What is the last eroge you finished, and what do you think about it?

finished Shikkoku no Sharnoth -What a Beautiful Tomorrow-

i must say, apart from the semi-frustrating minigame(that i can skip, i know) and the sluggish start, i liked this vn quite a lot. The story, the characters

What happened to Heinz Heger, i did not understand his part in the story, he was simply a agent of the society wishing for sharnoth? I expected the story to have his part just like the other chars.

, the art, music, were all to my liking. I feel like i would have understood more if i read some of the...reference materials?

For the mini-game, act 3 mini-game was the best imo.

in act 3, what i did was use the wider edge's(two spaces width) to escape and get to the center. For the rest, i just ran around and followed my instincts. The fairy minions moves 2 spaces, but in the last stage they moved 3. The random events screwed me occasionally. The position of the voices do not change, so one can just repeat it enough times to get it done

I give this a 8.8/10

Edited by pramit
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

finished Shikkoku no Sharnoth -What a Beautiful Tomorrow-

i must say, apart from the semi-frustrating minigame(that i can skip, i know) and the sluggish start, i liked this vn quite a lot. The story, the characters

What happened to Heinz Heger, i did not understand his part in the story, he was simply a agent of the society wishing for sharnoth? I expected the story to have his part just like the other chars.

, the art, music, were all to my liking. I feel like i would have understood more if i read some of the...reference materials?

For the mini-game, act 3 mini-game was the best imo.

in act 3, what i did was use the wider edge's(two spaces width) to escape and get to the center. For the rest, i just ran around and followed my instincts. The fairy minions moves 2 spaces, but in the last stage they moved 3. The random events screwed me occasionally. The position of the voices do not change, so one can just repeat it enough times to get it done

I give this a 8.8/10

[spoiler=pramit] Heinz Heger was attempting to stop the future rise of Adolf Hitler ('the fuhrer that will never rise now') with stopping time and making it to sharnoth, but after that I had expected more too I admit... Nonetheless liked or even kinda loved the ending myself

Edited by radiantmadness
Guest loppez

i finished eustia route (Aiyoku no Eustia). game is good. i like this graphic style. plot is decent. i would give 7 or 7+ but eustia ending was fucking stupid! fuck people who made it.

Done with Muv-Luv Unlimited. I have to say that I was very dissappointed at how the story withered after a great beginning:

A nice military story turned out to be a harem drama similar to the one in Extra. BETA didn't appear even once albeit they were the main point of the whole game. Also, I can't understand why they made all the endings identical.

That being said, I admit that the idea of the story was excellent and the endings were beautiful.

Characters and musics were pretty much the same as in Extra so I won't say anything more about them.

Overall: Unlimited had the ingredients to be something better but ended up to the same level with Extra -> 6.5/10

Done with Muv-Luv Unlimited. I have to say that I was very dissappointed at how the story withered after a great beginning:

A nice military story turned out to be a harem drama similar to the one in Extra. BETA didn't appear even once albeit they were the main point of the whole game. Also, I can't understand why they made all the endings identical.

That being said, I admit that the idea of the story was excellent and the endings were beautiful.

Characters and musics were pretty much the same as in Extra so I won't say anything more about them.

Overall: Unlimited had the ingredients to be something better but ended up to the same level with Extra -> 6.5/10

Looking forward to your response at MLA. :)

I also just finished Muv Luv Extra/Unlimited last week and started on Alternative a couple of days ago to keep the momentum going.

I am asking this here cause I'm afraid of reading spoilers; how many "episodes" are in Alternative? I am currently on 5 so thought I was half-way done (Unlimited has 12 I think). I honestly thought I was almost done with the game after a certain event but then a "filler" popped up -_-. I'm hoping to finish this before Friday when RL takes over.

So far I like the representation. The overall motion of the characters during conversations and other events immerses you into the game.

I also just finished Muv Luv Extra/Unlimited last week and started on Alternative a couple of days ago to keep the momentum going.

I am asking this here cause I'm afraid of reading spoilers; how many "episodes" are in Alternative? I am currently on 5 so thought I was half-way done (Unlimited has 12 I think). I honestly thought I was almost done with the game after a certain event but then a "filler" popped up -_-. I'm hoping to finish this before Friday when RL takes over.

So far I like the representation. The overall motion of the characters during conversations and other events immerses you into the game.

If you can spoiler tag what that certain event is, I can probably tell where you are. For reference, use

blablabal [./spoiler] without the period to show a spoiler.

If you really want to know how many there are specifically, then:

[spoiler=number of MLA episodes]11

:D

As the others said, there's still a lot of content to be had. There's still a lot of fun and !!FUN!! still. I'll be interested to hear your take on the game, too, since I've always liked comparing opinions on these sorts of things.

As for me, I just finished Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo. Pretty good, definitely want to play the fandisc at some point.

Sharin No Kuni Spoiler

I especially liked the intrigue going on between Kenichi and the old man. It's like a dark and twisted chess game where one wrong move and you're screwed. Could write a lot more, but I need time to mull it over in my head

Next, I think I'll relax a little and play some Kamidori. Out of interest, how strong does the Kamidori storyline get? I'm only on chapter 3 (and the routes haven't diverged yet) so I was just interested, since it plays more as an RPG right now than a VN (which is fine, mind you).

Edited by Chocolatemilkgod

I loved Sharin no Kuni. Pro-tip: for the fandisc, just play the Houzuki route. Trust me on this.

Also, Kamidori isn't known for the story at all. You pretty much play it for the RPG aspect.

Kamidori isn't known for the story at all. You pretty much play it for the RPG aspect.

That's depressing. I might just go directly to Ever17 then. Been wanting to play that for ages. I know for a fact that it does have a good story.

So are the epilogues on the Sharin no kuni fandisc really that painful?

So are the epilogues on the Sharin no kuni fandisc really that painful?

Yeah. They're really bad. I mean, if you want you can skip towards the last minute or two of the after stories to see how they end up.. but even that probably isn't worth it. It's just after stories filled with no plot and a whole bunch of h-scenes. Houzuki route is what you need to play if you want more of the original Sharin.

They could have even went in an interesting direction with

[spoiler=Sharin]His sister and him running for office or something, but they show the events BEFORE that happens, so it's not even an after story.

For what it's worth, I also loved ever17. Definitely great, especially the buildup to the true route.

Ah ballocks. I'd been looking forward to

Sharin no Kuni Spoiler

a continuation of the 'reform society with onee-chan' option, and seeing how things changed for the (hopefully) better. I would have also loved to see what else was in the memory stick, and just generally continued on that sort of premise - that would have been awesome. It's not a sequel though, only a fandisc so I shouldn't have expected that much.

Oh well, Ever17 it is. A lot of people love the game to bits so it should be pretty awesome. Definitely one I might do a review on at some point.

Edited by Chocolatemilkgod