Visual Novels Translation Status [07/06/2014]

Whatever. I never got my previous question answered, does anyone know about other blogs/social media sites taht Kurukuru Fanatic is being posted on? I checked the link to the guy's blog and twitter on the VNDB site, but he seems to not update it. Anyone know a current %?

You could always just read it raw. Unless I'm misunderstanding something, you seem to have a decent amount of knowledge of the Japanese language, so why not use it? I think you should be apple to read it. Also, it's not that long.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know everyone is super hyped about the whole Steam thing, but am I the only one here that seriously thinks they're going to royally fuck it up?

Yes, you're the only one.

In what VN H-scenes are critically plot relevant? uuuuuuuuuuuuuh...wait. I'd have to research that...

Yes, you're the only one.

In what VN H-scenes are critically plot relevant? uuuuuuuuuuuuuh...wait. I'd have to research that...

some other vn's that are already (at least mostly) translated use H-scenes as a large plot point,

such as Christiane from majikoi the main reason they stuck together is cause he screwed her brains out.

tsukihime while not a major part, its used to put reality into what Shiki is going through (havn't read it in a while so i can't go into details but those who have read it will probably get what i mean) and Kono Oozora ni Tsubasa wo Hirogete, while probably not meant to be serious, they did make a (semi) harem route (if you can call 2 people a harem) also in the same game Ageha's route uses H-scenes as a large part for conveying the situation and feelings.

Edited by leonzell

^ You probably should have spoiler tagged it. Oh well.

in what VN H-scenes are critically plot relevant?

Let me try. How about Saya no Uta?

some other vn's that are already (at least mostly) translated use H-scenes as a large plot point, such as [spoiler=Majikoi]Christiane from majikoi the main reason they stuck together is cause he screwed her brains out.

Which turned out to be a big middle finger for character consistency seeing how it went against his established character.

[spoiler=Majikoi]Yamato the Rapist. hurr hurr

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf
You could always just read it raw. Unless I'm misunderstanding something, you seem to have a decent amount of knowledge of the Japanese language, so why not use it? I think you should be apple to read it. Also, it's not that long.

My knowledge is decent, but I wouldn't feel comfortable translating an entire VN, even for myself. I took several years of it back in High School, but the only other place I can practice/speak it is with my dorm mate (he's Japanese native), who usually just sticks to English anyway so he doesn't have to switch back and forth so much. It's not that I couldn't, it's just that I don't want to have to worry about that while trying to enjoy myself.

My knowledge is decent, but I wouldn't feel comfortable translating an entire VN, even for myself. I took several years of it back in High School, but the only other place I can practice/speak it is with my dorm mate (he's Japanese native), who usually just sticks to English anyway so he doesn't have to switch back and forth so much. It's not that I couldn't, it's just that I don't want to have to worry about that while trying to enjoy myself.

You could always just read it raw.

Reading = translating now???

Unless I'm misunderstanding something
Well, what do you know, reading raw VNs can help improve your Japanese, man. :D

Oh you're definitely right, but I wouldn't trust my humble skills to be able to enjoy a VN. I might consider re-reading something after reading the original though, that is a good idea.

Oh you're definitely right, but I wouldn't trust my humble skills to be able to enjoy a VN. I might consider re-reading something after reading the original though, that is a good idea.

But surerly you must have good knowlegde, after all you were able to read more than 200 VN's

out of the over 200 I've played.

I would definitely not call that humble, you should just go on and read more raw VN's

But surerly you must have good knowlegde, after all you were able to read more than 200 VN's

I would definitely not call that humble, you should just go on and read more raw VN's

Yes but all of the ones I've read have been in English... thus far. Last night I actually did start a short nukige without translating it (Pick Me Honey), since I've already played each route and I know the game fairly well. It was actually one of my first visual novels. I think next I want to try the Ikusa series and Sexfriend, I saw the OVAs and figured I'd give them a shot :p

Sooo, someday this year probably ? Not bad, I hope we will get them without problems.

Nah, you read it wrong. All the ones starting from Nitro are for 2015 and after since the ones before that were the ones planned for 2014.

Fucking-A, Lv1's been releasing stuff from gender-bender, to extreme mammaries, to trap BL. Is there anything they wouldn't translate?

Rhetorical question. Something vanilla, perhaps? Or something big, with decent plot content (no, not these kinds of plot.)

Edit: Just a little derailment, would a trap protagonist fucking trap heroes/heroines constitute as BL?

Edited by evollove

It's a weird thing. The protagonist is a trap and the heroines are traps.

Yuri on the surface but Yaoi deep inside.

A trap through and through.

Obligatory:

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs4/i/2004/220/f/c/Admiral_Ackbar_Portrait.jpg