Upcoming Titles (Discussion)

I figured I would post some up and coming titles so they could be discussed and people could decide whether or not they want to buy them and what they think about them.

Mass Effect 3 (RPG/Science Fiction) -Basic Plot- The story is the 'epic conclusion' to the story started in Mass Effect and continued in Mass Effect 2, as well as the conclusion of Commander Shepard's story. Throughout Mass Effect 3, Commander Shepard will be bringing the civilisations of the galaxy together as allies to take back Earth and repel the Reaper invasion. The player's choices throughout not only Mass Effect 3, but the entire trilogy, will affect the fate of these civilizations and the endings the player can receive.

Diablo 3 (RPG, Dark Fantasy/Horror) -Basic Plot- Twenty years have passed since the destruction of the Worldstone, the ending of Diablo II:Lord of Destruction. The world of Sanctuary was prepared for an invasion from the Burning Hells. However, the invasion never happened, prompting Deckard Cain to seek information as to why.

BioShock Infinite (FPS/Action/Science Fiction) -Basic Plot- The events of the game take place in 1912. The player assumes the identity of Booker DeWitt, a disgraced former agent of the Pinkerton National Detective Agency, who was dismissed for behavior beyond the acceptable bounds of the Agency. He is hired by mysterious individuals, aware of Columbia's location, and tasked to infiltrate the air-city and rescue a young woman named Elizabeth, who has been held aboard the air-city for the last twelve years. Though Booker finds Elizabeth easily enough, he quickly discovers that Elizabeth is central to the civil war raging in the city as each faction seeks to use Elizabeth to turn the tide of the conflict in their favor; the Founders believe Elizabeth's powers can help end the conflict and place them back in control, while the Vox Populi would rather kill Elizabeth than allow the Founders to get their hands on her, believing a prophecy that if Elizabeth falls, so does Columbia. Booker and Elizabeth are forced to trust each other in order to escape.

Starcraft 2 Heart of the Swarm (RTS/Science Fiction) -Basic Plot- The plot of Heart of the Swarm begins where Wings of Liberty left off. It will focus on the Zerg race and feature Sarah Kerrigan as the protagonist, and anti-hero. The campaign begins with Kerrigan's quest to assume leadership of the swarm in her regained human form, and exact her revenge on Arcturus Mengsk, Emperor of the Terran Dominion. The Zerg have split into several factions without her leadership, and she must take control of the various rival broods, headed by powerful queens, while General Warfield of the Dominion is attempting to eradicate the Zerg on Char.

Guild Wars 2 (MMORPG/Fantasy) -Basic Plot-The Guild Wars 2 story is set about 250 years after the events in the Eye of the North expansion. The world of Tyria is drastically changed from its original form. Many of these changes are caused by Elder Dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber. The first of the dragons, Primordus, awoke fifty years after Eye of the North and took over the Depths of Tyria, driving the asura, skritt and other creatures to the surface. After another fifty years, Jormag arose in the Far Shiverpeaks, shattering the mountains and pushed the norn south into the Northern Shiverpeaks; a third dragon, Zhaitan, woke up underneath the sunken holy city of Arah in the ruined kingdom of Orr and rose it above the sea again and it severed the sea route to Cantha and Elona. Finally, Kralkatorrik awoke in the Charr Homelands and flew over Ascalon, creating the Dragonbrand as it traveled to the Crystal Desert, cutting off land access to Elona. An unnamed dragon awoke in the deepest seas as well, but has not directly influenced Tyria. (More at Guild Wars 2 - Guild Wars Wiki (GWW))

Personally I am most excited for is Mass Effect 3. Personally I think Mass Effect is like the best universe out there so that is why I'm so excited for it. So what do you guys think

I will add and remove games once they are released and once more titles are coming out.

Well the reason I'm so excited for Mass Effect 3 is because of your ability to import your characters... They say the choices you made in the first two are going to have massive impacts in the following ones because there not making another so they dont have to leave the endings a certain way.

Well the reason I'm so excited for Mass Effect 3 is because of your ability to import your characters... They say the choices you made in the first two are going to have massive impacts in the following ones because there not making another so they dont have to leave the endings a certain way.

Yup, i got 6 shepards, who started their story in ME1 and are waiting to finish it all in ME3

I'm looking forward to Mass Effect 3 the most. If it's as good as the other two I'll easily play five or so runs of it back to back, which leaves little room for other games.

At some point I'll also buy Heart of the Swarm for the campaign and so that I'll know what's up when someone breaks the new units out in a pro game. Esports!

I only have two. A male who promoted justice and a crazy female that just wanted to kick everyone's ass. Both characters had their awesome points. :3

Good to know that iam not the only one with my shepards like that.

I'm looking forward to Mass Effect 3 the most. If it's as good as the other two I'll easily play five or so runs of it back to back, which leaves little room for other games.

ME3 will be released soon, for Diablo3 it is "early 2012" whatever that means. Probably wont play ME3 multiplayertoo much, like in Diablo it is a MUST HAVE. Although there were times when i played Diablo 1&2 singleplayer. That time didnt know internet existed.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For some the first game was the best, I think so too but I just don't like the battle system of Witcher 1, in witcher 2 they implemented a kind of Fable:The Lost Chapters battle system wich is a huge improvement for me.

So yeah, it's totally worth trying the 2nd game, besides, Geralt is badass lol.

• 4 weeks later...
That depends entirely on how willing you are to be forced by your RPG into a specific role and gender.

Hmm yeah... I'm a little jaded on that... after so much Skyrim and sorts. I need a new genre for a bit, maybe racing...

Hmm yeah... I'm a little jaded on that... after so much Skyrim and sorts. I need a new genre for a bit, maybe racing...

let me help you with that

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/41/Big_Rigs_-_Over_the_Road_Racing_Coverart.png/245px-Big_Rigs_-_Over_the_Road_Racing_Coverart.png

let me help you with that

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/41/Big_Rigs_-_Over_the_Road_Racing_Coverart.png/245px-Big_Rigs_-_Over_the_Road_Racing_Coverart.png

I was gonna do this

but when I glance at the pic I realized you were trolling :p