What is the last eroge you finished, and what do you think about it?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the fact that you have to play an entire bad game before you can play mla?

Good thing it isn't bad/terrible/any words similar that indicates that muv luv is a poor VN !

And how would you know this without even playing it? -.-

TL;DR

A non-reader-friendly quasi-review:

I just finished the latest one translated Minna Daisuki Kozukuri Banchou. It has gameplay (bumper cars, lol) and a shitload of errors, most of which involved the DRM and my antivirus but I got to run it in the end. The most persistent glitch I got was that every 5-10 mouse clicks or so in the VN portion, the first line of text in the message window is blank or partially shown, even if the text display speed is set to instantaneous. This can be worked around by hiding the message window with right-click and unhiding it, or reviewing the text in the backlog (NOTE: I believe the glitch does not show if playing in window mode).

Now about the VN... Well, it's not that story-driven, it's about a guy who makes a harem by beating schools and making wives out of his opponents and impregnates them to leech off state-provided welfare. It's a bit absurd if you ask me, but the story left me grinning at a few points, especially since we get a masochistic, klutzy, mayadere heroine. There's a total of 10 heroines and 3 more from the DLC, ranging from a twintails tsundere, an imouto, an emo(?) katawa shoujo, a mayadere assassin maid, a goddess, a swordswoman reminiscent of Meiya from Muv-Luv, a loli, a glasses kaichou, another mayadere mahou shoujo, a tall, athletic silent type, an idol, an elf and a robot (did I leave anything out? hope none of those was a spoiler). Take your pick pervs. :cool:

The gameplay isn't that hardcore either, just a bumper car type of game, knocking off enemies from the platform, while getting pickups and stuff. The characters have specials that can be unleashed when a gauge is filled, save for the MC, who has to have a kid with him and the special he uses is the one the kid's mother has. The game is pretty balanced, with the MC not having any real strengths or weaknesses.

Except when his kid is the one he had with the robot. Insta-kill deathray is a total game-breaker. Seriously.

The game's currency is BP - Banchou Points - which you earn after each mission and based on your performance (time left), bonuses (number of kids you have) and the penalty incurred by the characters you deployed. This is where the MC shines since he doesn't cost squat when on the field. You spend BP on stat ups and on romancing the heroines. My gripe is that you can't hoard more than 999 BP at a time, while most characters need about 300-500 BP to max out on stats and 500 BP for heroines to get to 100% affection. Note that 100% affection is not required to impregnate a heroine, it simply makes the fertilization minigame easier and 100% affection is only needed to unlock all the scenes to get the heroine's ending (DLC heroines don't have endings though - too bad).

Did I mention the fertilization minigame? The most absurd part IMO. It requires you to run around as a SPERM, destroying obstacles (multiple hymens?) along the female reproductive anatomy (and the level is shaped like a cervix or the fallopian tubes, depending on the difficulty determined by your affection level) and getting to the egg. Easy enough? Try doing it with two determined CONDOM-LIKE THINGS hunting you down relentlessly inside said anatomy (don't ask me why that is) and a single touch from them gets you ejected out of the womb. And with a time limit to top it off.

Thankfully, we get ourselves a gym, where we can grind away on mock battles and earn about 30-60 BP (provided you only used the MC in your lineup) per battle. Later in the game you get presented with an even bigger gym with more enemies and you can earn a max of 100 BP per battle (all children born, only MC fielded).

All in all we get ourselves a great new translated VN with gameplay from Eushully's subsidiary Anastasia thanks to Aroduc. It may have its share of glitches, weak story and cliched themes, but it is a welcome addition to the growing lineup of English translated VNs. I give it a 7.5/10. Now, I want my Grisaia.

I just remembered I still have yet to finish Kamidori... Ugh, 40 hours of grinding and I've still yet to do Yuela's route....

Edited by evollove

Finished Kozukuri Banchou last night.

The Good:

- Ema Airin. Arguably, the only character with an amusing personality. lol My fav heroine in this VN. :o

- Minami Urara the wheelchair heroine. Hahahaha, troll character ftw.

- Hisame Sayaka the Meiya clone. Another funny character, though her h-scenes are somewhat disappointing.

- Gameplay is mindlessly fun. At least better than Boob Wars shitty card game or Koihime sleep inducing gameplay, if you want a comparison that is.

- I like most of the humor and joke.

- Overall, a pretty enjoyable short game.

The Bad:

Nitpicking the bad aspect of this game is pointless imo. Don't think too much and just enjoy the absurdity.

Finished Minna Daisuki Kozukuri Banchou, gave it a 6. The gameplay wasn't anything special, but at least it was kinda funny overall. The "heroine events" were really cheap, they could have included a bit more stuff for each heroine. It's kind of a shame really, because this VN has some really insane heroine lineup. Too bad it's kinda wasted in this case. I guess the assassin maid ended up being my favorite character, probably because she's like the only one with some background and story, she's also kinda amusing. Also, it was nice seeing the angel maid from Kamidori again.

This VN is the closest thing to Osadai, which is a good thing. More crazy comedy VNs please.

Edited by killerinsidee