Looking for recommendations

Hi, I've only played 1 eroge so far (My Girlfriend is the President), but I would like to have some recommendations with the following criteria:

- Medium/Fast paced eroge

- A lot of options to make (the President one only had a few options...pretty disappointing.), thinking required

- Ideally, at least 4 girls to conquer (so, must have multiple endings)

- No gruesome endings like those in School Days

Basically, it has to make my brain work HARD to win.

A list of recommendations would be fine. I'd try them all.

Thanks!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at what I've played so far, I can recommend.

Clannad: It is kinda long, but I had some serious trouble at getting onto some routes, and you have to play some routes in certain ways, I think, to unlock stuff.

Da Capo: You have to take a lot of choices, either in the form of answers or as in where to go.

I think you even have to take a test, now if that doesn't require thinking.. :p

Both have multiple endings (I'd say that is rather normal for eroge) and in case you liked Da Capo, there is also a second part for it.

Though they made it obvious in what choices to take in the second part, so it is not really hard to get the ending you want.

Katawa Shoujo

Sharin no Kuni

Clannad(warning: you will cry like a girl)

These plus:

G Senjou No Maou (not exactly a lot of choices, but still worth your time to check out)

Canvas 2

Ever 17 - There are 4 different girls plus a true route that brings everything together. It makes you think and has a GREAT story.

Edited by desi
Medium/Fast paced eroge

Ideally, at least 4 girls to conquer (so, must have multiple endings)

I believe this combination is actually the real problem here. If the game has more than 3 different routes then it's mostly slow paced. That's because you need some time to choose a heroine. If you're looking at games which handle things faster, you usually can't choose between the heroines but on the other don't need the time to get things started. Swan Song would be a good example. It's fast paced, has some good moments which will make your brain work and you also have many choices. The only problem, you can't choose a heroine.

So yeah, I can't remember a visual novel which has at least 4 heroine routes and is fast paced.

Edited by OneManArmy

Just play Sengoku Rance or Daibanchou Big Bang Age.

Both have many girls with mini routes and a 4-6 main heroines who have a full route.

Both require tactical and strategic decisions of which there are many, and you will have to "work HARD'.

As for fast paced, depends on your skill.

Both games have no gruesome endings.

Thanks for your feedback.

I will try some more eroge before determining whether the pace is truly unbearable.

I don't like Clannad (anime) because it is very moody and emo. It slows down my brain instead of exciting me. Is the eroge similar?

Thanks for your feedback.

I will try some more eroge before determining whether the pace is truly unbearable.

I don't like Clannad (anime) because it is very moody and emo. It slows down my brain instead of exciting me. Is the eroge similar?

The ones that maths debater suggested are rps/srpgs, so it's not boring if you like those kind of games. Sorry to disappoint you, but the best VNs are usually very slow and take a lot of time to finish(like Clannad). If you don't like the "slow" ones, you won't find much good stuff to play.

Since you've said that you only played only 1 VN so far(Osadai), definitely check a few of them out to see what you will like. Sadly, translated VNs are not like the standard PC games, you really can't be all that picky or stick to 1 type, because the chances are that only like 2-3 games of that type are translated.

Edited by killerinsidee
It slows down my brain instead of exciting me. Is the eroge similar?

If you didn't like the anime then don't play the visual novels.

If you don't like the "slow" ones, you won't find much good stuff to play

Well you're right when we're talking about complex stories but I wouldn't say that there aren't any good fast paced visual novels. But yeah like I said, Larxene should try Swan Song.

Well you're right when we're talking about complex stories but I wouldn't say that there aren't any good fast paced visual novels. But yeah like I said, Larxene should try Swan Song.

Ye, I'm not saying that there only the slow/long games are good, ofc not. It's just that if you look at the best(best vndb score) games, you will find that a lot them fit the "slow and long" type. Then again, it's personal preference. I can't tell other people what to like.

