Do you want seconds of Deardrops???

So yeah...I just ended all routes from Deardrops, it kinda pissed me off that the only "long" routes where Riho's and Kanade's...but still awesome stuff.

Maybe I appreciatte it more, because I love music, I'm a musician as well (an amateur one tough....) but yeah...comedy, a little bit drama, GOOD music, and a bit of the lovey-dovey moments xD

But well, the reason of the thread is to ask you guys: Would you like a second Deardrops VN??? or Do you think it could be possible to happen??

Because KiraKira got Curtain Call, and Edelweiss got Eiden Fantasia....so yeah...that :o

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mhmm mhmm, *nods head*

How did u like riho ending? it had the most lasting affect on me :)

And i'd love to see a 2nd part, like 1 year l8er where they reach higher places. :), 2bad by then, most of the crew would be college age+ and its no fun if nobodies in highschool, thats what eroges are all about! (2 me)

Oh man, I just finished my first route in Deardrops. This VN is wonderful, such a refreshing change from the typical high school slice of life. I just finished up Riho's route, and will probably go Rimu next.

As to seconds... I'd have to actually say no. As much as I felt the heart-sucking emptiness in the pit of my stomach at the end of a really good story from this, I also feel like the way they took it wrapped things up nicely.

Either way, incoming end of route reviewish-rant thing below:

Spoiler stuff here, read at your own risk:

Certain feelings like him leaving her to go abroad, and back to the oppressive craziness that made him snap in the first place worried me as the final concert happened. However by the time he was on the plane and they were preforming while being separate I was nearly ready to stand up and go find an instrument myself. The feelings of heavy rock from Riho being pissed at people as they were looking for sponsors, and the way he passed on the guitar to the young girl just makes me bask in the feeling of pure awesome that runs up my spine as I think back to it.

End Spoiler

Riho herself really makes me wish I could play any sort of rock instrument. I've seen a few 'rocker' type heroines in VN's but Riho just makes me smile in a slightly creepy way when she was on the screen. She has that really alluring sexiness rocker girls can have, without being too much. The tsundere part wasn't overbearing, and I just overall like the character.

I do have two negatives for the novel however, one being that the H-scenes seemed very lackluster to me. The art there seemed sloppy and distorted. This from the few scenes in this route. I actually thought Riho looked the best nude in the one bath CG, than any of the full H-scene ones. At this point after finishing the route, I'd almost trade away the H-scene replays, for the ability to replay the main concert scenes over again. Those cg's really felt like the characters were drawn the best. At least to me.

The other negative would be the lack of an animated music video. I really really really want to see one of the songs with them playing. I the little videos for each of the routes in Katawa Shoujo have me spoiled a bit, but is one little animation too much to ask for? The slide-show type intro thing didn't really do it for me. I guess along that nature I will hope for an anime version of the game, because I think it would make for an amazing one. The beach concert alone would make me watch. XD

So far the story gets a 5 star rating from me. I don't know how the other routes will pan out, but if they are half as good as Riho's I know I won't be disappointed. It will be a hard act to follow however.

Edit: aaand just finished Rimu's route in a matter of hours. That was... absurd and short. Riho's took me most of two days to finish, and Rimu's randomness was done in a matter of hours. I suppose the route fit her as a character, but it felt very strange. Oh well, onward to the next path. Going Yayoi next, saving Kanade for last, as I'm more interested in how that'll work out with the concerts and music I like so much.

Edit2: Just finished Yayoi's route. That was short, but very sweet. I liked it quite a bit more than I thought I would. The Guitar Princess was quite a bit cuter than I expected, both in H-scene and out. And the story behind what happens with her Guitar is pretty impressive to me as well.

Edited by Haika
Mhmm mhmm, *nods head*

How did u like riho ending? it had the most lasting affect on me :)

And i'd love to see a 2nd part, like 1 year l8er where they reach higher places. :), 2bad by then, most of the crew would be college age+ and its no fun if nobodies in highschool, thats what eroges are all about! (2 me)

Yeah!! I loved Riho's route, it made me want to improve with my instruments, and actually the only college one would be Yayoi, Rimu's would be a senior and Riho...well, she dropped school, but still has high schooler age xD....Yup, I so totally would like a second part, also more people from Kira Kira appearing would be awesome =D

Oh man, I just finished my first route in Deardrops. This VN is wonderful, such a refreshing change from the typical high school slice of life. I just finished up Riho's route, and will probably go Rimu next.

As to seconds... I'd have to actually say no. As much as I felt the heart-sucking emptiness in the pit of my stomach at the end of a really good story from this, I also feel like the way they took it wrapped things up nicely.

Yeah I know, but I also think that a little bit of story can be added, like a Grand Finale to end it majestically...you know?? like a Shoichi-Kirari duo, or even a mix concert with the Kira Kira crew and Deardrops...idk, I need some more Deardrops xD

As for all that you said, I totally agree with you, (specially the spoiler part xD) and about the negatives I should say I agree in the fact of the bad drawing of the characters on the H-scenes, it's a lot better in the concerts as you said (I have one of them as my wallpaper now)

About the animated music video...yeah that would be totally awesome, but since I got used to stoic images in the concerts since Kira Kira, so you could say I didn't have high expectations in that regard...but also would love an anime from this!! xD

About the other routes, I kinda liked Rimu's ending, but I would have preferred a bit more of "drama" in regard of Rimu's lack of confidence in men...Yayoi's was like a flashback for me, because I also saw a friend of mine suffer the loss of his beloved guitar, I felt identified with that one, now just let's wait till you end kanade's :o

Well that was awesome. :) I'm glad I chose these routes to play in the order I did. As much as I liked the end to the Riho route, the Kanade one seemed to fit at least as much, if not better(Especially for Shoichi imo). The scene where she was singing in the hospital was spine-tingling.

