• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello!

I rarely ask for help, but I give up.

I downloaded & installed the game, ran 1.1 update, I get this: Iu3m4Wx.png

Okay, stuff happens, gotta install the 1.0 patch... but! I get this: zoYua9m.png > worked from d:\

(I download the update and the patch from 3 different sources.)

I downloaded the game from Fuwanovel and I get this: FSVUISU.png

No save folder [i created it, copied someone's saves, didn't work], Japanese locale is selected [some people with the same prob just had to change it].

Damn it. Last 3 months: G-senjou, EF, Katawa, Deardrops, Sharin + Fandisc.

EDIT: Yeah, it worked. Looks like I'm a bit retarded (but just a little bit). Thanks!

Edited by An_chan
  • 2 months later...
It's because you have a corrupted save file. Delete your entire save folder in C:\Users\your_username\Documents\FAVORITE\星空のメモリア and make sure the bugfix is installed.

Thank you very much! I deleated the save folder and everything workes fine now^^

• 5 weeks later...
Hoshizora problem-free installation guide

--------------------------------------------

Since the 1.2 patch(and probably the last) got released, here are detailed instructions on how to install the game so it works properly and without any issues listed below. I tested the game a whole lot and this is the best possible way that I could get it to run without any problems.

1. Get the game - Make sure that the files are not corrupted. If they are, the game will crash on certain parts (re-download if that is the case).

2. Make sure that your system is in Japanese locale - Instructions on how to switch the locale are Here(Win7) and Here(WinXP). Do NOT use AppLocale (it may not work properly with it)

3. Install the game normally - Do not change the default install path (On Win7 it's - C:\Program Files\CROSSNET\Memoria)

4. Install the official game update - It can be found Here. Unpack it and install it. Note that this is not the English patch and it needs to be installed before it. If you don't install it, you will get all sorts of errors and/or crashes while playing.

5. Install the Staircase Hoshizora English Patch 1.0 - It can be found Here. Now, what you do NOT want to install with this patch is the Subbed OP and the Font. Here's a picture of what you should install. You do not install the movie since it may cause your game to freeze and the only thing you lose from not installing it is the song translation which is not a big deal. The font will be installed separately.

6. Copy the Staircase Hoshizora English Patch 1.2 - It can be found Here. Unpack it and copy the contents of it to the Hoshizora folder (On Win7 it's - C:\Program Files\CROSSNET\Memoria). Be sure that you overwrite the files while copying.

7. Install the font & delete the dolphins - While you're still in the folder, you should see a file called Staircase Subs Custom.ttf (If you copied the 1.2 patch), right click on it and click Install, that will install the font you need. Note that installing the font on WinXP is slightly different, font install instructions for XP can be found Here. Also in the game folder you will see a folder called graph_vis (NOT the .bin file), delete it so you don't get any censorship while playing. Note: If you're using Win7 64 or Vista, check if you have a folder - "C:\Users\\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Pro gram Files\CROSSNET\Memoria." and delete the graph_vis folder from it if it's there.

8. Profit...not just yet - Start the game from the MemoriaEN shortcut or exe and go to the options. On Page 2 you will find a place where you can select the font, pick Staircase Subs Custom from the drop-down menu, otherwise you will have issues with the broken text.

I have installed the vn in this directions, I'm sure to I set non-unicode to japanese and I still take this error. I try to find a solution for 3 days but I couldn't please help me

u5xm6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty new at this and have a question. I've seen images of H-scenes online that were uncensored for this game but on mine they were pixelated. Did I do something wrong on the installation or is this version of the game just censored like that?

I'm pretty new at this and have a question. I've seen images of H-scenes online that were uncensored for this game but on mine they were pixelated. Did I do something wrong on the installation or is this version of the game just censored like that?

All the h-scenes will be pixelated. Unless the VN is localized (Jast, Mangagamer), every VN you play will have pixelated h-scenes.

I have installed the vn in this directions, I'm sure to I set non-unicode to japanese and I still take this error. I try to find a solution for 3 days but I couldn't please help me

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9879[/ATTACH]

Oh that's username issue. (Most likely) Your windows user account has strange symbols on it (stars, hearts or stuff like that) rename your account or create a new account with a normal name like: "John Smith" for example.

then uninstall completely,(don't forget to also delete the MEMORIA folder from "my documents") reinstall and try running the game again.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so Ive downloaded the fuwanovel version. the 1.0 eng patch, the 1.2 eng patch and the 1.1 bug fix. When i run the bug fix a window pops up with two options in japenese. One pops up another window whre if i click the only option it closes both and the other just closes the first window right away. I managed to instal the 1.0 english patch but the 1.2 has an error when i click on it. Long story short i cant select the custom font as it doesnt appear and selecting the blank space where it should be just means the words wont pop up. Any ideas how to help.?

Ok so Ive downloaded the fuwanovel version.

Ask for help there or download the version here. Fuwa versions of VNs have problems sometimes. If you download the version here and follow the steps in the exact order, you won't have any problems. If you do, they're addressed in the issues.

Ask for help there or download the version here. Fuwa versions of VNs have problems sometimes. If you download the version here and follow the steps in the exact order, you won't have any problems. If you do, they're addressed in the issues.

the one click download is broken and needs to be replaced

Hmm now whenever i click the english start icon it says that its asking runtime to terminate in an unusual way and it says run time error. Also says its not compatabile with 64 bit how do i get around that? This is the erogedownload version btw

Edited by ARbalro
Tried that didnt work still popped up with runtime error related to graph_menu.bins

You messed up the patching process, 1.1 fix is not an executable file, even though it says so (but don't worry there's a fix for that)

FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS TO THE LETTER:

-Uninstall completely, also delete the MEMORIA folder that's inside "my documents"

-Try installing the game on "C:" (Installing the game in program files sometimes yields permission issues)

-once installed, run the english patch 1.0 (if you installed on C: make sure to tell that to the patcher.)

-Unrar the update 1.1 patch, but DON'T run the .exe

-instead open the patch data folder, copy and replace the files there with the ones in the installation directory.

-Lastly, unrar english patch update 1.2 (copy and replace files with the ones in the installation directory.)

-Launch MemoriaEN

Edited by Helvetica Standard
You messed up the patching process, 1.1 fix is not an executable file, even though it says so (but don't worry there's a fix for that)

FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS TO THE LETTER:

-Uninstall completely, also delete the MEMORIA folder that's inside "my documents"

-Try installing the game on "C:" (Installing the game in program files sometimes yields permission issues)

-once installed, run the english patch 1.0 (if you installed on C: make sure to tell that to the patcher.)

-Unrar the update 1.1 patch, but DON'T run the .exe

-instead open the patch data folder, copy and replace the files there with the ones in the installation directory.

-Lastly, unrar english patch update 1.2 (copy and replace files with the ones in the installation directory.)

-Launch MemoriaEN

Do i replace the memoria files with the patch ones or the patch ones with the memoria versions. Because i got the same exact mistake .

Im getting two kinds of errors. If i use the MemoriaEN.exe from the original file then the graph_menu.bins is the error but if i use the .exe from the 1.2 patch then thats what causes the error

Edited by ARbalro
Do i replace the memoria files with the patch ones or the patch ones with the memoria versions. Because i got the same exact mistake .

Im getting two kinds of errors. If i use the MemoriaEN.exe from the original file then the graph_menu.bins is the error but if i use the .exe from the 1.2 patch then thats what causes the error

replace memoria files with the patch ones.

Also, google: directx runtime installer, download and install. then try to run the game.