Hoshizora no Memoria problems

Just tested memory. No issues... So I'll try using Furmark, what else do you recommend me to try?

Furmark was just an example. If your graphics card was failing, you would most likely get graphical artifacts and/or screen freezes. Do as suggested above, but you really can't take a screenshot of the blue screen, rather write it down fast before the pc reboots, like Guest suggested.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, so running the game with it fully patched and up to date yields a BSoD with this info:

Issue with file: ialmdev5.dll

PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA

Technical information:

STOP: 0x00000050 (0xE2F2C000, 0X00000001, 0XBF04963F 0X00000001

ialmdev5.dll address BF04963F base at BF043600 Datestamp 00000000

Do not trust the numbers, as I don't trust my handwriting, lol. Will be doing it again to double check the error code.

Apparently, the numbers in parentheses changed the second time around. I didn't write them down that time.

Edited by Rosencrance

The update utility said my display driver was a custom thing, so it couldn't help me in that regard. Also, I was sure that I had the latest drivers, so I just ended up reinstalling my display drivers and I think everything is good so far... maybe a little too soon to say, but I've managed to play for a whopping 10 minutes without a BSoD, at least.

The update utility said my display driver was a custom thing, so it couldn't help me in that regard. Also, I was sure that I had the latest drivers, so I just ended up reinstalling my display drivers and I think everything is good so far... maybe a little too soon to say, but I've managed to play for a whopping 10 minutes without a BSoD, at least.

Some progress at least, let us know if it's working or if there's some new issue.

Alright, so I did what you instructed me to do the other day; I've now installed the new drivers. What now?

See if you still get the same BSoD and check how many of ialmdev5.dll there are in your systems folders. There should be only 1(if you removed the other ones before and ran the Sweeper). If you still get those errors then it's very likely that something is wrong with that integrated graphics card.

Also as ultimecea suggested, do a clean re-install of Hoshizora, but delete the save folder in your documents before re-installing (backup the save files though). It's not very likely that it will fix the problem, but you never know.

Edited by killerinsidee
I have found a solution, I think. I have tried what you have said to no avail. However, downgrading my display driver did the trick. Been playing for 20 minutes and been all good.

Great news then. Possibly the newest driver didn't like the game very much. Let me know if that fixed the problem.

Okay, new issue: the game seems to freeze after the OP? After the OP finishes, the second window just stays kinda whitish and nothing happens if I leave it or close it.

If I attempt to close the original game window though, it still functions and asks me if I want to close it.

I don't recall an option to have or not have the subbed OP either, so blah.

Derp, deleted video, all is well now.

Edited by Rosencrance
Okay, new issue: the game seems to freeze after the OP? After the OP finishes, the second window just stays kinda whitish and nothing happens if I leave it or close it.

If I attempt to close the original game window though, it still functions and asks me if I want to close it.

try skip it..

should able to do so~

if not just delete it~

Edited by ultimecea

Derp, deleted video, all is well now.

So the game works fine for you now, with the downgraded driver ?

For any other game related issues, check the 1st post.

I still seem to be having problems with the dolphin censorship even though I deleted the graph_vis folder, updated everything and applied the HoshimemoUntroll Patch V2b. Does anyone have an idea as to why they still appear and know how to permanently delete them?

I still seem to be having problems with the dolphin censorship even though I deleted the graph_vis folder, updated everything and applied the HoshimemoUntroll Patch V2b. Does anyone have an idea as to why they still appear and know how to permanently delete them?

If you used the Untroll patches, then there are 2 ways to get rid of the dolphins. Either download this exe - MemoriaEN11FixedExe.zip and replace it with the one you have now. The other way to do it is to go to the game folder(delete graph_vis folder as well) and create an empty file called graph_vis(not folder). Just create a .txt file, name it graph_vis and delete the .txt extension.

Edited by killerinsidee

hello i'm new to the site and the game i'm trying to get it running i haven't had any errors that have be said in this thread but i have been getting a ect/038 error after i finish talk to the girl at the lookout. i get the error when the boy wakes up and someone is yelling at him. and when i get the error if i hit the ok button it shuts the game down so that is a far as i get i haven't even had a chance to start a route yet. And when i try to get past the same point using the original exe i just get a black sceen and nothing else happens.

Edited by deathpuggs
hello i'm new to the site and the game i'm trying to get it running i haven't had any errors that have be said in this thread but i have been getting a ect/038 error after i finish talk to the girl at the lookout. i get the error when the boy wakes up and someone is yelling at him. and when i get the error if i hit the ok button it shuts the game down so that is a far as i get i haven't even had a chance to start a route yet.

You need to apply the bugfix patch located here. NOTE - you have to install the bugfix before you install the english patch. You should reinstall the game just in case. Just follow the steps killerinsidee made in the first post.

i did follow those instruction when i first in stall and that was the only error i was getting but i just installed the untrolled v2 patch and it fixed it for me

Desi is probably right. The Untroll patch also contains the official 1.1 game update, so you probably didn't have it installed prior to installing the English patch. If you resolved it, then it's all good.

Though the instructions that I wrote work 100 %, I tested it countless times.

Edited by killerinsidee

Not sure if this is covered somewhere in thread, but maybe it should be added to the first couple posts.

In my system running Windows XP (not sure if setting based or version based), you can't simply right click a .ttf file and select install. You go to Control Panel, Fonts, File Install new font, Point it at the folder, select the font (something something Gothic Something Something if I remember right), and Install.