Does this annoy you too?

I've noticed that alot of opening movies for VN's show CG from the game, and this would be ok if it didn't spoil anything. But it does, alot of the time, it shows the kiss scenes and other such 'spoiler-type' CG. Does this annoy anyone else, or is it just me?

It's sometimes a little bit annoying but not really a big pain in the ass. I mean sure, they will show some cg's but it's not that you would

understand anything by just seeing them. I personally forgot nearly all of them after the opening anyway. Bad memory ftw! \o/

It doesn't really annoy me, but I guess it takes some of the "specialness" of the CG away.

And well, most times it is just the kiss scene, or the CG's of the beginning of an H - Scene,

and I'm kinda expecting these things to be in it, so I don't consider it a spoiler either.

I don't find this that annoying at all. The point of this kind of opening is to get you hyped about the game, as long as they don't show EVERYTHING a little spoiling doesn't bother me. For the most part you know what is going to happen anyway, and the cg's alone don't give you the whole story. Sure it would be great if the creators made full new intros(like each video for the routes in Katawa), but I can still enjoy a recycled art intro if done decently.

My strategy to combat the spoilers is to watch the intro, then immediately start paying attention to what happens afterwards and don't think about what I just saw. That way, most of the things I saw slip out of my memory until I see the scene again, and then I'm like "Oh yeah! I remember this CG now." It's a pretty effective strategy

it doesn't annoy me, but what annoys me the most is when i lurk around in a certain site and then looking for a reviews or something like that yet someone comment on the review stating something like "i have trouble fighting this" or "this girl should be bla bla bla" spoiler thingy like that dammit that breaks my mood. always at least till now

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't annoy me so long as it is not for a game heavily based on story and (even then) does not give away the very end. Personally, I feel that it gives a great sneak peak and makes the potential players what to get to scenes they see.

For example, the opening to Corpse Party. It spoils MANY of the bad endings, making you think characters that may survive will die, and it is not clear until you get your first bad end with one of those CGs that the opening doesn't really spoil much at all that way. However it does COMPLETELY spoil the ending of the first chapter, and taken out of context you have no idea what the hell is happening.

The trailer, on the other hand... completely gives away things you learn in chapters 2-3 (and even 4) or a 5 chapter game. So the game has, at least, a less spoliery opening than the English trailer. But, to be fair, it is an AWESOME trailer and it gets you pumped for the game.

Hah, I really hate spoilers, I don't want any portion of a story revealed to me before I come to it myself. It's like having my own life spoiled, I want to experience something as it comes. I want to be stupid and in the dark before I see it.

Fortunately, I usually remember NOTHING about an intro because I don't know the characters yet. When they give you an intro after playing a bit, I intentionally don't pay much attention :D