vengeful Red Riding Hood.

All grown up, cried out and armed with an axe, our heroine embarks on an odyssey to avenge the death of her parents.

Buckle up for a surprising take on the Red Riding Hood tale as you know it, some good old-fashioned action platforming,

fun combo-based hack ‘n slash combat and rewarding environment puzzles exploring the attractive fantasy universe.

Features:

- A twisted fairy tale story – Our take on the Red Riding Hood legacy is not an ordinary bedtime story.

Four years ago, Red Riding Hood’s father Joseph, lead engineer for Woolfe Industries, died in a work accident.

At least, that’s what his family was told. All grownup, our heroine is ready to unveil the truth and present the bill for her tragic loss.

- A Rich, Visual Experience – Woolfe’s atmospheric artwork lets the player explore a rich fantasy universe centered around a city paralyzed with fear and occupied by tin soldiers. Sneak through the slums, descend into the city sewer system, run through the harbour and escape the city into an evil forest, where gravity, wolves and scary fairies are out to get you.

- 2.5 D Action-Platforming – The tale’s 2.5 D levels combine the simplicity of side scrolling gameplay with three-dimensional puzzles to solve.

- Fast, Axe Wielding Combat – Armed with her trusty axe, Red will need to skillfully execute combos to strike at her foes’ weaknesses.

- Deranged Fairy Tale Enemies – On her journey, Red faces some bloody encounters with “familiar fairytale faces” such as The Pied Piper, tin soldiers, big bad wolves, scary fairies and -of course- her nemesis B.B. Woolfe.

Download: https://kickass.to/woolfe-the-red-hood-diaries-multi7-fitgirl-repack-t10367017.html

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12014[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]12015[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]12016[/ATTACH]

HOLY fuck,this game is gorgeous ..... ima gonna play it ....be back in a week.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc486/OneManArmy369/dragons_dogma_wallpaper_background_class_game_rpg_sorceror_zpsjemldyzv.jpg

So usually I'm not a huge fan of IGN reviews but this one is actually pretty damn good and also resembles my own opinion on it. I'll write some comments here and there but if you just want to read the review with some additional videos you can click on this link

There aren’t many surprise successes anymore in the risk-averse world of console gaming, but last year Dragon’s Dogma was one of them. It’s an ambitious action-RPG with an excellent combat system, a great sense of adventure, and a suite of technical foibles that make it harder to love than it should be. But at this lower price and with many extra hours of late-game content, which show off the abilities of one of Capcom’s most talented in-house development teams in a new context, Dragon’s Dogma is considerably more attractive this time around.

Dark Arisen includes the full version of Dragon’s Dogma – with a few minor adjustments – as well as a good 10 to 15 hours of new adventuring on a mysterious black island that rises from the sea outside the fishing village of Cassardis. Don’t be fooled by its starting-area placement, though; the new content is very much designed for the post-game, and if you don’t carry over a high-level save file from the original Dragon’s Dogma you’ll get slayed. Actually, even if you’re high-level you’re still very likely to get slayed; Bitterblack Isle’s difficulty sometimes threatens to cross the line between fist-eatingly tough and just plain unfair. That said, I enjoy that type of challenge, even though luck sometimes seems to have more to do with my success than skill.

The new dungeon on Bitterblack Isle is a deeply unpleasant place, in the sense that it does an excellent job at evoking an atmosphere of despair and foreboding. My forays into the depths of locations like the Rotunda of Dread and the Shrine of Futile Truths were tentative, and often ended ignominiously. It looks so foul in places that you can almost smell the stench of death, and for the first hours I was captivated by its bleakness. In its final third, though, there are multiple enemies that can kill you in one hit even if you’re seasoned, which feels deeply unjust; even level 100+ characters can be dispatched immediately. At least out in the open fields of Gransys, you could always run away from whatever creature was kicking your ass. That’s not really an option in these claustrophobic corridors. The temptation is to inch down them, lantern blazing, saving every 35 seconds. Pro-tip: don’t try to take on Death. It pretty much never works out.

When you have a fighting chance, at least, the heart of Dragon’s Dogma’s appeal remains its genuinely great combat. You can be a standard mage, ranger, or warrior to start with, but things get interesting when you’re allowed to start mixing them up in unusual combinations, like a magic archer, and you can switch between classes at will if your current playstyle is getting stale. I like to switch between magic and close-up fighting, casting walls of flame at a chimera in a fabulous sorcerer’s robe one hour and clinging desperately to a cyclops’ leg whilst stabbing at its knees with a sword the next. The challenge is rewarding; victories feel hard-won, and exploration is more exciting when you know that you’re in genuine danger.

