Hoshizora no Memoria problems

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello!

i have some little problem or maybe even worse than i thought [ATTACH=CONFIG]11172[/ATTACH]

can someone help me (i'm newcomer by the way)

The game failed to open the graphics file. It could be a number of things. You can try a few things:

1. Change your locale to Japanese (don't use applocale or some other random apps).

2. If you changed the default name of the folder or placed it in some random location, reinstall the game with the default name/location.

3. Make sure you have all of the admin privileges and all that junk. Maybe something is preventing you from accessing the files (especially if you placed the folder in some crap location which Windows doesn't like).

4. Make sure your Windows username doesn't have some strange letters (é, ò, ä or some other russian random text or whatever). If it does, then just create a new account that doesn't have the russian text. You can delete it when you're done fapping to playing the game.

5. If everything else fails then your files are corrupt, you can try doing a reinstall. If that doesn't work then you may need to download the game again and hopefully the files won't be corrupted.

Edited by killerinsidee

Can't really tell anything from the random error. Can you try and see if it happens with the raw game (without english patch applied) ?. Isolating or narrowing down the problem should be the first priority. Apart from that, you can try to re-install directx or maybe repair your registry with Malwarebytes or try 0xc000007b Error Repair Tool. Also make sure you have all of the needed Visual C++ runtimes installed. These are all just long shots, but they may fix it by some miracle.

• 1 month later...

hello sir/maam

i just downloaded this game and i know its a bit too late to ask but...how can i fix this?

i keep getting this crash/bug thing and i dont know what to do( LINK:hoshizora no memoria Pictures, hoshizora no memoria Images, hoshizora no memoria Photos, hoshizora no memoria Videos - User Media - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting ). Its all in japanese so i dont know what it says in order to fix it...

i re install the game 3 x now...the error first appears when You lifts Chinami with a princes carry and i cant get past it...after re installation, i was able to..but this time it appears when Chinami sucks up mayonnaise...did the re installation again and now it appears when Asuho and Kumomo are having an arguement....NEED HELP!! PLEASE REPLY FAST!!!!

Error - "An error occurred during the data decompression.". First time I see this error from hoshizora. If it was the patch, then it would just mean that the installer can't extract the files, but no clue what would cause the game to throw a decompression error. The possible causes could just be corrupted files or you don't have some permissions on your Windows Account. You could try downloading everything again, patches, game, etc. Also make sure that your Windows Account doesn't have any odd letters (é, â, etc.). These suggestions are kind of a long shot, but I guess it's worth a try.

Edited by killerinsidee

aww man :(

and i was starting to like the game....but ever since this crash appeared i did nothing but researched a solution for it...and im the type of person who wants to finish a story once started :(

PS

4 questions:

1. What would happen if i only install the english patch 1.0 and not 1.2

2. I have English patch 1.1....could i use that instead?

3. Which game came first (Wish Upon a shooting start or Eternal Heart)?.. i think that maybe i can play eternal heart without crashes

4. Can you give me some VNs with chibi CG in them (like in HoshiMemo when Chinami begs You to fill her Piggy with money :3)

Edited by accelerator135

DUDE!!!! FINALLY!!! I DOWNLOADED THE TORRENT ONE AND (I THINK) IT WORKED!!! BEFORE, I CANT EVEN PASS THE OP BUT THIS TIME I FINALLY GOT PAST IT!!

(MAYBE IT WAS A CORRUPTED FILE) I'LL UPDATE YOU IF I GET ANY ERRORS

my question now is:

will i get anymore errors in the future after i pass the OP??

Edited by accelerator135
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

errr,, i'm still newbie about visual novel and just finished my first VN Grisaia no Kajitsu without any problem with the installation...

and i was following the installation Hoshizora no Memoria the same way as Grisaia with Daemon Tools then mount the file that i downloaded...

after i clicked the icon for install at (:\Program Files\CROSSNET\Memoria), there's an installation window BUT the install option that i believe at the very top of the option can't be clicked.. Here is the picture that i prtscreen..

Hoshizora.png

I wonder why the install button can't be clicked... I'll really apreciate it if you can help me..

Thanks.. Sorry if my english bad..

• 1 month later...
in windows 8 the path goes to program files x86 is this why during the first Aoi h sceen it kept getting errors?

Going to x86 shoulden't effect it - in fact, that's better because it's an older game. x86 basically means it runs stuff as 32bit instead of 64bit - and I'm fairly sure Hoshizora no Memoria is a 32bit app.

Can't give any real advice, as it's been afew years since I read it - but I recall there were at least 2 or 3 patches that had be installed in a certain order. If Staircase is still up and running it might list the patches + order. (unless you have already done those steps when first installing the game)

capture-20150101-215255.png

i keep getting this error (so far).The only errors i have encountered are on Aoi's route but then again i have only done her route and Asuho. I have followed the directions to the t when in stalling and setting the game up yet i still have errors i even tried setting it up both ways as well.

what am i doing wrong?

it's a real longshot, but try installing a community codec pack (if you dont have one already) and ensure it's up to date - there are rare cases where some VNs need certain codecs - though the odds of it being that are pretty slim.

EDIT: beyond that, I can only think of the more basic stuff like running it in xp compatibility mode.

If it's any comfort - your better off skipping her arc :p (but that's my own massive biast opinion heh) either way hope you can get it running~

Edited by Some guy

it seems the files on the eroge site are just broken i downloaded the torrent version and so far no problems

Also i have been using Klite Mega but i don't like it so i will be switching back anyways.

Edited by visored

Mysterious Girl – 夢:

You must do the 5 above routes to unlock this route

Stay out of it

Don’t tell

Forget it

Tease her

Take her feelings to heart.

Keep silent

I can’t

Drop the subject

…………