Little Busters! Gets Anime

Oh look, VisualArts posted a PV.

That looks pretty good; all the characters look like they did in the game. There isn't much more to say about it at this point. But the fact that they made a PV is good; it's more likely that it will actually be made.

When there were like 10 seconds left I assumed the video was over and started scrolling down. Then I heard Mask the Saito and I freaked out for a second before I realized what it was.

Bahahaha, take this little busters fanboys! Producers: J.C. Staff, Warner Bros. Fuck yeah!

(T_T)

This is the saddest face I could make over the internet, but I assure you, I am even sadder than this face.

Well ehem... hmmm

wellll I don't it's that bad since (I think) Maeda would be in charge of the writings

And besides J.C staff maybe a bit lower than P.A works but their animation is still quite nice.

For example:

Shakugan No Shana

Tora Dora

To Aru Majutsu No Index

Hidan No Aria

so what does it matter right??

right now I'm just glad that it wasn't Toei Animation who's charge of it.

wait wait WAIT!! Did I just see Warner Bros.???

What!! what the hell does Warner Bros. Have to do with anime?

Well ehem... hmmm

wellll I don't it's that bad since (I think) Maeda would be in charge of the writings

And besides J.C staff maybe a bit lower than P.A works but their animation is still quite nice.

For example:

Shakugan No Shana

Tora Dora

To Aru Majutsu No Index

Hidan No Aria

so what does it matter right??

right now I'm just glad that it wasn't Toei Animation who's charge of it.

wait wait WAIT!! Did I just see Warner Bros.???

What!! what the hell does Warner Bros. Have to do with anime?

JC Staff isn't bad or anything, but I don't understand why it's JC Staff; this isn't the kind of show they usually do.

Hopefully Warner Bros. is just giving them money and has no input whatsoever.

Hopefully Warner Bros. is just giving them money and has no input whatsoever.

Believe me, warner bros. isn't a company who cares about the product itself. They're just lending some money for getting even more money.

I don't think that they will try to change something. They just heard that the little busters visual novel was a huge success and that there are

many fanboys and so they obviously...blablabla...let's hope for the best.

Key has stated in interviews KyoAni turned THEM down, and KyoAni has been reported to be "happy they aren't doing the project".

... KyoAni, why? 8|

Don't they realize Key + KyoAni = $$$ ?

Every Key/KyoAni show has been very popular and successful and made tons of money. Maybe Key is hard to work with? Or it's a lot of work to do a Key project?

Don't they realize Key + KyoAni = $$$ ?

Every Key/KyoAni show has been very popular and successful and made tons of money. Maybe Key is hard to work with? Or it's a lot of work to do a Key project?

I could see this being the case since from what I've seen they take the original game, cut out all the crap, change around several key items while keeping the story self-consistent, and combine the best parts of every route while keeping the main heroine. This seems like it'd be hell to deal with if Key didn't manage the direction.

Clannad was a lot longer than Kanon and Air. Maybe Clannad was more work than they expected so they don't want to do another one. Little Busters is supposed to be only half as long as Clannad, but Clannad was two seasons, so it would be just as much work to make Little Busters as it was to make the first season of Clannad. And that "half as long" was before Ex added three routes.

Little Busters is supposed to be only half as long as Clannad

From where did you get this information?

Key has stated in interviews KyoAni turned THEM down, and KyoAni has been reported to be "happy they aren't doing the project".

At least has kyoani the guts to say no.

J.C. Staff

The company that was so fucking bad that it almost went bankrupt and had to be absorbed, fuck yeah, I can't await the anime. \o/

On a serious note, let's wait guys, they may do a good job even if it's not the samw quality like kyoani. But yeah, haters gonna hate.

From where did you get this information?

I was talking about the games. When Little Busters! was released, they said the story was twice as long as Air's and half as long as Clannad's. I think it was in an interview of Maeda.

Edit:

In an interview of Maeda and Tonokawa in the August 2007 issue of Push!!, it was reported that the story of Little Busters! is twice as long as Air's, but only half as long as Clannad's.
Edited by Dan.

(When did they almost go bankrupt?)

JC Staff has made a lot of great adaptations (by fan standards of the source material) even if the only VN one they did was awful, but that was 9 years ago and I am willing to overlook the show that does not exist in my mind. Bakuman, Toradora!, Toaru Majutsu no Index, Ghost Hunt, Shana, Slayers, Azumanga Daioh, even Utena.

Hell, just because of the first and last one I am willing to look forward to this. They aren't as bad as a lot of people make them out to be. They're not even on my favorite studio list and it annoys me how much hate they get, and how much more they are getting from Key-KyoAni fans.

Key made the choice to let JC Staff do this, and I trust their integrity. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Key made the choice to let JC Staff do this, and I trust their integrity. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Yeah, but they wanted KyoAni to do it, and KyoAni turned them down. And I don't know about trusting their judgment; it took them two tries to get Kanon right, and the other shows too.

But I am optimistic about JC Staff. I like a lot of their shows; I'm just not sure about how they'll handle this because it isn't like the shows they normally do. And I'm just disappointed that it won't be KyoAni.

And I'm just disappointed that there won't be a tomoyo after anime.

They made that "Another World: Tomoyo" episode, though. I haven't played Tomoyo After, but I really liked Tomoyo's route. I thought the translation wasn't completed?