-the character creation part of the game is insane, you can even give your character heterochromia

-you can change the appearance and gender of your character during the game

That sense of adventure is what really hooked me on Dragon’s Dogma. Going out into the wilds feels like a real expedition. You must spend time preparing well, gathering knowledge about a quest, and adjusting your party and equipment, because once you’re out there there’s nothing and nobody to save you when night begins to fall. It inspires genuine fear when the sun begins to set and I'm still far from anywhere I can be safe for the night. Visibility fails after dark, and the most dangerous creatures come out of hiding: the undead, the phantasms, and powerful bandits that wait for the cover of darkness before they strike. You never know what’s out there.

But here's a hint: huge monsters that would be bosses in most other games roam the wilds, forcing you to either flee or fight to your last breath at unexpected moments. Climbing these beasts to hack bravely away at their heads as they thrash around brings back good memories of Shadow of the Colossus. At its best it feels like a synthesis of Dark Souls’ challenge and versatility and Monster Hunter’s satisfying physicality.

-fighting those beasts is indeed awesome but it becomes a little bit annoying at the late game because you know you can beat them but you also know it's going to take a loooong time

Dragon’s Dogma’s main problem, aside from those forgivable technical idiosyncrasies, remains the deeply bland fiction and writing that envelop its action-RPG gameplay. The land of Gransys is beautiful and compellingly explorable, but the people and quests that populate it are, for the most part, about as interesting and flavourful as cement. The exception is the ending, which is sublimely bonkers. I didn’t even realise exactly how insane it was when I reviewed it last year. Even thousands of players together have yet to uncover the full range of bizarre permutations.

-the ending is more than just bonkers, it's mindfucking and one of the best game endings I've seen so far

-as for the quests, yeah, pretty repetitive but I didn't mind them because the quests were for me just a reason to explore another part of the amazing looking world (not the caves though, most of them are ugly)

The only interesting characters are the Pawns, which managed to make me care about their fates. These A.I.-controlled interdimensional mercenaries help out in combat, making Dragon’s Dogma feel a little like an offline MMO – which is great in fights, and makes exploration feel less lonely, but unlike human companions they endlessly spout the same soundbites. That's annoying, but not so much that I didn't find myself forming irrational attachments despite their total absence of personality – letting go of faithful Raymundo at level 27 when he just couldn’t hack it anymore was a sad moment.

-it really depends how you look at those pawns because for me there were just tools to fight my enemies, I only felt attached to the main pawn

-you have to switch pawns very often in the game, because they will have your level when hired but can't level up, and that's definitely a good thing because new characters, even if they have no personality whatsoever, are really refreshing

-due to the massive char creation machanics you'll find so many different looking pawns that you want to cry out of happiness

While the overall trend is an increase in difficulty, Dark Arisen makes a small and overall wise concession to convenience with the addition of just a few extra Ferrystones, which transport you back to the capital or to a Portcrystal that you’ve placed yourself out in the wilds. I was reluctant at first, as exploration is such a crucial aspect of Dragon’s Dogma and I never found its long treks dull, but found that I only used fast-travel in emergencies. Ferrystones are still rare enough that it never becomes a go-to method of transportation.

-I didn't use those teleportation stones a whole lot either because like he just said, they are expensive and rare so you'll have to run quite a bit from time to time and for some people this may be annoying

What’s disappointing is that I saw no changes from a technical standpoint. Even after an install on the Xbox 360 there’s a lot of pop-in, and the framerate struggles when there are more than a few enemies on screen. Frequently you’ll sprint through the capital and stand outside a shop for a good five to 10 seconds before its occupants have time to stream in. Larger enemies clip through scenery, and not all the equipment plays nice with the character models; if you’re a mystic knight, your character’s elbow will frequently poke through their shield. The PS3 version performs better in terms of framerate, but it still has the same issues with character models and animation.

