Hoshizora no Memoria problems

Not sure if this is covered somewhere in thread, but maybe it should be added to the first couple posts.

In my system running Windows XP (not sure if setting based or version based), you can't simply right click a .ttf file and select install. You go to Control Panel, Fonts, File Install new font, Point it at the folder, select the font (something something Gothic Something Something if I remember right), and Install.

Thank you for the contribution. Added a link to your post in the OP.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so there is a workaround to the skip function that is broken. I haven't tested this 100%, but other people have had this work for them and I tried it with one route and it worked. Skipping the common route should work just fine, so you can use skip there all you want and it should work. The problem is text is skipped on the the specific routes. What you have to do is turn off the skip function the moment you go from the common route to a specific route.

Spoiler below if you haven't completed the common route at least once

Shortly after the combat at the lookout, both Komomo and Kosame shows up in the multimedia room. Komomo signs up for Tenkuru here. The common route stops once they leave the room. Stop skip while they are in it and skip manually with enter to hit just the right spot for reading again.

In other words, just stop the skip function right before you enter a girls route. Turning on the skip function after you are in a specific route should be fine now and it won't be broken.

Please do not discuss this spoiler here, as other people are still playing the common route. This should fix the broken skip.

Edited by desi
How do you uncensor the Hcgs? I just started asuhos first hentai scene and it's all pixelly (censored). I deleted the graph_vis file, but I guess that was only for Mares route.

Sex scenes are censored most of the time in Japanese VNs you run into. They'll always censor his weiner and her vagina. You can't fix this. Not a huge deal though. The deal with Mare's route was that the translator completely blocked her scene. So instead of seeing her scene, you would see a page of dolphins.

Edited by desi
Sex scenes are censored most of the time in Japanese VNs you run into. They'll always censor his weiner and her vagina. You can't fix this. Not a huge deal though. The deal with Mare's route was that the translator completely blocked her scene. So instead of seeing her scene, you would see a page of dolphins.

Ah...I see. Do you know what the girls say at the end of each route? There's a -FIN- screen, then they say a line but it's not translated, and there's no text it's just a voice.

Ah...I see. Do you know what the girls say at the end of each route? There's a -FIN- screen, then they say a line but it's not translated, and there's no text it's just a voice.

Yeah, some guy on vndb translated it. Check it out here.

Hey guys,

there's two strange errors I get each time when I go to Page 3 of the options or arrive at a certain scene. ("Chinami slept in, slept in, slept in!!)

I haven't read any pages of this thread yet so I apologize beforehand if this was already discussed once :p

This is what I get when i go to the 3rd Page :

http://puu.sh/vVYj

And this for that on scene :

http://puu.sh/vVZH

Would be really cool for a quick reply, I actually only registered for this sole purpose, but might as well stay here and amuse myself on the forum ...

Hey guys,

there's two strange errors I get each time when I go to Page 3 of the options or arrive at a certain scene. ("Chinami slept in, slept in, slept in!!)

I haven't read any pages of this thread yet so I apologize beforehand if this was already discussed once :p

Would be really cool for a quick reply, I actually only registered for this sole purpose, but might as well stay here and amuse myself on the forum ...

There's a huge possibility that your game files are corrupted. Try to re-install it. Before re-installing, delete the save data from the documents (be sure to backup that data before deleting it), delete the leftover game folder (after uninstall) and run a clean game (not translated). If you still get the error on the original game without the patch (you still need to install the official game update 1.1), then your files are corrupted and you will need to re-download the game. If the game runs fine then the problem is in the english patches, in that case re-download the patches (also download patch 1.2 and apply it). You could also try the Untroll patches and see if you get the same errors. Note that you need to make a clean install before attempting any of this, so you can isolate the problem.

Edited by killerinsidee
Hey guys,

Well, you definitely get that 038 error because the bugfix isn't applied correctly. Just completely reinstall it like killer suggested and follow the steps on the first page.

I know it's totally off topic but still, desi, where's your awesome hanako picture? I miss it. =(

I'll quickly answer so killer doesn't murder me. I was pimpin this avatar for the contest in the general section... I shall change it back :)

1. Install offical game bugfix

2. Install Complete English Patch 1.0

3. Install English patch update 1.2

If you did all of the above then that should have fixed the problem, tell me if it didn't.

Maybe I'm just doing it Wrong but it still say the same thing..

I can play the 1.0 english patch but i cant start 1.2..

Maybe I'm just doing it Wrong but it still say the same thing..

I can play the 1.0 english patch but i cant start 1.2..

That shouldn't matter at all. Patch 1.2 just contains some translation updates, it doesn't really alter anything (other then what patch 1.0 already does).

There's a huge possibility that your game files are corrupted. Try to re-install it. Before re-installing, delete the save data from the documents (be sure to backup that data before deleting it), delete the leftover game folder (after uninstall) and run a clean game (not translated). If you still get the error on the original game without the patch (you still need to install the official game update 1.1), then your files are corrupted and you will need to re-download the game. If the game runs fine then the problem is in the english patches, in that case re-download the patches (also download patch 1.2 and apply it). You could also try the Untroll patches and see if you get the same errors. Note that you need to make a clean install before attempting any of this, so you can isolate the problem.

Thx :)

Works now after the redownload :D

You know what a problem i have w/ Hoshizora is? This creature called "chinami," is there anyfixes that anyone knows of for this...and by fixes i mean COMPLETE TERMINATION OF CHINAMI.