Kamidori Alchemy Meister Installation Error :(

@Guest

I use applocale so i dont think thats the problem, plus my locale settings are already on japanese >

BTW any can translate what this says?

ii.JPG

d.JPG

Edited by Nobu

So apparently, from the first pic i posted, the error is a MS-DOS error message that pops up b/c i cant read the file b/c something went wrong with the files of DATA3.ALF TO DATA5.ALF O_O...i like how im the only one with this problem :(

I also have some Problems with this Games. When i start it, it randomly freezes during the Intro. When i start a new Game in the Menu, it crashes and i get a Appcrash error.

Alot of people had this same problem, so you can maybe try to scroll through the comments on the main site for an answer.

What i would suggest is that you do the following:

Isolate the problem - Do a clean reinstall of the game, try to run in without installing any extra patches. See if you still have the same problem. If it runs fine, then install the addon patches as well. For some people the game ran fine without the english patch, but froze with the english patch installed. Also be sure to install the game under Japanese locale, don't use AppLocale in this instance.

About the Intro freeze - I've read that some video codecs conflict with it or something along those lines, i didn't have this issue but some other ppl did.

@Nobu

In my experience with playing these kinds of games, I've noticed that if you are having problems with the installer, than it generally means that you have access or compatability issues going on. A list of things that have solved problems for me in the past:

-Make sure you are running the installer as an administrator if you're using vista or 7

-Make sure you are not only installing but that you extracted the game's .iso or files while your computer is in japanese locale

-If the game is fairly old, try running the installer in compatability mode for XP (may not apply to this particular game)

-Try installing into a folder that isn't in your /program files directory, I know that at least vista adds extra protection to files in that directory that can get in your way

-Unlikely as it is, maybe there isn't enough room on your hard drive to install?

Likewise, it could be that your download got messed up in transit- check the file sizes of all your parts and make sure that all but the last match up. I guess its also possible that the extraction messed up for some reason, so you could always try re-extracting the files and installing from the fresh extraction. Hope I helped at least a little!

@Guest

I use applocale so i dont think thats the problem, plus my locale settings are already on japanese >

BTW any can translate what this says?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1498[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1499[/ATTACH]

the warning says Kamidori Alchemy Meister Installation cannot proceed or something like that

the warning says Kamidori Alchemy Meister Installation cannot proceed or something like that

Again, something is stopping the installation and the most likely suspects are compatability, access restrictions, or possibly messed up/corrupted files.

i think its probably corrupted files =/ and i redownloaded a few times so i don't think ill be able to get those files fixed...

You can use torrent i made to check which parts are corrupted - i use the same files in mediafire and torrent download, so if you place them in one folder and try to download torrent there, it'll check hashes of all parts and redownload only broken ones.

Also - many people had their antivirus suftware interfering with installation process ( people complained about Avast and AVG the most but some others were also mentioned). Try disabling the av to see if it helps.... I really need to send "stop bullying eroge" e-mails to major antivirus vendors.

lol, ill try that 2mrw when i have time, and i believe i removed my avg, afterall, it interferes w/ almost anything u try to do. :D ill send a "DOES BULLYING MAKE U FEEL BIGGER!?" email 2 them.

lol, ill try that 2mrw when i have time, and i believe i removed my avg, afterall, it interferes w/ almost anything u try to do. :D ill send a "DOES BULLYING MAKE U FEEL BIGGER!?" email 2

them.

I use AVG and yes it does show alot of false positives and crap on alot of games. Just add exceptions with Resident Shield and it won't bother you anymore.

I use AVG and yes it does show alot of false positives and crap on alot of games. Just add exceptions with Resident Shield and it won't bother you anymore.

That's weird, I use AVG too and it hasn't ever thrown any false positives when I install/play games. Maybe I'm just lucky? Or maybe I just have a virus that disabled AVG and I don't know about it lol

So apparently, from the first pic i posted, the error is a MS-DOS error message that pops up b/c i cant read the file b/c something went wrong with the files of DATA3.ALF TO DATA5.ALF O_O...i like how im the only one with this problem :(

Maybe my computer is just fked up O_O anyways my new laptop arrives in roughly 2 weeks so ill just play it on that, just means i'll be like 3-4wks late than u guys

meh competition isn't my thing, oh wait, *thinks about shoutbox* ...lol

I'm having the same problem -.- re-dl'ed it 6 times already only to get the same error.... it kinda pi**es me of... I'll try something else now if that doesnt work I'm gonna give up on Kamidori...

btw i kinda find it weird that on the image is already a folder named 'program files'....

Edited by Icygreen