-I played it on the 360 and I've absolutely no idea what he's talking about besides that "before occupants have time to steam in" thingy

-if you can go for the PS3 version btw, looks smoother (although the 360 version has more grass for some reason)

Really, it’s new players for whom Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen holds the best value: it’s a bigger, better version of one of last year’s most interesting games at a great price. But getting all the way through this expansion content is an endurance test, and not always an enjoyable one. I was forced to give up before the end, and I would venture that will be the case for all but the most dedicated of players. It's those players, who've put the most time into Dragon's Dogma, who will feel rewarded by the expansive new challenges in Bitterblack Isle.

It’s fan service, but it also shows the development team applying its talents in a different context to the original game, creating a tightly designed dungeon crawl rather than the open world of Gransys (which is so ambitious that it often rubs up against technical limitations.) For anyone who loved Dark Souls or the original Dragon’s Dogma, it’s a tantalising glimpse of what a sequel – or perhaps Deep Down – might have to offer.

-comparing DD with DS is just wrong though, just believe me, they are totally different and DD doesn't feel like DS at all

It’s difficult to argue that Dragon’s Dogma is a universally great game. It’s great at combat and exploration, but the quests are often boring, the fiction is turgid and its technical problems are unignorable. But it’s a very good game, and it’s so interesting that I’m inclined to forgive most of its problems because it succeeds in such important ways. The Dark Arisen expansion content pushes the boundaries of fairness towards the end and saves its best rewards for the most dedicated, but in terms of design and ambience it’s an encouraging indication of what this talented team might come up with next. At this budget price, Dragon’s Dogma is absolutely worth a try.

• 1 month later...

Game 39: DEX

http://www.ultraimg.com/images/headere1d89.jpg

Discover the truth behind an enigmatic AI striving to reach the Singularity,

a theoretical “event horizon” in which artificial intelligence will surpass human intelligence

and all bets about the future will be off. How will you play your part in the story?

Explore the futuristic city of Harbor Prime and meet its many inhabitants,

answer the challenges the city has to offer, roam the neon-lit streets,

and augment your character with skills and implants.

Download: https://kickass.to/dex-codex-t10614249.html

sP25MsN.jpg Iql40Ve.jpg Hzqg7YV.jpg

• 3 months later...
Game 36: Forward To The Sky

http://i.imgur.com/CYq81rz.png

Once upon a time, there was a great tower in the sky.

People were mining crystal with delight during the prosperous days.

Until that disaster happened…… Time past, the history had been forgotten.

And now, it emerged from the clouds again – the sky tower!

Features:

- Be the saber loli and beat the crap out of skeletons and puzzles

- Relaxing mood, bright art, adventurous but peaceful music, simple control and combat

- Find your path to discover the story in the sky!

Download: ???????

Pics or it didn't happen:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11951[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11952[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11953[/ATTACH]

Download: DDGAMEZ,Forward.to.the.Sky-POSTMORTEM.rar - FileFactory

• 2 weeks later...

Game 40: Leo's Fortune

http://i.imgur.com/zaCJeho.png

“I just returned home to find all my gold has been stolen! For some devious purpose, the thief has dropped pieces of my gold like breadcrumbs through the woods. Despite this pickle of a trap, I am left with no choice but to follow the trail. Whatever lies ahead, I must recover my fortune.” -Leopold

- VOYAGE through lush environments from mossy forests and arid deserts, to pirate cities and snowy mountains.

- SURVIVE vicious traps and solve physics-based puzzles through 24 levels of treacherous adventure.

- FOLLOW the trail of gold and uncover the truth behind Leo’s stolen fortune.

Download: https://kat.cr/leos-fortune-hd-edition-plaza-t11223451.html

AVxxVC1.jpg DhFSAEf.jpg j89yB48.png

• 4 months later...
Game 15: Precure-ACT

http://doujinstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/p00.jpg

Play as Honokaand Nagisa in this 2D side scrolling action game!

Featuring full voice and adjustable difficulty for ease of play.

This doujin game is based on the Pretty Cure anime.

Game Download: DepositFiles

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11222[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]11223[/ATTACH]

• 10 months later...

just curious if there are any games that have a lot of player freedom, similar to how the rance spinnoff is (Kichikuou Rance) not looking for another king thing though. plus sorry im posting this here but since you are saying games you find interesting i thought this would be a good place to ask someone.

• 4 months later...
Quite an interesting thread, how come I didn't see this one sooner? :D Pasa, you have become inactive here?

Ye, but I guess I should post some more stuff when I have time.

• 1 year later...