What kind of eroge do you NOT play, ever?

What kinds of eroge do you avoid?  

236 members have voted

1. 1. What kinds of eroge do you avoid?

• NTR
    • Nukige
    • Visual Novels
    • non-Visual Novel games
    • Rape
    • Tentacles
    • Poorly drawn games
    • All Eroge (You just play all ages games)
    • Old games
    • Other

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean with that? Old art, or bad art?

What's that?

First of all: The older VN's are much better than the new ones (in my opinion)

Second: Just because the art isn't so good doesn't mean the VN is bad

What's that?

My comment but well, let me explain it myself. If you would compare two visual novels, one from 2000 and one from 2010, the older visual novel could still have a better/more fitting art than the newer one. I mean sure, visual novels from 2010 have usually a more detailed art but this doesn't mean that you have to like it.

Does somebody understand me?

well, everyone has their on taste and standards.... but as for my opinion, some old VNs are much better than the new ones... Literally speaking, almost all new VNs have a predictable plot unlike old ones which will make your mind twist... for example, tsukihime...

Not all old art is bad, it's all just a personal taste of style. For example, the art for Eve Burst Error is perfectly alright, the style is just very old and quite different from what is expected now a days, and that was released in 1995. Higurashi, which was released in 2002... yeah, that art isn't good. It just.... NO.... You could say that since it was a doujin game it gets a pass, but Fate/Stay Night came from a douhin group, came out the next year, and its art is much better (granted, much improved from the giraffe necks of Tsukihime).

... I don't even know why I am replying to this. Personal taste in style does not make art bad I guess.

Well looks are real good for first impressions. It's hard for me to get to the good parts of the story when I get the "this crap is old or crappy" feeling and is pretty hard to get past that. Like I stuck through Tsukihime since I was hoping for a good story like F/SN and I glad I did stick through even though the graphics too a while to get used to until I got to the point where I could ignore that fact that it looks bad. But this other game called..... something something "Demonbane" (I can't remember the name). I got maybe.... an hour into it before I just dropped it since my mind was screaming "this shit is old!!!"

So when I have no idea on what to expect, I continue on based on my first impressions of it and looks really are a big factor weather I notice it is or not.

I get where you are coming from superBlast. I greatly enjoyed the Higurashi games but... well, eventually I just couldn't TAKE the art and got the sprite patches for them. The age doesn't bother me at all, and resolution and other things don't as much as others, but a first impression is VERY important. I recently got hold of the translated Manken! ... and I HATE that I can only play with the keyboard.

It's stupid and petty but it is ANNOYING ME SO MUCH I am having a very hard time enjoying it. (The localization should bother me more, but this small thing is worse to me)

Not all old art is bad, it's all just a personal taste of style. For example, the art for Eve Burst Error is perfectly alright, the style is just very old and quite different from what is expected now a days, and that was released in 1995.

This sums it up.

Old art ≠ bad art

Gotta stay away from dat tentacle shizz especially when mixed with Rape ( which is probably 90% of the time )

As for the old art it depends on who the artist was, I enjoy Lupin the III and that stuff dates back to 1971.

Gotta stay away from dat tentacle shizz especially when mixed with Rape ( which is probably 90% of the time )

As for the old art it depends on who the artist was, I enjoy Lupin the III and that stuff dates back to 1971.

Yeah..

I played discipline once, Which had some pretty bad scenes in it, Main character being blackmailed and forced to have sex with people he has never met, ect.

Didnt enjoy it very much.

Yeah..

I played discipline once, Which had some pretty bad scenes in it, Main character being blackmailed and forced to have sex with people he has never met, ect.

Didnt enjoy it very much.

Also included in there is an idiotic guy who had undergone sex transplant just to please the girl he loves. uuuurghh... I practically skipped the H scene with him as the main character's partner.

Depends on which visual novel you are comparing to.

Nah I was just saying that old art isn't automatically bad art.

I've nothing against tentacles but rape's just horrible. And switch the 90% with 99%. Makes no sense to fuck with a tentancle monster of one's own free will.

I've nothing against tentacles but rape's just horrible. And switch the 90% with 99%. Makes no sense to fuck with a tentancle monster of one's own free will.

That sounds kinda logical ...