DEAR DROPS:help people,get help,...

ok this is the dear drops thread,u wanne help people,u want help,u dont want help,u want us to find u a loli(..oh w8 wrong thread)

nway nything dear drop related will go here...

Edited by switch

I thinks the story look interesting but I wish Overdirve/MG could release other non-musical related like Edelweiss too

dont get me wrong I would love to play any Overdrive titles anyway, I love the art work and BGM

ok this is the dear drops thread,u wanne help people,u want help,u dont want help,u want us to find u a loli(..oh w8 wrong thread)

nway nything dear drop related will go here...

lol switch

anyway is deardrops good???? i already have it but i haven't install/play yet.

Story sucks you in, it's not a dark themed story like G senjou but it pulls you in a way with lots of great charaters with humourous personalities and moments. I love it, loved KiraKira so this is no different.

I'd hate 2 go back and go in a diff route just to get cgs, because that'll mean i'd see the EDing again and again.

******SPOILER*****

They all die in a car crash but five 8year olds pick up their instruments and become pro.

Lol JK. Trolled.

• 2 weeks later...

I started playing this because I liked KiraKira, and it's pretty good so far, but I'm less than halfway through the common route part and there have been so many mistakes. The story is still good, and I try not to get hung up on little mistakes here and there, but there are just so many that it's distracting. It's like there was no editing or checking at all. It gets in the way of enjoying a good game. (But I do like this game and will be playing it despite the mistakes).

Also, here is a walkthrough I made based on a Japanese walkthrough:

Walkthrough

You can read it there or download it (there's a button top-right)

Edited by Dan.
anyway is deardrops good????

I'm currently playing deardrops and up to now, after 12 hours of playing, it's mosty boring. And I blame those guys who told me that this

visual novel is not the same like kira kira coz it is. The only difference, deardrops focus more on the music than the characters.

The main problem I have is that music is the solution for everything. Your house was destroyed? No problem man, just play some music.

Oh you killed somebody? Just play some music. Seriously...what the fuck? And where the hell is the violin? I fuckin love rock with a heavy

violin backup but up to now, nothing, dammit. Well, we'll see. I picked up deardops just for having some variety anyway. My last visual novels

were always some fantasy or surreal stuff so I thought playing some slice of life is a good idea and it acutally is refreshing.

And I blame those guys who told me that this visual novel is not the same like kira kira coz it is.

It definitely is a lot like kira kira. Not surprising since it's from the same company and they're both about mostly high school students making a band. If you were looking for a different game from kira kira, you picked the wrong one.

Never played Kira Kira before so I know nothing about that one. Anyways I've started playing Deardrops out of curiosity mostly. I didn't think I'd like it much but I was wrong. So far I like it but I'm currently up to where fall starts and I honestly have no idea if I'm on anyone's route yet or not, or even an idea how much longer it is till the end. It feels like I've been at it for a while now but at the same time, it still feels like there's still a whole lot more left.

Can anyone roughly tell me about how much is left when you first get into fall? Also is there anything obvious that tells you you just started one of the girls' routes?

Can anyone roughly tell me about how much is left when you first get into fall? Also is there anything obvious that tells you you just started one of the girls' routes?

I made a walkthrough that's posted above if you want one:

Walkthrough

There's one choice where the four options are the four girls; that's where the routes branch off if you use my walkthrough. There's another choice later with the same options, and probably choosing the same girl both times will get you her route, but there are other choices that seem important, so I don't know. If you want to be sure, follow my walkthrough.

EDIT:

If you've finished one route and you're wondering why it seems the same, the routes aren't very different until a while after the last choice.

Edited by Dan.

I didn't really need a walk through and plus I like figuring stuff out on my own unless I'm really having trouble. But anyways I got rimu's ending but... it kinda felt abrupt, sorta anticlimatic, and the whole route shifted focus completely from the beginning (or whatever it's called before you enter a route).

I was wondering if this game goes like 1 main route with 1 girl while the other 3 girls are just side stories. Anyone know?

I didn't really need a walk through and plus I like figuring stuff out on my own unless I'm really having trouble. But anyways I got rimu's ending but... it kinda felt abrupt, sorta anticlimatic, and the whole route shifted focus completely from the beginning (or whatever it's called before you enter a route).

I was wondering if this game goes like 1 main route with 1 girl while the other 3 girls are just side stories. Anyone know?

Riho and Kanade are the main girls.

Rimu and Yayoi have shorter routes.

• 2 months later...
guys I need help, I opened my deardrops, appear to my window, Then just black screen with sounds I heard even on the menu...i really need your help guys... i already updated my codecs but still not working..... T_T[ATTACH=CONFIG]3866[/ATTACH]

This is typically a codec compatibility problem. The best thing you can do to avoid this altogether is to have a separate partition (or computer) for your VN’s.

If that’s not an option, uninstall all codec packs/media player. It will work… but you won’t be able to watch movies on your PC until you reinstall them, and that will ruin your VN’s again.

btw, here are some of my specs... windows xp service pack 2, directx10, nvidia geforve TNT 2 , 512mb of ram.. 32mb video card.... VERY poor T_T ... but i can still play vn properly...

From what I can deduce, I think the problem here is your video card. You should at least upgrade it to 512 mb and above.

Deardrops is a pretty much still a new game so it also requires a better video card.

K-lite codec

Fuck this shit! I've also big problems with visual novel videos, I'm usually not able to see them. That's the reason why I installed one year ago that k-lite thingy and seriously, after that everything screwed up. I wasn't even able to watch youtube stuff anymore. I took me 4 freakin hours to get everything back to normal. So yeah, fuck this stupid codec, I hate it. It seems that my video card just doesn't like visual novel movies, I can live with that though, just open those movie files by yourself and you'll be fine.

Oh and there are some visual novels where I can see movies, but usually not.