Hoshizora no Memoria problems

Fair enough. I was looking around the net if someone else had the same issue, but I couldn't find anything about it so I doubt that it's a common issue.

I found a few people on Japanese BBS's who are having the same problem. I'm going to try to copy and replace the graph_vis.bin from the ISO and see if that works.

EDIT: Copied and replaced but it still gives the error message, I even re-installed the game but to no avail.

Edited by Xohm Erune
  • Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a few people on Japanese BBS's who are having the same problem. I'm going to try to copy and replace the graph_vis.bin from the ISO and see if that works.

EDIT: Copied and replaced but it still gives the error message, I even re-installed the game but to no avail.

Unless the files on the disc are corrupted, I have no ideas.

Problem: At the opening movie part, a second window opens and plays the movie, but I can't get the game to respond after the movie. (black screen)

Solution Tried: Installed CCCP and set settings like this.

http://i40.tinypic.com/nya8ts.jpg

Additional Info:

-Running windows 7

-Before I installed CCCP the game skipped the movie altogether. (Almost didn't realize I missed the movie)

Someone discovered that the guys Staircase Subs completely censored the loli(true route Mare) HCGs. This is what you get when viewing Mare HGC - http://i42.tinypic.com/2a0mk5y.jpg.

There is a simple fix to remove the damn dolphins. Install the game normally, with 1.1 update and English patch(you don't need to re-install it or anything). Go to - C:\Program Files\CROSSNET\Memoria, find graph_vis folder and delete it. Make sure you delete the FOLDER, not the graph_vis.bin since that file contains all the game CGs.

The graph_vis folder contains files like MARE_e08a and they are all the same size since they contain the same Dolphin picture which overwrites the original CGs. Deleting the graph_vis folder will just make the CGs load from the original file, instead of the censored folder. Doing this will in no way damage your game or anything like that.

I tested this with a 100% save, this fix works perfectly.

I deleted the file and yet the damn dolphins appear, I already deleted the folder from the trash bin as well, what do I do?

Problem: At the opening movie part, a second window opens and plays the movie, but I can't get the game to respond after the movie. (black screen)

Solution Tried: Installed CCCP and set settings like this.

http://i40.tinypic.com/nya8ts.jpg

Additional Info:

-Running windows 7

-Before I installed CCCP the game skipped the movie altogether. (Almost didn't realize I missed the movie)

I had the same problem. I just changed the name of the "movie" folder so that the game didn't think the file was there and it just skipped it. Kinda sucks if you want to watch the opening but I suppose you can always just watch it by itself and it's better than freezing and not being able to play.

I deleted the file and yet the damn dolphins appear, I already deleted the folder from the trash bin as well, what do I do?

If you deleted that folder then there is no way you're getting the dolphins. All the dolphin pictures are in that folder, if you remove it then there is no place the game can pull those pictures from since they don't exist.

I had the same problem. I just changed the name of the "movie" folder so that the game didn't think the file was there and it just skipped it. Kinda sucks if you want to watch the opening but I suppose you can always just watch it by itself and it's better than freezing and not being able to play.

I tried it just now, having the same problem with the movie opening in a separate window.

Edit: Found a solution - installed the new CCCP 2011-11-11 (left the settings at default), installed the DirectX from the game disc and when installing english patch(Staircase 1.0 one, not Untroll one) and DID NOT choose the Subbed OP movie to be installed. That way the game will just play the original japanese movie instead of the subbed one. Don't think that seeing the subs is that much of a big deal for a 2min opening really.

Not sure if installing the DirectX from the disc was needed, I was just trying out some stuff.

Edit: Updated the 1st post with this issue and a bit more detailed explanation.

Edited by killerinsidee
There's also "missing d3dx9_29.dll" one if you read all the comments on the main site.

Solution: "It’s inside Feb2006_d3dx9_29_x86.cab file located in the directx folder on the game disc. Unrar it to the game’s folder."

Didn't see that one, thanks for mentioning it. Added it to the first post.

Yeah...sure...I'll probably find at least 10 more. Why? I've a laptop AND windows 7 64 bit, fuck yeah, errors here I come!

Be sure to post if you find anything. Other people will go through less trouble when playing it.

Edited by killerinsidee
No problem. And while you're at it, remove all references to "Guest" in OP. It's not a nickname, it's a fuck you to forum engine that doesn't let me post anonymously. Inb4 "why didn't you register as Anonymous?": it has already been taken.

If you really need to refer to my posts, use "visitor", "that dude" or something similar.

No problem, fixed.

I don't know if this was mentioned yet but they released a Hoshimemo patch 1.1 that fixes a number of issues with patch 1.0 and its available here. Doesn't exactly say what it fixes.

Just great. I mean, it's cool that they released a patchfix, but they could have at least listed what it fixes.

Just great. I mean, it's cool that they released a patchfix, but they could have at least listed what it fixes.

I asked in the comments section on the website.. if he responds i'll post back here... but yeah, would of been better if they posted a log of what the patch fixes.

So they indeed don't want us to get rid of dolphins. Combined with the fact that there have been 50 downloads of UntrollPatchV1 on MF alone, this means that here's HoshimemoUntrollPatchV2. Instructions are inside (see archive comment) as well.

Unpack to the game's directory overwriting existing files, right-click install the font, play in Japanese locale. No need for any other patches.

In fact, there's even no need to install the game if you don't have it already: just copy Memoria folder from game disc to your HDD and extract untroll version there.

HoshimemoUntrollPatchV2.rar

I'm also attaching the archive with updated files (main .exe, script and docs) for those who already have Untroll or original patched version. MF mirror:

HoshimemoUntrollPatchV1toV2.rar

Added to the first post.

Also it would seem that the 1.1 patch just fixes some grammar mistakes. They wrote - "Special thanks to a fellow called ‘Euphemism’ who provided us with a comprehensive list of errors." that guy probably reported grammar errors which they fixed now.

Some guy wrote that it doesn't fix the font restarting issue or the opening movie issue.

Im not complaining or anything, but how can someone release an update patch or something similar without a fixlog...

Edited by killerinsidee