Edited by killerinsidee

I guess I don't mind a slow-paced game as long as I can actively participate at every juncture. I have watched some slow-paced anime and I couldn't stand it. But anime is passive entertainment, while VNs are supposed to be active entertainment, so as long as there's sufficient activity, it should be okay.

Ye, I'm not saying that there only the slow/long games are good, ofc not. It's just that if you look at the best(best vndb score) games, you will find that a lot them fit the "slow and long" type. Then again, it's personal preference. I can't tell other people what to like.

Swan Song

I liked the realistic flow of the story but the game to me had no good ending.Only one was ok but it wasn't a happy ending.

Their is only one girl you can do to if I remember correctly.

But the story is good and the flow of events is good.But it's a dark story so if you can only play happy game just skip it.

But it's only dark in a society has fallen apart kind of way,and not in a main character is a villain kind of way.

Edited by Breakthrough
Looking at what I've played so far, I can recommend.

Clannad: It is kinda long, but I had some serious trouble at getting onto some routes, and you have to play some routes in certain ways, I think, to unlock stuff.

Spoiler allert!!!

some REQUIRED playing order

1. Misae's route--->Tomoyo's route

--->unlocks a scene in Tomoyo's route where you can get Misae's "light"... This scene won't be shown if the previous route before tomoyo is not misae...

2. Fuko's route ---> Toshio's route ---> Nagisa's route...

---> if not done correctly before unlocking or playing "After Story", certain scenes in the after story will not be shown

Sorry for the spoiler...

I guess I don't mind a slow-paced game as long as I can actively participate at every juncture.

In this case, just play what you want. Take a look at the Browse visual novels and you'll be fine. If you found an interesting visual novel just ask us for our opinion....ah screw this, just play it~!

I liked the realistic flow of the story but the game to me had no good ending.Only one was ok but it wasn't a happy ending.

Their is only one girl you can do to if I remember correctly.

But the story is good and the flow of events is good.But it's a dark story so if you can only play happy game just skip it.

But it's only dark in a society has fallen apart kind of way,and not in a main character is a villain kind of way.

Well I actually didn't like the two endings either but for me they somehow were happy endings. They were at least damn optimistic. And the true ending had a shitty german song at the end, you can't believe how much I laughed. Anyway, you're switching between the characters from time to time and so you actually can fuck 4 different girls but you can't choose them like in a normal visual novel. If I remember right then the main-main protagonist has only at one point of the game the chance to choose another girl. The story itself is pretty dark yes but also fast paced. Seriously the start of that game was just damn awesome. Fuck this lame introductions of things, I want instant action!

Here's my recommendations:

Tokimeki Check-In

--->20+ endings, 9 or more heroines, not very short nor long, but hell, it took me 3 whole months to finish all routes because some routes are very hard to enter...

Edelweiss & Edelweiss Eiden Fantasia

--->5 heroines +2 from Edelweiss Eiden Fantasia, not very hard for certified Otakus and VN Fans, almost like watching an animated film because ALL characters moves their mouth while talking... great story + comedy which made me look look like an idiot for laughing for hours...

Yin Yang X-Change

--->12 endings, Good story + twists

Tsukihime & Kagetsu Tohya(sequel)

--->5 heroines +1 from kagetsu tohya, 9 endings on tsukihime + 1 True end from kagtsu tohya... Has bad ends wherein the main character DIES (Game Over) caused by wrong choices... Kagetsu tohya has a RARE gameplay wherein you'll play, repeat, unlock, and be surprised until you reach the TRUE end +10 unlockable side stories...

I sorry to disapoint u and said that VN in general are like reading book for the most part.

Anyway how about playing Kamidori? It got a great gameplay and ok story.

Kamidori is just about the addictive gameplay, everything else is not that great. Still, the gameplay by itself is fucking awesome.

Edited by killerinsidee
I will recommend

>Da Capo

> Da Capo II (warning U WILL CRY on the main heroine route )

>Clannad ( well like they said u will cry in this vn and think a lot )

>Canvas

>sorry for my bad english :)

Very true... clannad and da capo II are very tear jerking VNs...