And Magic Mirror is an awesome tune. It might even be my favorite of the actual singing tracks. (Though Stardust with the violin comes very close.)

My only regret at this point(besides the still wanting a video of a concert) is that she never joins DEARDROPS. The opening listing her as vocals for the band, and showing them all there with Shoichi on the violin seemed like the perfect version of the band to me. It bums me out a bit that they never reached that point, though the stories all worked out nicely in their own ways. Until the very end I think I expected Kanade to fail, and have the band pick her up. It's nice to be surprised sometimes.

Edited by Haika
  • 1 month later...

T.T

finally got time to play and finish this...

Riho route seems to be Kira Kiea style of ending..

but i wish they do something like the original Kirari ending where u get a true ending..

kinda hate it whena good route+story ends abruptly without any explanation..

kinda wonders what'll happen to Riho during the time Shoichi not around...

Doesn't matter to me.These band base theme VN's all ways end the same.

Why doesn't the band become famous half way through then the real story can start.

Hey main character try be a good and faithful guy with groupies and all the drugs and alcohol you can do.

That's right people 70's style when rock was rock.Not this G-cord crap.

That' s right people I said it!

Lets see the start , them getting notice , then stardom!

Then I would care.All these other music based vn's were just small time bands.

Only thing different about deardrops was the main character was already famous.

The game was ok, the music was better than Kira Kira.But game play wise kira kira was better.

Speaking of kira kira what was up with Curtain Call.The girl was already picked for you I hate that crap.

Edited by Breakthrough
Doesn't matter to me.These band base theme VN's all ways end the same.

Why doesn't the band become famous half way through then the real story can start.

Hey main character try be a good and faithful guy with groupies and all the drugs and alcohol you can do.

That's right people 70's style when rock was rock.Not this G-cord crap.

That' s right people I said it!

Lets see the start , them getting notice , then stardom!

Then I would care.All these other music based vn's were just small time bands.

Only thing different about deardrops was the main character was already famous.

The game was ok, the music was better than Kira Kira.But game play wise kira kira was better.

Speaking of kira kira what was up with Curtain Call.The girl was already picked for you I hate that crap.

Exactly my thoughts. You deserve a thumbs up. *thumbs up*

or maybe Riho will sell her body? visual of it makes me lol

yes I do want more Deardrops and I'm good with a completely new story about a new band as well

but I'd rather have an epilogue of Shouchi and Riho

or maybe Riho will sell her body? visual of it makes me lol

yes I do want more Deardrops and I'm good with a completely new story about a new band as well

but I'd rather have an epilogue of Shouchi and Riho

urmm...

i think thats too much especially when she's the headstrong type that'll never giveup to do those kind of thing...

There is a Deardrops/Kira Kira fan disc. It's called d2b VS DEARDROPS -Cross the Future-. Currently Japanese only.

A collaboration fandisk celebrating the 5th anniversary of OVERDRIVE, featuring a crossover between Kira☆Kira and DEARDROPS. Riho watches Kirari and Shouichi’s overseas performance on TV and sees that Shouichi is enjoying it more than before. She wonders if she would be able to beat Kirari. At that moment, she never thought that she would have a chance to do just that.

I guess it's kind of an epilogue for the Riho/Deardrops and Kirari/Kira Kira.

it kinda pissed me off that the only "long" routes where Riho's and Kanade's...but still awesome stuff.

It seems like maybe they only wanted to do Riho and Kanade routes, but people expect a route for every girl in every game, so they had to make one for each character. Riho's and Kanade's routes were really good. Yayoi's was pretty good too, just short. Rimu's wasn't very good, in my opinion. Rimu wasn't really the kind of character that falls in love; she was always being compared to an animal and it seemed like she should have been "innocent".

I would like to see another music-themed game from Overdrive; Deardrops and Kira Kira were both really good.

There is a Deardrops/Kira Kira fan disc. It's called d2b VS DEARDROPS -Cross the Future-. Currently Japanese only.

I guess it's kind of an epilogue for the Riho/Deardrops and Kirari/Kira Kira.

It seems like maybe they only wanted to do Riho and Kanade routes, but people expect a route for every girl in every game, so they had to make one for each character. Riho's and Kanade's routes were really good. Yayoi's was pretty good too, just short. Rimu's wasn't very good, in my opinion. Rimu wasn't really the kind of character that falls in love; she was always being compared to an animal and it seemed like she should have been "innocent".

I would like to see another music-themed game from Overdrive; Deardrops and Kira Kira were both really good.

talking bout Rimu like and animal..

we also have Wanko(Kazuko) in Majikoi...

1 cat and 1 dog...

but Wanko's route are nicely done..although i still like Chris route..

anyway..not to drift away..

i agree bout Yayoi's,,,they could juz add up more script to make it nice

but i'm still think its due to budget scheme that they cant prepare enough story line

I will be waiting for it !!

d2b x DEARDROPS Cross the Future

I love all the characters in both VNs. When I finished playing, I can feel my heart being blessed by those wonderful story.

LOVE !! The word I can only describe to DEARDROPS